If Bills beat PATS & Colts, is the coach search over?

Chuckknox

It would be very hard to ignore those wins, would be a great accomplishment.

It would be a great accomplishment but the above .500 record as an interim HC and a couple of marquee wins to show for it is quite likely to be a great accomplishment by Fewell which will get acknowledged by him being a hot candidate for an HC slot with a different team UNLESS he hits off with the new GM we better hire or we are likely condemned to a continuing string of non-playoff seasons.

The Bills are unlikely to be a winner until Mr. Ralph is smart enough to hire a quality GM who builds a team to win rather than builds a team where the HC he hired will not be able to run the GM out of town (I think this was the prime problem with the TD reign of error).

If Fewell leads this team to a winning record with the marquee wins mentioned, I would be overjoyed to have him hit it off with the new GM who then would almost certainly have to hire a new OC to come in and rebuild the Bills O scheme.

If however, Fewell does not fit well with the new GM to truly allow a TEAM to be built then I wish him well in his new job.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO WAY!!!

The place smells like crap and the toilet needs flushed. Just because some pieces aren't as bad as others, they still stink and all must go. Bring in a new GM, Head Coach and let them hire all new assistans. Anyone connected to this toilet bowl full of sh-t over the past 10 years has to go...period.

NO WAY!!!

The place smells like crap and the toilet needs flushed. Just because some pieces aren't as bad as others, they still stink and all must go. Bring in a new GM, Head Coach and let them hire all new assistans. Anyone connected to this toilet bowl full of sh-t over the past 10 years has to go...period.

The reason people don't like Fewell has nothing to do with his performance as interim head coach and everything to do with the stink of Dick Jauron. If Mike Shanahan replaced Dick Jauron and went 2-2 we'd all be saying what a difference-maker he is. But because it's Perry Fewell we downplay everything he does. Perry Fewell will be a successful head coach in the NFL and we Bills fans will lament the day we let him get away. But that's the way we roll. We always look for the shiny new toy and quick fix then we wonder why we never improve.

PTR

Tell me a real, credible GM that's going to come to Buffalo when your HC is already picked out for you.

I say hire a real GM, and let him decide who to hire as HC.

Hey doofus...no one said the Bills were going to hire a coach first and then a GM. Of course any GM will hire his own coaches. Perry Fewell is simply a candidate.

PTR

Hey doofus...no one said the Bills were going to hire a coach first and then a GM. Of course any GM will hire his own coaches. Perry Fewell is simply a candidate.

PTR

Not according to the topic there tin man. That is unless the Bills bring in a real GM before we beat the PATS & Colts.

Do you guys remember when the Bills walked off the field on a 2 point conversion at the end of the game after being screwed by the refs on 2-3 bad calls? I had/ and still have never seen that ever! I dont recall what year it was, and i believe it was against the Pats* if my mind serves me correctly.

Wish i could provide a link but im at work and surfing the web is really hard to do here.

The reason people don't like Fewell has nothing to do with his performance as interim head coach and everything to do with the stink of Dick Jauron. If Mike Shanahan replaced Dick Jauron and went 2-2 we'd all be saying what a difference-maker he is. But because it's Perry Fewell we downplay everything he does. Perry Fewell will be a successful head coach in the NFL and we Bills fans will lament the day we let him get away. But that's the way we roll. We always look for the shiny new toy and quick fix then we wonder why we never improve.

PTR

You watch these last two games?

When have the Bills had a "shiny new toy? Was that DJ? Mularkey? Williams?

You need to put down the cool aid. This staff sucks. your qb goes for 89 yds! total!!!!! and the walking dead/head coach wants to stick with him. I am 40, out of shap, I could put up 89 yards today in the NFL. I knew the team would turn TE into a bad QB. every scout, player personal said this kid could play and look a what the sorry A$$ bills did to him. Start at the top and fire everyone and start over. This is not getting it done.

We have no intention to stick with our current group of QB's. They are right, you stick with the veteran. Our offensive line has ruined so many QB's already- it is the root of all our offensive problems and has been for over a decade now

PTR

Yeah and you have no clue what you're talking about. He could turn out to be a complete bust.

And would you consider Mularky, Jouron, G. Williams, Wade....shiny new toys? Or did you at the time? I particularly remember when the Bills announced Jouron as the new head coach and saying out loud: "WHAT THE F!?!? Is this a bad dream?"

even considering Fewell is a total joke...and so are you if you think he is worth considering.

You watch these last two games?

When have the Bills had a "shiny new toy? Was that DJ? Mularkey? Williams?

Exactly!! What shiny new toy/quick fixes have been brought in since Wade Phillips left? Zero. Perry Fewell just coached a team to a one-score victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. And it took us 4 turnovers PLUS our regular possessions to get 16 points. Who thinks that is successful coaching? Who thinks letting Fred Jackson return kicks is good coaching? Come on.

Do you guys remember when the Bills walked off the field on a 2 point conversion at the end of the game after being screwed by the refs on 2-3 bad calls? I had/ and still have never seen that ever! I dont recall what year it was, and i believe it was against the Pats* if my mind serves me correctly.

Wish i could provide a link but im at work and surfing the web is really hard to do here.

I think it was against the Pete Caroll-coached Pats.

Exactly!! What shiny new toy/quick fixes have been brought in since Wade Phillips left? Zero. Perry Fewell just coached a team to a one-score victory over the Kansas City Chiefs. And it took us 4 turnovers PLUS our regular possessions to get 16 points. Who thinks that is successful coaching? Who thinks letting Fred Jackson return kicks is good coaching? Come on.

Whatever. Fewell can't go out there and play, although he'd be better than the garbage we have called players over the last decade, and the garbage fans that have defended those players. Buffalo thinks Schobel and Parrish are the second coming of Bruce Smith and Andre Reed. Schobel isn't Leon Seals and Parrish isn't even Justin Armour. The offensive and defensive lines have me longing for the days of Jerry Craafts and Leif Larsen.