McShay's first mock

Tortured Soul

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/ins...%3fid%3d4730972

Anyone with insider want to let us know who the Bills are taking?

There are three games left in the regular season, which translates to hundreds of permutations as to who ends up where. I don't know if he refers to this, but those "If the season ended today" mock drafts are a waste of time.

There are three games left in the regular season, which translates to hundreds of permutations as to who ends up where. I don't know if he refers to this, but those "If the season ended today" mock drafts are a waste of time.

and you giving us a lecture about how mock drafts are a waste of time...isn't?

Dude..any time spent on a board is a waste of time...but its fun...that's why we are here...

mock drafts are FUN...lighten up.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/ins...%3fid%3d4730972

Anyone with insider want to let us know who the Bills are taking?

Pick #8:

Buffalo BillsRecord: 5-8 Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

Williams moved from the right to the left side this year, and hasn't fared as well as in previous seasons but is capable of quickly developing into an effective NFL starting right tackle. He is a tough run blocker who drives his feet once in position, and he can hold his own in pass protection when his footwork is sound.

Pick #8:

Williams moved from the right to the left side this year, and hasn't fared as well as in previous seasons but is capable of quickly developing into an effective NFL starting right tackle. He is a tough run blocker who drives his feet once in position, and he can hold his own in pass protection when his footwork is sound.

Terrible pick. He's struggle as a LT and projects best to a RT. I would light myself on fire if that is the pick.

McShay is god awful. When he had Kentucky QB Andre Woodson as his top NFL prospect at one point I gave him zero credibility. And by the way, he praised the Maybin pick. :wallbash:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Todd_McShay

Look at the dude's resume. I have a better one than that. The crazy part is that it's way more impressive than Kiper's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mel_Kiper

Fact is, these are just former internet posters who got lucky and got a great gig.

Pick #8:

Wow, a 5'8 OT. He must be built like a boulder to play OT at that height.

Terrible pick. He's struggle as a LT and projects best to a RT. I would light myself on fire if that is the pick.

We could get the trifecta:

A complete and utter bust named Williams

A complete and utter bust named Trent

To complete the circle.....a complete and utter bust named Trent Williams.

Trent Williams...that's a little different than just us taking up the poop-shoot on draft day...that's a break-off!!

Yeah, no more right tackles in the first round. (See the McKinnie/Mike Williams fiasco.)

True to a point. 1st rounders today will be 4th rounders in April and the draft order will change each week, but as a bills fan the only thing left to do is speculate about the draft, free agency, and the coaching position. What is the harm.

and you giving us a lecture about how mock drafts are a waste of time...isn't?

Dude..any time spent on a board is a waste of time...but its fun...that's why we are here...

mock drafts are FUN...lighten up.

Not trying to lecture...I'm just saying I don't think it's worth looking at unless the regular season is over.

And based on the actual pick that McShay gives, it doesn't look like many people are happy with it. I wonder if he realized the irony in that name. :wallbash:

Nah, I say we hold out for JP Flowers, LB from Coe College - classic "tweener" with a high motor.....