Howard University logo

rpcolosi

Bucknell U. uses (or used to use) this logo too. But I am sure that they pay licensing fees to the Bills. It's a trademarked logo.

Bucknell University in Lewisburg PA (right off Route 15) used to use the Bill current logo - tweaking the red strip to orange. They have a new logo now but the old one was still on some weight equipment and around campus when I was there.

Bucknell University in Lewisburg PA (right off Route 15) used to use the Bill current logo - tweaking the red strip to orange. They have a new logo now but the old one was still on some weight equipment and around campus when I was there.

Bucknell's basketball court used to have the Bills' current logo in the middle of the floor...looked really cool.

They would have been better off taking the old sabres logo.

This one, they are welcome to it, it is so ugly, both ours and theirs.

I really don't get the love for the insipid "standing buffalo" logo. Must be a nostalgia thing, because the current Bills logo blows it away.

I really don't get the love for the insipid "standing buffalo" logo. Must be a nostalgia thing, because the current Bills logo blows it away.

Personal preference I guess. I much prefer the "standing buffalo" throwbacks with the blue home jerseys. I like the Super Bowl era unis too. I'm not a big fan of the old white helmets with the charging buffalo on them (i.e. the one that's the subject of this thread).

I'm in full agreemant with you. In fact the present helmet is one of the coolest in the NFL. I wish they would start using a better metallic paint, it would show better.

We Stole it from Howard University.

http://www.thehilltoponline.com/sports/tak...-bison-1.463358

Howard University's bison logo is one that is waived high and worn proudly. According to facilities manager Isaac Darden who has been a part of the Howard community for about 40 years, John Dupri a former Howard alumnus, who majored in art and member of the football team drew a version of the bison crest for Howard.

His artistic creation did not go unnoticed but instead was coveted.

It was so highly favored that the professional football team the Buffalo Bills took the design for their own. Since Howard did not have the logo copyrighted, it was lost to the Bills.

http://www.howard.edu/newsroom/standardsma...HU_ENTITIES.pdf

Love the current logo and the red helmets. The White helmets look like a 1960's high school football team helmet. I also preferred the Superbowl era Uni's.