Has anyone seen Jimbo's portion of the presser yet?

Jay4481

I wanna know why Thurman was sweating like a pig during his PC. He must know something and is having trouble keeping it to himself! :censored:

Wouldnt be supprised to see the alumni own this team to some extent. RW is horrible to watch. Almost like he doesnt have his right mind about him. It is sad to be honest. Yes he was sweating awefull. Should have brought a towel. A little weight loss would not hurt either

You're not kiddin brother! Ye Ole' was wondering about that himself. Like at first he was just sporting a little shine, then about half way in it was all over and Thurmal couldn't control himself. Wiping his brow with coat sleeves nonstop... full force and what not. But they sure mentioned Bill Cowher's name a lot during this presser.

Sometimes the lights can just cook you like a heat lamp. I didn't see the video you were talking about, but I have been cooked by those lights a few times and it was very very uncomfortable.

Seriously, who knows how all this will pan out with Nix and the next coach and everything. Either way I love seeing JK up there supporting the Bills. He was very candid about a lot of things, and had a really nice comment about the fans and how we keep up the support even in tough times like this. He seems to be genuinely excited about the Nix hire and the future of the Bills. He also said that absolutely believes we can end up with a top tier coach...Cowher specifically.

My favorite thing he said was in regards to the new decade starting. He said that people have talked about GB, NE, etc. being Teams of the Decade and this decade will be the decade of the Buffalo Bills. Sentimental, I know, but I love this kind of stuff...

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/v...b0-bf425b721369

Thanks for the link.

With the Nix hire, I am onboard and optimistic about this being our decade.

Not to be too nostalgic, but I loved the comment by Jimbo that the former players are passionate about wanting to see the Bills be a winner again. It's too bad we have to age. I'd love to say "to he!!" with finding a new QB. I'd love to resurrect Kelly, Smith, Tasker, Thomas, Conlan, Reed, Hull, Wolford, Bennett, Beebe, Lofton, Davis and the rest of those guys to go out and smash up the league today.

Larry Felser wrote an article sometime in the middle of the Bills Super Bowl runs. It spoke of how lucky, we the fans of the Bills are in having such a team as the Bills. He wrote that the collection of players, coaches, front office personnel and scouts are a once in a lifetime thing. The team was so good, we would never see the likes of them ever again.

I loved reading Felser's articles during those Super Bowl years. And looking at this past decade, he was right.

But starting with this new decade, now....here's to hoping he was WRONG!

GO BILLS!

While listening to Jimbo, this thought came to mind:

Frank Reich as Bills OC. He's Colts' QB coach right now and has worked with Peyton Manning and been exposed to that system.

No he's not a proven OC but no one is until they become one.

We need to stop right here and get an experienced OC...Not the Fairchilds, Turk and AVP, guys who have not been OC and successful at that.

I, too, loved Jim's portion of the presser yesterday. I especially loved the part about how special it would be for a coach to win a Super Bowl in Buffalo as opposed to someplace else that already has won a championship. This, IMO, should be the selling point to a head coach such as Cowher.

I, too, loved Jim's portion of the presser yesterday. I especially loved the part about how special it would be for a coach to win a Super Bowl in Buffalo as opposed to someplace else that already has won a championship. This, IMO, should be the selling point to a head coach such as Cowher.

Q: "Jim, if not a specific name, what kind of characteristics should a coach have?"

A: Well, you have to be tough like BILL COWHER ... have the attitude like BILL COWHER ... sure, we'd love a guy like BILL COWHER .... there may be names out there that i don't know, but someone tough like BILL COWHER

Jimbo is the best .... the Frank Reich name drop was hardly an accident either. Frank will be back in the Bills organization next year.

The re-emergence of the dynasty team and their involvement has the simultaneous great feeling of a terrific homecoming with a little bit of pitiful Al Bundy-ishness sprinkled in ... of us (the fans), not the veterans. We're so desperate, anything that even reminds us of winning works. Brandon may ultimately be just Ralph's order-taker, but he can certainly be a savvy dude.

Can't get the Kelly video to work past 3 seconds. Got the Thomas on though.

It's apparent these guys are, right now, in some roll with the team. Be it

ownership, scouting or whatnot.

One thing is for certain, they know more than they are saying, or not saying.

I believe they have the coach picked out they want and the Nix hiring reflects

that. The guy they want OK'd the move already and is putting together a staff.

Remember, the Bills talked with Weiss and he said he was interested, my guess

it would be as OC.

I think the begining of next week we should see a new regime in place, hierarchy

of who does what, including Kelly and Thurman. I believe our head coach will be

named within the next two weeks as he probably already has the job. Maybe it's

all just wishfull thinking, but I have a strang feeling about all of this.

Jimbo is the best .... the Frank Reich name drop was hardly an accident either. Frank will be back in the Bills organization next year.

My guess is he'll come back as QB coach. Right now he's mainly helping the backups. How much coaching does Peyton require? Of course this will depend on who our new head coach is.

Thurman has been alluding to some "big news" that "every Bills fan will be happy about" after the season is over. He And Kelly have been talking like they are in on something...

I am going to predict that Ralph announces, after the season is over, that he will sell a minority of the Bills ownership to Jim Kelly and his long rumoured ownership group, whoever that is. This group will have the right of first refusal to buy the franchise, once Mr Wilson passes away. I think this has been in the works for some time.

Jim Kelly has been talking like the future owner of the Bills for some time, like he is pretty sure of himself. Also, notice, in the PC, Kelly said he has "been an employee of the Buffalo Bills since 1986" We know he played QB for the team from 1986-1996, but, to my knowledge has never been publicly listed as a Bills employee since then.

There is something more to this story...you didn't see John Elway at the PC to announce that the Broncos had hired a new coach, or Dan Marino there to help inaugerate Bill Parcells in Miami....yet there were Jim Kelly, and Thurman weighing in at the PC, as if they were part of the decision making process. They may simply be "ambassadors" for the team, helping to ease upset fans to feel comfortable with the choice of Buddy Nix as GM...

I am not bowled over by the Nix choice, but I am not upset either. When Marv Levy became GM, I was 99.9% certain it was a terrible choice. While I would have preferred a more established guy, Nix has been in the leauge for some time, and hasn't been around here long enough, in his second stint, to be held responsible for the mess that the franchise is currently mired in.

The one thing that troubled me about the PC, was the the undertone of lowering expectations that came from Ralph Wilson. I am not saying he should come out and guarantee Buffalo a playoff appearance next season, but, frankly, I have heard too much of Mr Wilson's bluster in the past to believe a word he is saying. He needs to show us some results...

Also, it is great to see that Jim Kelly has evolved so much in his post career. He exudes a classiness that I was never sure he had in him, these days. I always loved him as a player (what Bills fan wouldn't), but he always sounded a little like the "dumb jock" when speaking publicaly. He really has come a long way! :bag:

Have never posted this before but have wondered about it often, so here goes. I was wondering how the current players feel about all the ghosts from the 90's are hanging around looking over their shoulder all the time. Especially Trent. Kelly patrolling the sidelines, during the games, and silently critiquing his ever move. If Kelly were the owner, would he be a pest and stand around on the sidelines ala Jerry Jones?