What 'fanboy' or 'hater' fans were the most annoying

Cornerville

Fanboy or Hater  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What 'fanboy' or 'hater' fans annoyed you the most over this decade?

• JP Losman 'Fanboys'
    • JP Losman 'Haters'
    • Trent Edwards 'Fanboys'
    • Trent Edwards 'Haters'
    • Jason Peters 'Fanboys'
    • Jason Peters 'Haters'
    • Ones that were totally for Bledsoe
    • Ones that were totally against Bledsoe
    • Ones that completely sided with Flutie
    • Ones that were completely against Flutie
    • Other (please specify)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for the Losman fanboys. There were a lot of people in that group who'd call you an idiot for predicting Losman would fail. I know that substance-free, personal attack-ridden arguments are common on this site, but there were a lot of Losman supporters who were bad about those things even by the low standards of TBD.

I don't want to lump all Losman supporters into that group though. Dog and Wraith are two glaringly obvious exceptions to the above description, and I'm sure there are others I've overlooked.

Whoa...talk about your revisionist history. The Losman supporters were calling people idiots for predicting that he'd fail???? Oh please dude. :unsure:

I was smack dab in the middle of that fight and the constant barrage of personal attacks from the Losman haters was way over the top. That's when the tit for tat personal attacks happened. The Losman supporters' (like me) only argument was that he was a project and should at least be given the full 2007 season to see if he can finally get over the hump, given how much time was invested in him. Not once did I see a Losman supporter call someone an idiot for "predicting" Losman would fail. Losman was already failing at the time of the debate. Please get it right at least.

Whoa...talk about your revisionist history. The Losman supporters were calling people idiots for predicting that he'd fail???? Oh please dude. :unsure:

I was smack dab in the middle of that fight and the constant barrage of personal attacks from the Losman haters was way over the top. That's when the tit for tat personal attacks happened. The Losman supporters' (like me) only argument was that he was a project and should at least be given the full 2007 season to see if he can finally get over the hump, given how much time was invested in him. Not once did I see a Losman supporter call someone an idiot for "predicting" Losman would fail. Losman was already failing at the time of the debate. Please get it right at least.

:lol:

Whoa...talk about your revisionist history. The Losman supporters were calling people idiots for predicting that he'd fail???? Oh please dude. :lol:

There were a number of instances in which I saw anti-Losman people say negative things about him, only to have Losman's supporters respond with fact-free personal attacks. The Losman debate began at least as early as 2005, when there was a controversy about whether he or Holcomb should be the starter. There was also a question as to whether the Bills should draft a replacement quarterback, as I suggested they do in the 2006 draft. (I was called an idiot for that, by the way.)

The year before Parcells became the GM of the Dolphins, they used an early second round pick on Beck. In Parcells' first year as GM, he used an early second round pick on Henne. So there's a case of a competent GM giving up on a quarterback taken in the late first/early second round range of the draft before really giving him much of a chance to prove himself.

Should the Bills have done to Losman what the Dolphins did to Beck? Dave Wannestadt said that he wouldn't have drafted Losman with the last pick of the seventh round. Losman fit the standard-issue profile of a bust: a guy with great physical tools who had never proven himself as a pocket passer at the college level.

I voted "other," because the poll will not let me select all of the "haters." The organization has been mismanaged for more than a decade, and in my opinion, continues to decline. Moves have been typical lame attempts to placate ticket buyers, while in reality, the frugality has been more evident with each passing year. Hence, poor coaching and management hires and promotions.

That's the background for a horrible situation for players to have to deal with, practically insuring that they will not develop and play up to their potential. Then, the haters attack them verbally (and don't kid yourself, they are aware of it), and there is even less motivation for them to try hard or to have self-confidence. But it doesn't stop there. The haters ride them out of town on a rail (look up tar and feathers) and then follow their career ad infinitum, seeking any piece of evidence that they are not playing well.

Apparently, this makes the haters feel better. I don't understand their obsession and I find it annoying.

Yeah I've posted on this before. I believe there's a lot of "people," who feel better when they criticize others. Maybe it distracts them from the image they see in the mirror. Never understood it myself but it is prevalent. Let's just hate on Poz, Ellison, Kawika (he's been getting a lot of hate lately), etc, etc, etc. Isn't it possible that these guys are dedicated professionals and they're either just not that good despite great effort, or that they've been put in a position to fail? In either case, that's management's issue. How many players truly deserve the contempt we bring upon them?

Not only is hate more prevalent than fandom, it is more approved of. I mean look at this poll!

The poll basically gives the names of five players. We are asked to choose whether those players supporters or their haters are more annoying.

In 4 of the 5 cases (Bledsoe the exception), the poll respondents found the supporters to be more annoying than the haters. In other words, people are more annoyed by those who support players than those who hate on them.

Put differently, haters have a higher approval rating than supporters.

Pretty sad state of affairs.