Ice Often Speaks The Truth

BenchBledsoe

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and the sooner we all realize this...the happier we all will be! :)

personally, i'm in awe of the man...not necessarily because of his football wisdom, but because he has somehow managed to turn every his comment into some larger-than-life emotional issue for many who frequent this place.  if i am not on this board for (god forbid) 8-12 hrs, it never fails...when i do log on the first thing i will see is an ICE post, followed by 57 replies.  HOW DOES HE DO IT!? :o

that, my friends, is a GIFT.  ICE, i and my fellow threadkillers (you know who you are) are duly impressed. B)

124412[/snapback]

I tell you what. If someone squatted down and took a huge dump in a public building, at least 57 people who walked by would make some sort of comment abbout the turd laying there.

personally, i'm in awe of the man...not necessarily because of his football wisdom, but because he has somehow managed to turn every his comment into some larger-than-life emotional issue for many who frequent this place.   if i am not on this board for (god forbid) 8-12 hrs, it never fails...when i do log on the first thing i will see is an ICE post, followed by 57 replies.  HOW DOES HE DO IT!? :o

that, my friends, is a GIFT.  ICE, i and my fellow threadkillers (you know who you are) are duly impressed. B)

124412[/snapback]

oh brother.

yeah, he does it the same way Rush Limbaugh, Howard Stern, and other would be shock jocks do it...some gift.

he quite frequently rebutts those who disagree with him by resorting to very unbecoming, profanity ridden, abusive, name calling.

But he's not alone in this.

Leave the profanity out, and this statement could describe many posters on this board. Sometimes I read posts and wonder what kind of life they have and how they survive their marriages with such a critical, controlling attitude.

What happened to good debate, patience, and respect for other's opinions. Damn - I'm definitely getting old. :o

But he's not alone in this.

Leave the profanity out, and this statement could describe many posters on this board.  Sometimes I read posts and wonder what kind of life they have and how they survive their marriages with such a critical, controlling attitude.

What happened to good debate, patience, and respect for other's opinions.  Damn - I'm definitely getting old.  :o

124489[/snapback]

No, it's not age. I'm only 24 and I feel the same way.

I once had a great big dog when I was younger, It was a great dog, played well with others, was a very loyal companion. As the years went by, the dog watched as we had more kids and he accepted the new kids as just another face to lick, and another kid to protect and play with. But as the years went on, age started to take it's toll on my furry buddy, his hips were going, his hearing was going, he started to snap out on those that he had protected and cherished as his own. Some days his nipping and whinning was an all day jag, other times it was just barking and dropping warm "pudding" on the carpet. (anyone who has had an old dog knows the digestive tract is failing at 15 years). I tried everything with this dog, from yelling, to gently talking, to outright banishing him to the yard, nothing seemed to work. His nastiness and cantankerous behavior persisted, he continued to foul up our living space with his gastrointestinal wonders. I would lie in bed late at night hoping that somehow he would get better, or if not maybe he would wander off so that I would not have to do the inevitable. Well, the day finally came when I had discussed the next move with all members of the family, all members agreed that it was too much for us and for our loyal companion to watch him go through anymore of the pain. We made an appointment with the vet, the whole process was streamlined as the vet said " you should say your goodbyes now, you really don't need to be there when it happens", I gently removed his collar, he nuzzled into my neck, he knew the time had come. WHen I returned to the car, I could barely see through the tears, my wife who had been waiting quietly rubbed my back for support.....Perhaps ice's hips or knees are going, maybe his hearing is going, but he is fouling up the place with posts that are generally demeaning to all who disagree with his arguments, maybe it's his turn, someone get his collar

I once had a great big dog when I was younger, It was a great dog, played well with others, was a very loyal companion. As the years went by, the dog watched as we had more kids and he accepted the new kids as just another face to lick, and another kid to protect and play with. But as the years went on, age started to take it's toll on my furry buddy, his hips were going, his hearing was going, he started to snap out on those that he had protected and cherished as his own. Some days his nipping and whinning was an all day jag, other times it was just barking and dropping warm "pudding" on the carpet. (anyone who has had an old dog knows the digestive tract is failing at 15 years). I tried everything with this dog, from yelling, to gently talking, to outright banishing him to the yard, nothing seemed to work. His nastiness and cantankerous behavior persisted, he continued to foul up our living space with his gastrointestinal wonders. I would lie in bed late at night hoping that somehow he would get better, or if not maybe he would wander off so that I would not have to do the inevitable. Well, the day finally came when I had discussed the next move with all members of the family, all members agreed that it was too much for us and for our loyal companion to watch him go through anymore of the pain. We made an appointment with the vet, the whole process was streamlined as the vet said " you should say your goodbyes now, you really don't need to be there when it happens", I gently removed his collar, he nuzzled into my neck, he knew the time had come. WHen I returned to the car, I could barely see through the tears, my wife who had been waiting quietly rubbed my back for support.....Perhaps ice's hips or knees are going, maybe his hearing is going, but he is fouling up the place with posts that are generally demeaning to all who disagree with his arguments, maybe it's his turn, someone get his collar

124545[/snapback]

wow.

I don't even know how to react to that.

124545[/snapback]

ROTFLMAO! Best one yet!