Buffalo a "real player" for Vick next year

Coach Tuesday

If signing Vick would make you walk away...don't go away mad, just go away.

If you even have a "#2" team, by all means, please go.

If you really are just looking for an excuse to not root for the Bills, leave now and don't look back. Don't worry, if you can even consider walking away, your heart wasn't really in it anyway, no matter what you tell yourself.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I don't get about this reports. What sense would it make for anyone in the Bills' FO to leak this info out? It makes zero sense.

And I think Vick is a total scumbag and wouldn't root for him. However what makes this easier is the fact that I know he's not a good QB. If it were Peyton or Brady in his shoes, I may talk myself into just that it's time to win at all cost. But I'm not rooting for a dog murderer who is a below average QB.

Couldn't agree more! This guy wasn't all that great before prison when he was a good runner and in good shape..It wouldn't shock me if the Bills did make a play for him as they make many poor decisions as an organization. Just get us a good+ GM and a good coach for xmas and things may get better!

If you really are just looking for an excuse to not root for the Bills, leave now and don't look back. Don't worry, if you can even consider walking away, your heart wasn't really in it anyway, no matter what you tell yourself.

Speaking for myself, at this point in my life, the Bills are pretty low on the list of priorities. I'm a fan of this team, but it isn't unconditional. If they sign the guy, its a pretty clear indication to me that they don't want or need me as a fan of the team and under that situation, I'd have no issue whatsoever with cutting ties with this team.

Speaking for myself, at this point in my life, the Bills are pretty low on the list of priorities. I'm a fan of this team, but it isn't unconditional. If they sign the guy, its a pretty clear indication to me that they don't want or need me as a fan of the team and under that situation, I'd have no issue whatsoever with cutting ties with this team.

But they dont need you. If you walk away plenty more will stay(myself included). Besides this all just hyperbole.......unless all the empty seats in the eagles stadium are dressing as people now. lol

Do you have kids? Do you have to explain things like this to them? It's just not that simple bro. The Bills have been a big part of my life for as long as I can remember, but there are more important things in life that I need to worry about.

But they dont need you. If you walk away plenty more will stay(myself included). Besides this all just hyperbole.......unless all the empty seats in the eagles stadium are dressing as people now. lol

That's true, they don't need me any more than I need them, but I would remind you that Philadelphia is far larger than Buffalo NY. They can much more easily replace alienated fans than the Bills can. Granted, considering that the Bills haven't signed Vick and have shown no verifiable interest in him, its all speculation now, anyway.

what i dont understand is why everyone saying he is not a good qb...he beat brett in lambo, he got all the way to the nfc championship with no wrs, and he wasnt a pro bowler...what the hell are you guys looking at what accuracy ok ill give you that but your accuracy drops if your receivers drop passes every other pass...but brian brohm is that great right :( PLEASE STOP THE MADNESS...if he didnt kill dogs it wouldnt be a problem, if thats the reason then say thats why...stop with all the he's not a good qb crap...

and one of you a-holes said if it was peyton or tom who killed dogs and wanted to come to the bills thats fine but because mike isnt as good as them you dont want him...WTF is that....sounds racial to me....

He did kill dogs though. In fact he electrocuted dogs, hung dogs, drown dogs, and smashed them to death off of asphalt. I like how people overlook his other favorite activities as well. Like knowingly passing along his gift of herpes to women while using an alias to mask his nastiness. His vehicles have been used for drug trafficking and his crew has been involved in a number of assault charges. Vick has been present for alot of these instances as well, so lets not pretend he was unaware.

When people say they don't want him here it's for good reason. It has nothing to do with race either, but nice try. This board would be in full meltdown mode if Mcnabb was coming here. The truth is Vick was not half the player some people believe he was. So if you have chosen to forgive him, it still might not make sense. If it were the same circumstances for a HOF QB like Manning or Brady, the risk might be worth the reward. The same can be said for Mcnabb if that example comforts you more.

QB ratings:

Losman-75.6

Vick-75.9

Favre-86.3

Mcnabb-86.5

Brady-93

Manning-95.3

The QB ratings aren't everything but it's a good start in comparing.

I dont understand.

supposedly, we dont know who our GM will be yet.... But somehow, the media knows who this GM who may not have even interviewed yet will select to be quarteback of this team.

You are verbalizing my fear, hombre.

I'm concerned that the front office will remain intact, and Modrak and Guy will continue their dreadful employment at OBD. Brandon will remain at GM to continue his circus sideshow of league pariah's to put butts in the seats and have nothing to do with winning football.

Vick is a gimmick.

We need a true leader, a true franchise QB. Vick is NOT that guy.

Oh knock it off.

You may be one of the baffoons that constantly shell over hundreds of dollars a year on an inferior and mediocre product, but thankfully there are many fans who are starting to wake up.

Wilson does Buffalo no favors. WNY has this inferiority complex, and "oh, how awful it would be if they left", etc.

Listen, if you want to pay for crap than be my guest. This has nothing to do with being a "fan". This has more to do with a decade of absolutely NO committment to getting back to the Super Bowl as Ralph keeps preaching.

Thurman Thomas keeps getting all excited "that now Ralph just wants to see fun football again in WNY". Waitamminit...NOW? NOW???!?!?

What has he been wanting for the past 10 freakin' years?!!?

Please, please do yourself a favor and get over your self-righteousness. Vick is a gimmick, and if we were serious players without first getting a real front office then I will leave too. I certainly won't be falling for 'Barnum & Bailey' Brandon's idea of roster filled with circus performers and be paying hundreds of dollars for NFL Sunday Ticket access because I live out of market.

