Starting Fitz would only be a marketing ploy..

NixFan

Russ Brandon was hoping Brohm would have played a little better in the dome at ATL.

Even if his INTs and TDs were flipped, I'd imagine he would opt for Fitzpatrick to still start. Brohm would have been a teaser (just as he is now). No one knows how well he can play. What did he have, 3 days of [shortened] practice due to the holidays?

His game was mediocre, but he has all the excuses in the world, Fitz and Trent's pale in comparison.

I want to see more of Brohm and he better be the Bills starter.

Why is it that Fewell makes it seem that Fitz will be the starter if he can go (which he was close to being able to go on Sunday)..?

I think Fewell is just the scapegoat in all of this; "YOU MUST START FITZ," from the inner circle. One, gives a reason to fire Fewell (for making the wrong personel decisions) and two, they will have to hire someone other than Perry because let's face it...a 2010 season with Fewell and AVP leading our team = NO BUTTS IN THE RALPH.

Why does this team continually put business first? If their pockets are deep, they're happy...and whatever is on the field...is on the field. Then the next season, Brandon and co. will over-hype everything.

Ugh. :rolleyes:

Russ Brandon was hoping Brohm would have played a little better in the dome at ATL.

Even if his INTs and TDs were flipped, I'd imagine he would opt for Fitzpatrick to still start. Brohm would have been a teaser (just as he is now). No one knows how well he can play. What did he have, 3 days of [shortened] practice due to the holidays?

His game was mediocre, but he has all the excuses in the world, Fitz and Trent's pale in comparison.

Why is it that Fewell makes it seem that Fitz will be the starter if he can go (which he was close to being able to go on Sunday)..?

I think Fewell is just the scapegoat in all of this; "YOU MUST START FITZ," from the inner circle. One, gives a reason to fire Fewell (for making the wrong personel decisions) and two, they will have to hire someone other than Perry because let's face it...a 2010 season with Fewell and AVP leading our team = NO BUTTS IN THE RALPH.

Why does this team continually put business first? If their pockets are deep, they're happy...and whatever is on the field...is on the field. Then the next season, Brandon and co. will over-hype everything.

Amongst our three QBs, there is nobody the fans like enough to make playing him a marketing ploy, though it is possible that if they played Trent, it could be considered an anti-marketing ploy.

Amongst our three QBs, there is nobody the fans like enough to make playing him a marketing ploy, though it is possible that if they played Trent, it could be considered an anti-marketing ploy.

Ha, good thing Trent is already ruled out...or so I've heard.

You can't be serious. There is no marketing benefit to playing Fitz. And do you really think Brandon makes the call on the starting QB? Ridiculous.

You're getting all of this from the last game of the season? How could any decisions made for this game impact next year? Fewell is gone no matter what happens.

because let's face it...a 2010 season with Fewell and AVP leading our team = NO BUTTS IN THE RALPH.

I disagree. Many Bills fans will buy seasons and tickets in general regardless. That has been proven at least in my mind.

Why does this team continually put business first?

Because it IS a business first.

Fitz a marketing ploy?

Where do you get that?

If anything, starting Brohm is more of a marketing ploy. That's what everybody keeps bitching about, and wants.

Everybody wants to see the Bills newest "toy", so they can "analyze" their way to a knee jerk snap decision on whether Brohm is the guy or not for next year.

They can't help it. After 10 years of futility, patience has worn thin.

Fans want answers and results NOW.

does anyone even care who they start this week? i mean people will have their opinions, but honestly who the hell really cares? 1 second after the game ends 100% of the attention will be focused on the search for a coach and gm so it won't matter in the least who they play.

Fitz is starting because the coaches feel he gives them the best chance to win, even if it's very slight. The coaches and players are professionals. If Indy had won last week and came int othe game 15-0, I'm sure the Bills players and coaches would have went into the game feeling they have a gameplan that could have beat them. Fans can be realistic, players coaches are just positive always. (well at least 90% of them are)

You can't be serious. There is no marketing benefit to playing Fitz. And do you really think Brandon makes the call on the starting QB? Ridiculous.

