Fewell on Maybin

CountDorkula

A quote from a Buffalo news article:

"Them" would be Perry Fewell, the Bills' defensive coordinator and interim head coach. Fewell was blunt when asked about his rookie end. He said that Maybin will be a "dynamic" player in the league one day. But that day hasn't arrived. Fewell said the kid isn't good enough to help him win right now. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Are the first 15 picks not supposed to be instant contributors in the NFL???

here is the link:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/889166.html

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And here's a quote of Fewell from Tim Graham's blog. It's SCARY how much he sounds like Jauron. Not good.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/...2010-for-maybin

"I think he's going to be a dynamic player for us. It's very tough to play in this league, and I think he will get better, and he’ll be a top-flight pick. Maybe not at the end of this season, but he’s going to be a top-flight pick for this football team."

"Them" would be Perry Fewell, the Bills' defensive coordinator and interim head coach. Fewell was blunt when asked about his rookie end. He said that Maybin will be a "dynamic" player in the league one day. But that day hasn't arrived. Fewell said the kid isn't good enough to help him win right now. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

here is the link:

Not really. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/tracker#dt-t...y-round-input:1 Of the top 15, who is really lighting it up? Cushing is having a great rookie year and Orakpo is playing well. But LB is one of the easier position to transition too. DEs always take a lot of time and the guys ahead of Maybin are stronger and better right now.

Maybin may never live up to his draft status. But the lack of patience for a 21 year old is kinda pathetic.

one sentence in one month that sounds something like jauron would have said, when talking about a player jauron picked (small, high -motor, tries hard) and people are flipping out. we are one of the worst ran organizations in all of professional sports, we have so much more to be upset about.

And here's a quote of Fewell from Tim Graham's blog. It's SCARY how much he sounds like Jauron. Not good.

"I think he's going to be a dynamic player for us. It's very tough to play in this league, and I think he will get better, and he’ll be a top-flight pick. Maybe not at the end of this season, but he’s going to be a top-flight pick for this football team."

I, in theory, agree with you. If not we all could return to a time when things like coachspeak and playerspeak were not so controlled and manipulated.

I too, desire just a straight shot answer. For instance, supposedly Schobel was vocal following the loss to the Jags. He criticized a few things, but stopped short of truly speaking out against the front office when he realized that a couple of front office personnel were within earshot of hearing his remarks.

Why?

I think the NFL is too protective of its product at times, and the simple, emotional, and thereby REAL human reaction is muted for some politically correct mumbo-jumbo that is extremely successful at saying nothing about something.

I wish we all could speak freely.

one sentence in one month that sounds something like jauron would have said, when talking about a player jauron picked (small, high -motor, tries hard) and people are flipping out. we are one of the worst ran organizations in all of professional sports, we have so much more to be upset about.

I believe that having an inept front office that makes 1st Rd selections that cant help a 4-8 football team, with one of the worst defenses win games in a very big problem. Not to mention the fact that this F.O. will most likely still be here next year.

Jauron may have picked hime but our scouting dept GM and the entire F.O. saw this guy as a diamond in the rough...?? :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787

here is the link:

Fewell lost my vote of confidence when he made the decision to do whats best for himself and not the Buffalo Bills. The younger players should get some much needed play time as we wind down. Play time for players like Hardy, Johnson and Maybin should be at the top of the agenda in my opinion.

Perry Fewell probably lost all chance of retaining the HC position with the loss in Toronto last Thursday night against the Jets...

Brohm is the one player I would not include until the O-line shows some improvement, Fitz is the best choice for QB.

Fewell lost my vote of confidence when he made the decision to do whats best for himself and not the Buffalo Bills. The younger players should get some much needed play time as we wind down. Play time for players like Hardy, Johnson and Maybin should be at the top of the agenda in my opinion.

Perry Fewell probably lost all chance of retaining the HC position with the loss in Toronto last Thursday night against the Jets...

Brohm is the one player I would not include until the O-line shows some improvement, Fitz is the best choice for QB.

In that case he should have just declined the interim job because, using your logic, you want him to lose every game, thereby nullifying any hope of him getting a HC job with the Bills, or any other NFL team. There is no point in taking a bullet for the Bills. Whoever is the new GM or coach will decide on players like Maybin and Brohm. It's Fewell's right...it's his job...to win games NOW. I say he's a much better coach than people give him credit for.

