What 'fanboy' or 'hater' fans were the most annoying

Cornerville

Fanboy or Hater  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What 'fanboy' or 'hater' fans annoyed you the most over this decade?

• JP Losman 'Fanboys'
    • JP Losman 'Haters'
    • Trent Edwards 'Fanboys'
    • Trent Edwards 'Haters'
    • Jason Peters 'Fanboys'
    • Jason Peters 'Haters'
    • Ones that were totally for Bledsoe
    • Ones that were totally against Bledsoe
    • Ones that completely sided with Flutie
    • Ones that were completely against Flutie
    • Other (please specify)

I voted "other," because the poll will not let me select all of the "haters." The organization has been mismanaged for more than a decade, and in my opinion, continues to decline. Moves have been typical lame attempts to placate ticket buyers, while in reality, the frugality has been more evident with each passing year. Hence, poor coaching and management hires and promotions.

That's the background for a horrible situation for players to have to deal with, practically insuring that they will not develop and play up to their potential. Then, the haters attack them verbally (and don't kid yourself, they are aware of it), and there is even less motivation for them to try hard or to have self-confidence. But it doesn't stop there. The haters ride them out of town on a rail (look up tar and feathers) and then follow their career ad infinitum, seeking any piece of evidence that they are not playing well.

Apparently, this makes the haters feel better. I don't understand their obsession and find it annoying.

agree. Ralph "fanboys" most annoying.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted "other," because the poll will not let me select all of the "haters." The organization has been mismanaged for more than a decade, and in my opinion, continues to decline. Moves have been typical lame attempts to placate ticket buyers, while in reality, the frugality has been more evident with each passing year. Hence, poor coaching and management hires and promotions.

That's the background for a horrible situation for players to have to deal with, practically insuring that they will not develop and play up to their potential. Then, the haters attack them verbally (and don't kid yourself, they are aware of it), and there is even less motivation for them to try hard or to have self-confidence. But it doesn't stop there. The haters ride them out of town on a rail (look up tar and feathers) and then follow their career ad infinitum, seeking any piece of evidence that they are not playing well.

Apparently, this makes the haters feel better. I don't understand their obsession and find it annoying.

This. :unsure: I'm with you buddy. I don't understand people's obsession, don't really care to but I do think that said people need some sort of help.

Guest dog14787

agree. Ralph "fanboys" most annoying.

This. :unsure: I'm with you buddy. I don't understand people's obsession, don't really care to but I do think that said people need some sort of help.

Add me to the haters period list.

How about just the haters period :unsure:

I agree with this for the most part. I guess its all about how you define "fanboy" vs. "hater" but people who are excessively positive, pollyanna, rose-colored, whatever are far less irritating that people who are excessively negative and douchey.

Take you, dog, for example. I find your recent posts extolling JP Losman to be a bit eye-rolling and tiresome. However, they are far better than the vitriol-filled responses which seem to pull no punches whatsoever. Denigrating him in every way is pathetic and far too common in sports. And often people who tear players down with every ounce of ammo they can think up are the same ones who act all betrayed when a player signs somewhere else.

Now a "fanboy" for one guy can naturally become a hater against someone else. To me, that is just a hater.

The Brohmans are starting to get a little annoying too. Given up on after a year in GB, signed to practice squad, GB wanted to match but never do better than our offer, never has played a down in the NFL, yet should be our starting QB after a month with the team.

I agree with this for the most part. I guess its all about how you define "fanboy" vs. "hater" but people who are excessively positive, pollyanna, rose-colored, whatever are far less irritating that people who are excessively negative and douchey.

Take you, dog, for example. I find your recent posts extolling JP Losman to be a bit eye-rolling and tiresome. However, they are far better than the vitriol-filled responses which seem to pull no punches whatsoever. Denigrating him in every way is pathetic and far too common in sports. And often people who tear players down with every ounce of ammo they can think up are the same ones who act all betrayed when a player signs somewhere else.

Now a "fanboy" for one guy can naturally become a hater against someone else. To me, that is just a hater.

Part in bold is true IF the team is doing good... but in this disasterous decade, nothing is worse than the pollyannas.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, TBD posters PDaddy, Thurman#1, jax bills backer, dog14797 or whatever his numbers are, b.harami98. In that order.

Hey, sonny boy - if you want to bash individual posters here, I suggest you send them PMs or respond to one of their posts. Not by pounding them in a collective slam post that they may or may not notice, and so have difficulty responding to... :unsure:

Edited by stuckincincy

Hey, sonny boy - if you want to bash individual posters here, I suggest you send them PMs or respond to one of their posts. Not by pounding them in a collective slam post that they or may not notice, and having difficult to respond to... :unsure:

Thanks old man. I actually meant to put you on the list but didn't think about it until after submitting it and didn't feel like going to the trouble of editing it.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, TBD posters PDaddy, Thurman#1, mnofdichotomy, jax bills backer, dog14797 or whatever his numbers are, stuckincincy, VABills, b.harami98. In that order.

Better?

I added a few more, too.

I voted for the Losman fanboys. There were a lot of people in that group who'd call you an idiot for predicting Losman would fail. I know that substance-free, personal attack-ridden arguments are common on this site, but there were a lot of Losman supporters who were bad about those things even by the low standards of TBD.

I don't want to lump all Losman supporters into that group though. Dog and Wraith are two glaringly obvious exceptions to the above description, and I'm sure there are others I've overlooked.