Next year...

basskik11

I just wanted to vent for a minute and just say out loud how I feel in light of the fact that the Bills plan to "blow it all up" after this season. I haven't posted on the boards lately this season because, well it's pretty sad when your routing for your team to lose halfway thru the season for a better draft position and really had nothing positive to say..

I really hope they roll some grenades into One Bills Drive and "blow it up" like they are saying or like what I've heard. Get rid of//or change everything from the managment to the coaches to the players to uniforms to the ball boys. I know it sounds negative, but I really think this franchise needs a serious overhaul.

It starts with a GM and a coach...and hopefully the rest will fall into place. The Bills have a really good secondary and good position players at WR and RB...but both lines need to be worked on, we need LB's, and of course a QB, because really the quarterback situation since Bledsoe's first year has been a train wreck to say the least. I really would trade/cut at least half the team and re-build as well and as fast as I could. I know it's easier said then done, but needs to happen.

And I really want them to get rid of these current uniforms. Just go back to old jersey's or throwbacks, these uni's are too weird.

I know many of you feel the same, I just wanted to say it again.

Thanks for listenin' brave Bills fans!

All this "rooting for a draft position" stuff has some merit to it, but let's not forget that free agents are part of the equation, and they want to go to teams that have a chance of winning. For every game the Bills lose, yeah, they get a better shot at some unproven college kid, but they also damage their chances of landing a good, proven FA.

All this "rooting for a draft position" stuff has some merit to it, but let's not forget that free agents are part of the equation, and they want to go to teams that have a chance of winning. For every game the Bills lose, yeah, they get a better shot at some unproven college kid, but they also damage their chances of landing a good, proven FA.

Bravo. I agree.

For all the hype out there about the draft, most rookies do not make an impact. UFA will be interesting this coming year if there's no CBA signed, meaning there will be no salary cap or floor. To me, if the team does not completely clean house in the front office, find a new HC, and begin addressing the DL and OT positions, there's nothing left to talk about.

For years the Bills have relied on hype to sell their product, which was sold as "up and coming." They've over-promised and under delivered for so long that hype won't work anymore. Now, they can't make short term moves, market those, and hope fans show.

This off-season is put up or shut-up. If they don't begin making long term decisions in the front office, nothing else matters.

The Draft ain't gonna help the Bills NEARLY as quickly as Free Agency would, far as I'm concerned. But it makes no difference. Because NEITHER the Draft OR Free Agency are gonna help us if we don't get smarter people in the FO.

There needs to be nothing more said.

Modrak and Guy must go.

It's not about the teams record, it's about the Benjamen's.

Guest dog14787
For all the hype out there about the draft, most rookies do not make an impact. UFA will be interesting this coming year if there's no CBA signed, meaning there will be no salary cap or floor. To me, if the team does not completely clean house in the front office, find a new HC, and begin addressing the DL and OT positions, there's nothing left to talk about.

For years the Bills have relied on hype to sell their product, which was sold as "up and coming." They've over-promised and under delivered for so long that hype won't work anymore. Now, they can't make short term moves, market those, and hope fans show.

This off-season is put up or shut-up. If they don't begin making long term decisions in the front office, nothing else matters.

I agree.

It sounds like "REALITY". The board pussies can't handle that. Big boys can.

Big boys know that winning football comes from having people in charge that are actually experienced in finding real football players. This idea that the Bills can compete in the NFL with non-football people running the show is what's laughable and sad all at the same time.

Today's game and this season is the culmination of 4 years Levy/Brandon and the final 2 years of TD totally sucking. For every one good decision they've made, there are 2 that stink.

Reality is 7 years in 10 with a losing record. Reality is rebuilding-AGAIN in 2010.

Seriously, I'm UP for a rebuilding IF, and only IF, they hire the right front office personnel. The promise of a better day better be rather self evident, to me, as Ralph Wilson simply cannot parade the T.O.'s of the world as the marketing answer when sooo many other issues exist. We all should adopt the Missouri state moto, " The show me state" as a tool to lure old Ralph, kicking and screaming into the 21st century! Coaching is a piece of the puzzle, and GOD knows the Bills are in need of an bonified NFL Head Coach, but the general manager is paramount in my estimation! Talent evaluation to get this new coach the neccessary players to get the job done.

One outstanding GM - Bill Polian

One very good GM - John Butler

A couple good coaches - Levy, Knox, Saban

50 years of the same owner.

It is not going to get any better until Ralph dies or sells the team. There is no point to investing any emotion in this team anymore until Ralph is gone. At that moment there probably will be a month or two long window to try and find someone to keep the team in Buffalo. Save your energy for then. That is when the city will need it.

Otherwise the team will be gone. Sure the records will stay(what other city would want the team to be called the Bills) but all that will be left with them will be memories.

What you are saying is exactly what fans were saying last year. So they signed T.O. and the sheep went back into the barn to be sheered again. It will happen again because people want desperately to have their NFL team. Ralph counts on it every year. It is abuse on a grand scale. Yet there are some who believe him when he implies major changes.

Having said that, I want to believe him, too. That makes me not too bright, and just another sheep. Oh well, 'tis the season to be merry, so to all, fleece navidad.

People might not like to hear this, but the only way I see this team being better next year is if Vick is signed. A rookie QB will be a disaster behind this O-Line. What other veteran QB will be available? Bring Dungy in and perhaps he can quickly improve the defense. It's the best that can realistically be hoped for.