Incognito

dave mcbride

Two drive killing penalties (one a cheap shot on Seau) plus the fact that he single-handedly gave up the first of the many sacks that the Bills gave up with an ultra-stiff matador move. I know it's his first game, but that Rams fan who said he's a better than average run blocker but below average pass blocker who will kill your team with dumb penalties looks like he's onto something. I hope he improves and becomes a good player. Bad habits are truly hard to break.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two drive killing penalties (one a cheap shot on Seau) plus the fact that he single-handedly gave up the first of the many sacks that the Bills gave up with an ultra-stiff matador move. I know it's his first game, but that Rams fan who said he's a better than average run blocker but below average pass blocker who will kill your team with dumb penalties looks like he's onto something. I hope he improves and becomes a good player. Bad habits are truly hard to break.

From his first game as a Bill, seems the bio on him was dead accurate.

Guest dog14787

We need lineman that can block, I watched him block multiple players on plays today.

The guys, big, mean and intimidating, give the guy a chance to get out of some bad habits, its not something that happens overnight.

I don't expect anything more from him than what he had done his whole career, but judging him on this game is ridiculous.

We need lineman that can block, I watched him block multiple players on plays today.

The guys, big, mean and intimidating, give the guy a chance to get out of some bad habits, its not something that happens overnight.

I saw him make multiple blocks during plays..He was consistently blocking his man then going downfield to find another..We need more like him..Cant wait till next yr when we have a QB to protect to see how he handles a cheap shot player like wolfork... ;)

I thought Incognito was brusing and mean and pushed guys on the DL at will.. I like the guy. Yeah, we have to live with penalties a few times a game. After watching Witner screw up on that long pass that Byrd would have had in his back poscket and got the PI call Incognito could play for me any day. If he could block and open up holes for Jackson with St Louis he will do fine with us.

"one a cheap shot on Seau"

LOL, he hit him on his shoulder how that was blokcing in the back is beyond me.

He played good for just getting here.

Even most objective observers would call that questionable call. One wonders whether refs watch Incognito even more given his record of unnecessary roughness penalties and heavy fines this year?

If we're going to pick on an O-lineman, can we pick on Kirk Chambers instead? His jello blocking today was unbearable to watch.

Incognito was a pile of refuse in St. Louis, and he's a pile of refuse in Buffalo. Same refuse, different city. Great pickup.

What are you smoking...something f.u.n.k.y in that night wind huh?? Give me a guy who cares and has attitude any day!

I respect your opinion but completely disagree with your conclusions. Thought the ticky tac call on Seau was beyond stupid. I do think there were a few plays that he missed out there (which was a heck of alot less than some others) I am willing to say he actually fared good to great for a guy playing on three days practice.

The guy is definitely a mauler in the run game -- they ran behind him almost exclusively on that first series. Why they stopped running (and stopped running up the middle) is beyond my comprehension.

I thought Incognito played fairly well, got good push on running plays and worked well on combination blocks in the passing game.

Ah, loved the old Tecmo Super Bowl..... and while I do agree Incognito showed more push in the running game than I've seen from a Bills O-Lineman is some time, his pass pro was as advertised, mediocre to poor. Far too inconsistent in PB.

Don't even get me started on today's officiating. :doh:

Believe it or not, I thought the officiating favored the Bills. I thought that the refs called off the dogs at a certain point. Corner should have been flagged for interference against Aiken if nothing else. That's a 35 yarder that the Bills got away with.

I respect your opinion but completely disagree with your conclusions. Thought the ticky tac call on Seau was beyond stupid. I do think there were a few plays that he missed out there (which was a heck of alot less than some others) I am willing to say he actually fared good to great for a guy playing on three days practice.

The guy is definitely a mauler in the run game -- they ran behind him almost exclusively on that first series. Why they stopped running (and stopped running up the middle) is beyond my comprehension.

I disagree about Seau, and I think some here are confusing his first shoulder hit (a borderline penalty buy not really) on that play with the end part of the play, when he clearly pushed Seau in the middle of the back when the ball was away from the play by a good 7-8 yards. I'm not saying he's a bad player; I'm suggesting that he's true to the type suggested by the longtime Rams fan in the earlier Incognito thread. He looked bad in pass blocking on a number of plays, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt given that it's his first game. Still, some of those plays were one-on-one, mano-y-mano plays where the playcalling doesn't really matter: the guy just has to stop or stall the guy in front of him.

He got a good push in the run game and played to the whistle. I watched him most of the game and was impressed. He had a few pancake blocks out there. Imagine if he knew the offense. The penalty on Seau was not a terrible penalty; it does show he is being watched as it was behind the play.