I've followed this team probably longer than you've had hair on your balls, so if you believe these guys are worth it, then so be it.

One of the best ways to demand better is cease paying for inferiority. Until you and other "fans" get it, the Bills will never improve.

Good day, sir.

And Merry Christmas!

Assuming Vick is living a squeaky clean life now, it certainly would not be a bad idea to bring him in. He would be immediate help. How many season ticket holders would cancel their tickets if Vick signed here, seriously?? maybe about 50 or 100 tops? that's not much. I would not cancel my tix. Football is too much of a team game to worry about 1 guy and his past crimes. Vick ain't my (or my kids') role model. Just score some TDs and you are welcome here.

Assuming Vick is living a squeaky clean life now, it certainly would not be a bad idea to bring him in. He would be immediate help. How many season ticket holders would cancel their tickets if Vick signed here, seriously?? maybe about 50 or 100 tops? that's not much. I would not cancel my tix. Football is too much of a team game to worry about 1 guy and his past crimes. Vick ain't my (or my kids') role model. Just score some TDs and you are welcome here.

Zow.

Stop for a second, and have a seat.

Please, please...tell me how Vick would truly help what ails this franchise? Are you of the minority who believe that our front office is spectacular? Modrak has been an amazing architect of our drafts? Guy has continually brought in bargain players that turned into Pro Bowlers? Brandon has truly led and made intelligent football decisions FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE TEAM, and not as a gimmick to sell tickets?

Why would we pursue Michael Vick, when we don't have a GM?

You see, in the NFL, alot of these front office-types, when they get hired, actually like to staff the team and management with people that THEY want. If Brandon is in charge of finding his own replacement (that has been going great), why would we even bother with players or coaches if, as Thurman Thomas says, we're just going to blow it all up anyways with 'sweeping changes'?

If the Bills sign Vick, season tickets will sell faster than ever. I agree with everyone who says he's a scumbag for what he's done. It was terrible, what he's done. Do you think Ravens fans dropped their tickets after they let Ray Lewis play after murdering someone? I doubt it. And for each person saying they'll stop rooting for the Bills, there will be 10 more to take your place. Back before Vick signed with Philly, I was one of those saying I'd find another team if Buffalo signed him. But why give one person that much power? Vick isn't bigger than any team. He's one person. And if he comes to Buffalo, I'm sure as hell not going to run out and buy a number 7 jersey. But I'll still be rooting for my TEAM to win ever Sunday. Like I said, what he did was disgusting and horrible. But let's put it into perspective a little bit. He didn't rape or murder any people. I have 2 cats and a dog. Would I send my dog to stay with Vick down in Virginia? No. But I'll take him on the Bills if he can get us over the hump in a heartbeat.

Oh knock it off.

You may be one of the baffoons that constantly shell over hundreds of dollars a year on an inferior and mediocre product, but thankfully there are many fans who are starting to wake up.

Wilson does Buffalo no favors. WNY has this inferiority complex, and "oh, how awful it would be if they left", etc.

Listen, if you want to pay for crap than be my guest. This has nothing to do with being a "fan". This has more to do with a decade of absolutely NO committment to getting back to the Super Bowl as Ralph keeps preaching.

Thurman Thomas keeps getting all excited "that now Ralph just wants to see fun football again in WNY". Waitamminit...NOW? NOW???!?!?

What has he been wanting for the past 10 freakin' years?!!?

Please, please do yourself a favor and get over your self-righteousness. Vick is a gimmick, and if we were serious players without first getting a real front office then I will leave too. I certainly won't be falling for 'Barnum & Bailey' Brandon's idea of roster filled with circus performers and be paying hundreds of dollars for NFL Sunday Ticket access because I live out of market.

I've followed this team probably longer than you've had hair on your balls, so if you believe these guys are worth it, then so be it.

One of the best ways to demand better is cease paying for inferiority. Until you and other "fans" get it, the Bills will never improve.

Good day, sir.

And Merry Christmas!

I could not put it better myself.

bringing in washed up former "name" players is not a commitment to turning this mess around....it's a commitment to develop bigger and brighter cereal ideas. If you are excited to buy Lucky Vicks (now with marshmallow herpes!) go nuts.

I would also walk away if Vick became the QB answer. It is no better than what we have now, it's just more nonsense to sell jerseys.

If the Bills sign Vick, season tickets will sell faster than ever. I agree with everyone who says he's a scumbag for what he's done.
You really think little of Western NYers if you actually believe that

As far as comparing what happened with Ray Lewis and Baltimore to this....people are different in different parts of the country. Also, Ray Lewis was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice. While it may be easy to believe he committed murder, he was never proven guilty of that crime. Part of it is that we're ready to believe the worst a lot of the time. I remember when Michael Irvin and Leon Lett were accused of rape...they were convicted by public opinion for a few weeks....until the accuser came forth and admitted she'd lied. Vick was convicted of a felony, not a misdemeanor

You really think little of Western NYers if you actually believe that

As far as comparing what happened with Ray Lewis and Baltimore to this....people are different in different parts of the country. Also, Ray Lewis was convicted of a misdemeanor charge of obstruction of justice. While it may be easy to believe he committed murder, he was never proven guilty of that crime. Part of it is that we're ready to believe the worst a lot of the time. I remember when Michael Irvin and Leon Lett were accused of rape...they were convicted by public opinion for a few weeks....until the accuser came forth and admitted she'd lied. Vick was convicted of a felony, not a misdemeanor

I doubt Lewis commited murder, but he WAS THERE, & one of his boys was involved when the KILLING happened.