Losman signs with Oakland

3irty1

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was born in Buffalo and although I haven't lived their since early childhood, Its still my City. It touched my heart when I heard JP Losman was actually trying to make the City of Buffalo a better, more attractive place to be.

Athletes are also human beings and JP Losman is a class act in my book and I'll always be a fan of his so I suppose I'll be taken on the Raiders as my second team now.

Make all the believers proud and good luck JP :lol:

im not lying. i followed flutie when he went to san diego. but he was exciting. he won games. i dislike the chargers now. but i liked them for a bit AS A 2ND TEAM, ONLY BECAUSE OF FLUTIE.

all players contribute to their city. united way, charity, appearances, etc etc.

i cant follow a player thats not that good. unless he's family.

Look, Losman did embrace Buffalo but this story is so overblown. He had a cleanup once when he was a starting QB. Craig Nall got cut, then re-signed, and participated in the cleanup. When Losman wasn't the starter going into the 2008, he never had a cleanup that he preached should be an annual thing.

Losman did more than most Buffalo athletes but let's not act like he is Gandhi or something.

thats all he did?? its cool. but not for all the drama it created. i thought he would win the nobel peace prize for all he did.

by the way how come no one elevates craig nall to ghandi status (like they do jp)???

Guest dog14787
JP can't get a break.

Frye to start for Raiders.

I doubt there was ever any intentions of trying to play JP before he gets a chance to become familiar with the offense, you might see him a couple of weeks from now though, but it probably depends on how fast Losman catches on. Jim Fassel's son John works for the Raiders as Special Teams coach so maybe it will help the transition go smoother.

I doubt there was ever any intentions of trying to play JP before he gets a chance to become familiar with the offense, you might see him a couple of weeks from now though, but it probably depends on how fast Losman catches on. Jim Fassel's son John works for the Raiders as Special Teams coach so maybe it will help the transition go smoother.

So no starts next year either?

So no starts next year either?

On Mike & Mike they said Russells bonus has already been paid out & he is due $9 Million next year, if he doesn't start he will likely be cut. It looks like JP will get the chance to compete for the starters job in camp next year. I guess we will have to wait & see how it plays out.

On Mike & Mike they said Russells bonus has already been paid out & he is due $9 Million next year, if he doesn't start he will likely be cut. It looks like JP will get the chance to compete for the starters job in camp next year. I guess we will have to wait & see how it plays out.

The league has to do something about the salaries of kids who have never played a down in the NFL. What a waste of money for the Raiders and if they wanted him, they had no choice but to pay him because "that's the going rate for the first pick" :lol:

Hey if JP gets his crap together and actually does something, good for him. I don't think he will (I have been wrong many, many times before though) and I certainly can't root for a :unsure: Raider.

GO BILLS!

The league has to do something about the salaries of kids who have never played a down in the NFL. What a waste of money for the Raiders and if they wanted him, they had no choice but to pay him because "that's the going rate for the first pick" :wallbash:

Hey if JP gets his crap together and actually does something, good for him. I don't think he will (I have been wrong many, many times before though) and I certainly can't root for a :unsure: Raider.

GO BILLS!

:lol: I totally agree about a rookie cap. The players are going to have to give this to the owners in the next CBA & should be happy to do so. It is in the Vets best interest to limit the money rookies get as it will leave more in the pot for the vets. The Raiders are my favorite team in the AFC West with KC being a close 2nd. I hope JP does well because he is a good guy but I only root for two teams, the Bills & the Bucs.

Guest dog14787
:unsure: I totally agree about a rookie cap. The players are going to have to give this to the owners in the next CBA & should be happy to do so. It is in the Vets best interest to limit the money rookies get as it will leave more in the pot for the vets. The Raiders are my favorite team in the AFC West with KC being a close 2nd. I hope JP does well because he is a good guy but I only root for two teams, the Bills & the Bucs.

Myself personally, I didn't really have a second team, except well, I suppose I like the Giants a little because of Eli and they play like Giants in big games.

So if JP Losman starts next season I will take the Raiders on as my second team and root for them unless of course they are playing the Bills.

JP is only on essentially a 3 week contract...no guarantees he will still be with Raiders next year since he signed just a one year deal that expires at the end of this season...essentially making it a 3 week deal...