The best QB for the 2010 Bills...

Armchair GM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing #'s, good size @ 6'3" 240lbs, big arm, and plays in the weather @ CMU....Projected to be a rd. 3 pick, but I say when it comes to round two and no top 50-75 prospect in a position of need (OL, DL, LB) is there, we need to take this kid to make sure we don't miss out on what could be a 10yr QB...just sayn' :thumbsup:

LeFevour Linkage

If he's the best available player when our turn comes, sure, why not? He's definitely intriguing.

From yesterday's chat:

Emmanuel (Cheatham)

He wouldn't be the sexiest pick, but I think Dan Lefavour can be a franchise qb. Do you still see him making an impact at the next level?

Mel Kiper

(1:56 PM)

Yeah, I think he can make an impact, but I don't think he's a franchise QB. He has good size. Good arm strength. Decent mobility. He really studies the game hard. He's constantly studying the game. I think that benefits him at the pro level. Probably a 3-4 round pick.

From yesterday's chat:

Emmanuel (Cheatham)

He wouldn't be the sexiest pick, but I think Dan Lefavour can be a franchise qb. Do you still see him making an impact at the next level?

Mel Kiper

Yeah, I think he can make an impact, but I don't think he's a franchise QB. He has good size. Good arm strength. Decent mobility. He really studies the game hard. He's constantly studying the game. I think that benefits him at the pro level. Probably a 3-4 round pick.

seems like homey is contradicting himself...god size, good arm...decent mobility, studies the game hard....but not a franchise type guy??? :thumbsup:

Amazing #'s, good size @ 6'3" 240lbs, big arm, and plays in the weather @ CMU....Projected to be a rd. 3 pick, but I say when it comes to round two and no top 50-75 prospect in a position of need (OL, DL, LB) is there, we need to take this kid to make sure we don't miss out on what could be a 10yr QB...just sayn' :thumbsup:

LeFevour Linkage

The guy most probably has French-Canadian roots. Many 'Québécois' left for the US during the industrial revolution (19th century) while there were no jobs here. And many tweaked their name... His probably should be spelled Lefebvre.

But that in itself doesn't make him a good QB for the Bills. Unless he has retained the gene of being able to sustain -30 C temperatures.

I Never saw him play a down.

Marc in Montréal

The guy most probably has French-Canadian roots. Many 'Québécois' left for the US during the industrial revolution (19th century) while there were no jobs here. And many tweaked their name... His probably should be spelled Lefebvre.

But that in itself doesn't make him a good QB for the Bills. Unless he has retained the gene of being able to sustain -30 C temperatures.

I Never saw him play a down.

Marc in Montréal

If you follow UB football you know all about Lafevour. Central Michigan won 3 of the last 4 MAC titles. The best thing about Lafevour is he knows how to play in the cold. Mt. Pleasant, Michigan can be every bit as miserable as Orchard Park. Wind and snow is not going to bother this kid.

PTR

If you follow UB football you know all about Lafevour. Central Michigan won 3 of the last 4 MAC titles. The best thing about Lafevour is he knows how to play in the cold. Mt. Pleasant, Michigan can be every bit as miserable as Orchard Park. Wind and snow is not going to bother this kid.

PTR

Plus he satisfies the Big Tuna's formula for drafting a QB:

Bill Parcell's has a proven formula for drafting a QB.

These are his criteria:

1. Must be a senior.

2. Must have started for 3 years, including his senior season.

3. Must have won 23 games in college

4. Decent tangibles, like height and arm strength.

Other ones would be Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow.

Good size, Great Arm, decent Mobility, poorly coached at the NFL level =Losman

Oh, Christ, here we go again. Losman could have had Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh and Joe Gibbs coaching him, with Joe Montana as a personal tutor, AND HE STILL WOULD HAVE SUCKED.

The guy is basically Tim Tebow. Similiar size, similiar system, similiar production, similiar skill set, just plain similiar. People wanna take this kid and are super against Tebow? Tebow did it in the strongest conference in college football, Lefavour in one of the weakest. He is a good player no doubt but I dont think he will have it any easier than Tebow in transitioning to the NFL.

The Central Michigan mascot is the Chippewas however.....

Plus he satisfies the Big Tuna's formula for drafting a QB:

Bill Parcell's has a proven formula for drafting a QB.

These are his criteria:

1. Must be a senior.

2. Must have started for 3 years, including his senior season.

3. Must have won 23 games in college

4. Decent tangibles, like height and arm strength.

Other ones would be Colt McCoy, Tim Tebow.

Add Tony Pike to those who fit Tuna's criteria.

The one thing missing from Parcells' list is - won at every level he played. There are lots of college QBs that have size, arm, and smarts, but the great ones refuse to lose (Kelly, Marino, Staubach, Stabler, Elway, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady). I say the personnel rep should challenge the guy to a game of ping pong and see how he treats it. If he absolutely must win, that's your guy.

Also, we do need a cold weather QB. Sure, we don't get snow but maybe once or twice, but it gets really cold in November and the winds make it worse. Kelly was perfect and I think Marino would have been good too.

From yesterday's chat:

Emmanuel (Cheatham)

Mel Kiper

This tells me the kid will be a stud. Kiper is beyond wrong on QB prospects.

How's his arm strength? That and coming from a small school seem like the only potential knocks on him. But I'd prefer a guy from a non-powerhouse in any case. You think Tebow or McCoy is going to get the same kind of protection in the NFL that he got in college? No chance. Nor will either one have as big a talent disparity between his skill position players and the opponent's secondary.

I live 15 miles from Central Michigan University (and will be moving to Rochester NY in Jan.), so I have had a lot of exposure to LeFevour. The kid is a great athelete, but he would be a 2-3 yr project to start in the NFL. Do the Bills have 2 or 3 yrs to groom him? No not really - but it would be a well invested very late 2nd or early 3rd round pick.

I also lived in outside Louisville KY from 2002 to 2004 and had exposure to Brhom, and I think he should be given some game experience now, and see how he can handle defences of teams fighting for a playoff spot.

TE and RF are not the answer for QB, I would feel even better if they resigned JP.

The Bills have an awful lot of holes to fill in the coming season, and if new management/coaching is willing to spend 2 years building the team, then Lefevour/Brohm is a good start at QB, and possibly focus on OL. Nelson appears to be a good fit at tight end, I think Harvey and Johnson are potentially a good recieving tandem with Reed and Evans. Lynch should go for a 2nd or 3rd round pick. LB needs much more depth, the secondary and DL look fine.

from a previous thread

The guy is basically Tim Tebow. Similiar size, similiar system, similiar production, similiar skill set, just plain similiar. People wanna take this kid and are super against Tebow? Tebow did it in the strongest conference in college football, Lefavour in one of the weakest. He is a good player no doubt but I dont think he will have it any easier than Tebow in transitioning to the NFL.

The Central Michigan mascot is the Chippewas however.....

wrong. not the same skill set