PTR

Someone has to pay for drafting Maybin. I suspect Modrak will be fired at the end of the season. The move to pick him was a complete disaster from day one. It's one thing to not be good enough despite being physically capable. Maybin on the other hand not only is not good enough but he's built like a WR- long and lean. How the Bills scouts didn't envision him getting physically manhandled on the defensive line is beyond me. No offseason weight program is going to change his genetic make-up.

Guest dog14787
In that case he should have just declined the interim job because, using your logic, you want him to lose every game, thereby nullifying any hope of him getting a HC job with the Bills, or any other NFL team. There is no point in taking a bullet for the Bills. Whoever is the new GM or coach will decide on players like Maybin and Brohm. It's Fewell's right...it's his job...to win games NOW. I say he's a much better coach than people give him credit for.

PTR

Where did I say lose the football game.

Up until last week we still had a chance of making the playoffs. Now its time to do whats best for the team and just because you play James Hardy instead of Josh Reed, it doesn't mean you can't win a ball game in my opinion.

Up until last week we still had a chance for making the playoffs. Now its time to do whats best for the team and just because you play James Hardy instead of Josh Reed, it doesn't mean you can't win a ball game in my opinion.

Sorry. Not in my book. You play to win or go home.

PTR

I would not get too worked up about Fewell sounding like Jauron. Fewell's days are numbered also; as well as Modrak's, Guy's & any of the other cirle morons that have had their hand in this debacle for the last 10yrs. There is going to be a whole new regime in here come the first of the year.

well, Maybin wasn't supposed to be according to all the draft talkingheads. The general consensus seemed to be that Orakpo was maxed out while Maybin would need a year or two but had a higher ceiling. We'll see if that pans out.

one thing is for sure, we definitely needed an instant contributor (though we got them with the next 3 picks)

PTR

You have to remmebr who you are talking too. This is the guy that still thinks Losman is a good qb.

PTR

A couple of years ago, I posted that Fewell was their MVP - so to speak.

You are 100% right - he should field whoever in his judgment gives the best possibility of getting wins.

The NFL transactions list was pretty active, yesterday - teams putting players on IR, because the season is winding down and so giving up hope that this or that one will get healthy. Roster spots are valuable.

I have no real problem with Maybin. He was a bad pick because the Bills didn't need a project but since they drafted a project, as a fan, I have to treat him like a project. I expect something from him next year.

My problem is with the coaches. If you know the guy can't be a DE right now because he's not got the strength, let him work in occasionally from the LB spot on pass-rushing downs. Basically, use the kid where his gifts work for now, letting him line up as a down lineman only once in a while.

I reserve all judgment on Maybin until next year, when I expect him to start making more plays and progress.

:thumbsup:

Where did I say lose the football game.

Up until last week we still had a chance of making the playoffs. Now its time to do whats best for the team and just because you play James Hardy instead of Josh Reed, it doesn't mean you can't win a ball game in my opinion.

You're the assclown who wanted to bring back JP Losman too. Clearly you have an eye for talent. Are you related to Matt Millen? :thumbsup:

Guest dog14787
You have to remmebr who you are talking too. This is the guy that still thinks Losman is a good qb.

Our Organization proved otherwise right, Just like Trent F$@King Edwards right, or Ryan Fitzpatrick and the list goes on and on. :thumbsup:

If this is what you base your opinions off of, well good for you Eienstein.

I have no real problem with Maybin. He was a bad pick because the Bills didn't need a project but since they drafted a project, as a fan, I have to treat him like a project. I expect something from him next year.

My problem is with the coaches. If you know the guy can't be a DE right now because he's not got the strength, let him work in occasionally from the LB spot on pass-rushing downs. Basically, use the kid where his gifts work for now, letting him line up as a down lineman only once in a while.

I reserve all judgment on Maybin until next year, when I expect him to start making more plays and progress.

Project = 1-2 year excuse to justify picking a player that's a bust.

Guest dog14787
:thumbsup:

You're the assclown who wanted to bring back JP Losman too. Clearly you have an eye for talent. Are you related to Matt Millen? :thumbsup:

JP's better then anything we have now :flirt: