How dumb is Brad Childress?

Mr. WEO

Wow, guess Childress feels he's quite the offensive genius---and why shoouldn't he? Just look at his success prior to Favre arriving!

Guess he wasn't happy as Favre was changing plays during the Panthers game. He lit into Favre on the sideline---while they were ahead 7-6. He wanted to yank him---later telling some bullsh**t story about "stream of consciousness" and how her didn't want Fave to get hurt. But it's apparently not the first time Childress has threatened to punish Favre----by replacing him with Tavares Jackson (OUCH!!)---in games that the Vikes WON. All because Favre was deviating from "Chilli's" master plan.

From the Pioneer Press:

Apparently that wasn't the first time he's infuriated Childress with an audible.

On Nov. 1 at Lambeau Field, the Vikings were leading 31-26 and seemed to be taking a conservative approach. On first down, from the Minnesota 41, Favre completed a screen pass that running back Adrian Peterson turned into a 44-yard gain. The Vikings ran the ball on the next two plays, losing a yard, and faced third and 11.

A run was called, according to ESPN, but Favre audibled and completed a 16-yard touchdown pass to receiver Bernard Berrian.

Despite the 38-26 lead, Childress instructed offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell to remove Favre from the game, ESPN reported, but the quarterback returned to action and handed the ball off on four consecutive plays.

Against the Lions on Nov. 15, Favre called an audible early in the second quarter that upset Childress, who told Jackson to start warming up, according to two team members. The Vikings were clinging to a 3-0 lead until Peterson scored on a 22-yard run with just under 11 minutes remaining in the quarter.

But Favre remained in the game, which the Vikings won 27-10, and he completed 20 of 29 passes for 344 yards and one touchdown with no interceptions.

I have watched a few Vikings game this year and I think Childress is going to be the end of that team. His playcalling has been horrendus at times in my opinion.

Yup, he's terrible at times. The Vikes are arguably the most talented team in the league but have gotten hosed 2 out of the last 3 weeks. Mix that in with miracle Favre wins against the Packers, Ravens, and 49ers. This team would be gripping a little bit if they hadn't pulled off two of those.

They have the Bears this week and need to get back on track. If they struggle at all, you have to wonder if they are real contenders.

To WEO's point, yes he is a moron. You would expect this type of team distraction from an immature player but not a head coach. Way to go Brad, you just created a little chaos as your team is starting to limp into the playoffs.

Why isn't Peterson being used properly? Behind that line, that guy needs to be almost unstoppable. The Vikes have been caught up in the magic of Brett a little too much and now they have to try and get that ground game going with two games left. Favre is starting to come back down to earth as well.

Yup, he's terrible at times. The Vikes are arguably the most talented team in the league but have gotten hosed 2 out of the last 3 weeks. Mix that in with miracle Favre wins against the Packers, Ravens, and 49ers. This team would be gripping a little bit if they hadn't pulled off two of those.

They have the Bears this week and need to get back on track. If they struggle at all, you have to wonder if they are real contenders.

To WEO's point, yes he is a moron. You would expect this type of team distraction from an immature player but not a head coach. Way to go Brad, you just created a little chaos as your team is starting to limp into the playoffs.

Why isn't Peterson being used properly? Behind that line, that guy needs to be almost unstoppable. The Vikes have been caught up in the magic of Brett a little too much and now they have to try and get that ground game going with two games left. Favre is starting to come back down to earth as well.

When you're 10-1 and your HOF QB wants to audible, you say "whatever Favre wants to do, because, really, I am not known for offensive accumen".

I don't know about Peterson---the past few games I have seen, he's not running wild. And overall, I think Favre has NOT been much of a "gunslinger" this year--very mellow, actually.

the problem that childress has is that brett has embarrassed him publicly. questioning his authority and play calling. brett should keep his mouth shut and not fight his battles thru the press. now the vikes will have a divided locker room as the media vultures disect from every player who is really in charge. it will be a major distraction at the wrong time. it doesn't matter who is right or wrong......they are not acting like a "team"...it is now about brett vs his coach.

I have watched a few Vikings game this year and I think Childress is going to be the end of that team. His playcalling has been horrendus at times in my opinion.

I've never felt Childress is even in the top half of HC's in the NFL. He has arguably the most talent in the NFL, but isn't the type who makes it better. Remember, he lost to the 6th seeded Eagles last year in the first round.

I'd think that recruiting Favre meant giving up some control over his new QB. Guys like Mangini, Childress, and Haley simply don't get it. You can't bully pro athletes and act like a disciplinarian because it doesn't work in the NFL.

God forbid a Head Coach actually wanting his players to listen to him and do what he wants. Childress may be a bad coach, but that's for him and the GM to discuss. Not for him and the players to discuss.

Not a big Childress fan, but look at Favres record at the end of the season over the past 5 seasons. Look especially at his TD/INT ratios. I don't think Childress is at fault for trying to get him off the field. I don't agree that he should be limiting Favre's ability to audible, given that is his biggest asset.