^^^^^

marketing ploy.....fitz.....LOL

LOL

still laughing, I know you are too.

^^^^^

marketing ploy.....fitz.....LOL

LOL

still laughing, I know you are too.

Fitz wasn't the marketing ploy...I guess no one understood what I was trying to say.

Let me reitterate...

Brohm has had little to no time doing anything with the offense this year besides throwing to Hardy (aside from ATL game and short prep week). It has been said multiple times from Bills' staff and Brohm himself, that the plan was to not have Brohm play this year, but he would be a project for next year.

If they threw Brohm out to the dogs in another game with this line, the Bills' fans may lose some confidence in Brohm already (yes we are all quick to judge). So by playing Fitz, its a marketing ploy to keep Brohm in the minds of Bills fans as their 2010 Bills' starting QB.

Will we actually draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd?

Fitz wasn't the marketing ploy...I guess no one understood what I was trying to say.

Let me reitterate...

Brohm has had little to no time doing anything with the offense this year besides throwing to Hardy (aside from ATL game and short prep week). It has been said multiple times from Bills' staff and Brohm himself, that the plan was to not have Brohm play this year, but he would be a project for next year.

If they threw Brohm out to the dogs in another game with this line, the Bills' fans may lose some confidence in Brohm already (yes we are all quick to judge). So by playing Fitz, its a marketing ploy to keep Brohm in the minds of Bills fans as their 2010 Bills' starting QB.

That makes loads of sense, #18; save the man for next year when he knows the players and playbook and can actually come out of the gate running more or less at full tilt.

Will we actually draft a QB? Good question and I for one don't really think so. Not sure of course, but don't think so! Somehow I get the feeling that Nix doesn't really have a top QB in mind in this year's draft and maybe we'll groom the living hell out of Brohm, keep Fitz as #3, and pick up a #2 FA somewhere to actually push and compete with Brohm.

At the risk of boring you to death, Brohm has a terrific arm, is highly intelligent, has been highly accurate to the tune of 65% in college, has lots of guts to take a beating, etc, and IMO has what it takes to play QB successfully in the NFL.

Last 3 pre-season games at GB...

12 - 19 for 83 yds 0-1 against Buffalo

4 - 5 for 45 yds 0-0 against Arizona

20 - 28 for 154 yds 0-0 against Tennesse

Yeah sure, you don't see any TD's there but the completion % is 69% and by all accounts he was playing with the bottom of the barrel scrubs. For this he gets cut? I'm not seeing it folks. I'm thinking the pack was saving money by making it look bad for him, cutting him, quickly picking him back up and putting on the scrub team. Notice how they tried to get him back when we claimed him; and that meant that he would have had to be ACTIVE for a good number of consecutive games.

To cut this off; I'm thinking he's a whole heck of a lot better than 95% of the fans out there think!! :bag:

This may be the stupidest post I have ever seen here. That's saying a lot. I never thought there would one single post that could even begin to make make me think it just hands down "out-stupids" the rest. Seriously, a 3rd string QB as a marketing ploy? Your tin foil hat is, indeed, large.

This may be the stupidest post I have ever seen here. That's saying a lot. I never thought there would one single post that could even begin to make make me think it just hands down "out-stupids" the rest. Seriously, a 3rd string QB as a marketing ploy? Your tin foil hat is, indeed, large.

I think your post was stupid...read my other post smart-alac..

Let me reitterate...

People don't like to read apparently..

That makes loads of sense, #18; save the man for next year when he knows the players and playbook and can actually come out of the gate running more or less at full tilt.

Will we actually draft a QB? Good question and I for one don't really think so. Not sure of course, but don't think so! Somehow I get the feeling that Nix doesn't really have a top QB in mind in this year's draft and maybe we'll groom the living hell out of Brohm, keep Fitz as #3, and pick up a #2 FA somewhere to actually push and compete with Brohm.

Finally someone understands...