On this day in history in 1813...

The Senator

...no doubt after a splendid feast of ale, moose, and beaver, got all rowdy and burned Buffalo to the ground (supposedly in retaliation for the burning of the Canadien settlement of Newark - now Niagara-On-The-Lake).

Link - The Burning of Buffalo

Remember that the next time the Sabres kick Toronto's ass.

I do believe that the US declared war on Canada at some point. I am not sure if that was before or after the fire.

...no doubt after a splendid feast of ale, moose, and beaver, got all rowdy and burned Buffalo to the ground (supposedly in retaliation for the burning of the Canadien settlement of Newark - now Niagara-On-The-Lake).

Color me surprised that Canadians had discovered fire by 1813.

I do believe that the US declared war on Canada at some point. I am not sure if that was before or after the fire.

Ask Cincy, I believe he has a first-hand account of the whole thing. :doh:

The British also burned Washington D.C.. I wonder if they'd be willing to do it again?

What a lovely avatar you have today dib! You rarely disappoint. :rolleyes:

Maybe you guys could get us to do it again, It might speed up the process on the waterfront development and new peace bridge?

We do still have our fort in Fort Erie that looks out towards the arena............

Maybe you guys could get us to do it again, It might speed up the process on the waterfront development and new peace bridge?

We do still have our fort in Fort Erie that looks out towards the arena............

You sound vindictive. Are you still mad that the drug testing controversy between Pacqiao and Mayweather ruined Boxing day? :rolleyes::worthy::cry:

You sound vindictive. Are you still mad that the drug testing controversy between Pacqiao and Mayweather ruined Boxing day? :bag::P:lol:

You bet it ruined Boxing day

It was a sad sight to see going by on my dogsled and seeing all the children outside their igloos crying that their boxing day wishes wouldn't come true now that the fight is off