Wade

Wade was indignant last week at his presser about those questioning his job results and job security. He was (for Wade) somewhat defiant and insulted.

He didn't have the good sense to understand that his problems in Dallas have been due to the repetitive December swoons.

So far they are 0-1 this December.

IMO Wade Phillips and John Fox are both history. This just seems like a forgone conclusion...

Shanahan to the Cowboys (Jones won't be outbid by Snyder)

Cowher to the Panthers

and the Bills will land...Wayne Fonts

Wade was indignant last week at his presser about those questioning his job results and job security. He was (for Wade) somewhat defiant and insulted.

He didn't have the good sense to understand that his problems in Dallas have been due to the repetitive December swoons.

So far they are 0-1 this December.

I thought it was a snotty question - what was he to answer?

He replied that they are 8-4, and we'll see what happens in the next 4 games. I'm sure he is well on top of his club's December records - and need not be reminded by some young twink who somehow got a press pass.

DAL hasn't performed well in the playoffs for several years - but they get there more than not. See BUF, and the team that plies their trade where I reside.

Bitching at Phillips makes little sense, to me.

Wade has had 3 full time Head Coaching jobs in the NFL. Compare his results to our last 3 Head Coaches (Jauron, Mularkey, Gregggggo)

1993 Denver Broncos 9-7

1994 Denver Broncos 7-9

1998 Buffalo Bills 10-6

1999 Buffalo Bills 11-5

2000 Buffalo Bills 8-8

2007 Dallas Cowboys 13-3

2008 Dallas Cowboys 9-7

2009 Dallas Cowboys 8-4

Wade has had 3 full time Head Coaching jobs in the NFL. Compare his results to our last 3 Head Coaches (Jauron, Mularkey, Gregggggo)

1993 Denver Broncos 9-7

1994 Denver Broncos 7-9

1998 Buffalo Bills 10-6

1999 Buffalo Bills 11-5

2000 Buffalo Bills 8-8

2007 Dallas Cowboys 13-3

2008 Dallas Cowboys 9-7

2009 Dallas Cowboys 8-4

........Look at those rosters.

The record is impressive in its way, but it continues to beg the question: Why is it that this guy is incapable of keeping the confidence of his owner long enough to keep a job? Three different owners, in different markets, decided (or in JJ's case, are deciding) that he is not worth keeping longer than three years. Why do you suppose that is so? Is it is manner? That he does not inspire confidence that he knows how to handle adversity? I am genuinely puzzled.

1993 Denver Broncos 9-7

1994 Denver Broncos 7-9

1998 Buffalo Bills 10-6

1999 Buffalo Bills 11-5

2000 Buffalo Bills 8-8

2007 Dallas Cowboys 13-3

2008 Dallas Cowboys 9-7

2009 Dallas Cowboys 8-4

I thought it was a snotty question - what was he to answer?

He replied that they are 8-4, and we'll see what happens in the next 4 games. I'm sure he is well on top of his club's December records - and need not be reminded by some young twink who somehow got a press pass.

DAL hasn't performed well in the playoffs for several years - but they get there more than not. See BUF, and the team that plies their trade where I reside.

Bitching at Phillips makes little sense, to me.

What he said.

1993 Denver Broncos 9-7

1994 Denver Broncos 7-9

1998 Buffalo Bills 10-6

1999 Buffalo Bills 11-5

2000 Buffalo Bills 8-8

2007 Dallas Cowboys 13-3

2008 Dallas Cowboys 9-7

2009 Dallas Cowboys 8-4

Well said.

1993 Denver Broncos 9-7

1994 Denver Broncos 7-9

1998 Buffalo Bills 10-6

1999 Buffalo Bills 11-5

2000 Buffalo Bills 8-8

2007 Dallas Cowboys 13-3

2008 Dallas Cowboys 9-7

2009 Dallas Cowboys 8-4

Alright. Here is what those numbers are worth, to me.

In Denver he worked for an owner with a clear commitment to winning. Look at what the guys before him and after him did. Both Reeves and Shanahan outperformed Wade.

In Buffalo, he inherited a team with a very strong front office. The Bills were aggressive in going after top talent and spent lots of money on players, to the point that when he and then Butler left, the Bills were in very bad cap shape. He coached a very talented squad.

In Dallas again he again has worked for an owner with a commitment to winning and spending to win. In his time there, Wade has coached very talented football teams.

Wade has had the good fortune of landing head coaching jobs in three very good situations.

In spite of this, Wade's record in the playoffs is 0-4. His record in Dallas in December is 3-6.

Alright. Here is what those numbers are worth, to me.

In Denver he worked for an owner with a clear commitment to winning. Look at what the guys before him and after him did. Both Reeves and Shanahan outperformed Wade.

In Buffalo, he inherited a team with a very strong front office. The Bills were aggressive in going after top talent and spent lots of money on players, to the point that when he and then Butler left, the Bills were in very bad cap shape. He coached a very talented squad.

In Dallas again he again has worked for an owner with a commitment to winning and spending to win. In his time there, Wade has coached very talented football teams.

Wade has had the good fortune of landing head coaching jobs in three very good situations.

In spite of this, Wade's record in the playoffs is 0-4. His record in Dallas in December is 3-6.

I would take him over any coach we have had since he got "fired."