8-8 will win AFC east ?

Chuckknox

would of been a good year to play reasonable football and make the playoffs

We've been singing that song for most of the past 10 years. Every year, there are 3-4 games that this team loses that people are certain could have been won. The reality is that the Bills aren't good and they typically sneak out with as many or more they shouldn't have won as ones they could have but didn't.

The reality is that the Bills aren't good and they typically sneak out with as many or more they shouldn't have won as ones they could have but didn't.

Thank you. The idea that the Jets & Panthers didn't give away games as much or more than any games we've given away is, well pretty typical of fans, but also very wrong.

Shoulda woulda coulda I know, buy if the Bills hold on and beat the Patsies in week 1 AND somehow win that Clowns game, the division would be knotted up with all 4 teams at 6-6! That would have been fun ...

Yeah, except the Bills would still be the same sorry a$$ team. They are nowhere, regardless of their record. They would be a doormat against a good team.

We've been singing that song for most of the past 10 years. Every year, there are 3-4 games that this team loses that people are certain could have been won. The reality is that the Bills aren't good and they typically sneak out with as many or more they shouldn't have won as ones they could have but didn't.

usually the division is far out of reach and we are just talking about wildcard positioning. also 8 games is not going to win the division as the thread states

but you're right, we're not good enough at QB and too beat up on defense and the offensive line to hope to win 9 games - and often we sneak out wins just as much as we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

would of been a good year to play reasonable football and make the playoffs

I have a problem with what everyone has been saying #1 on our wish list should be a competent strength and conditioning coach if the team we fielded at the beginning of the season was still in tact we would be sitting on top of the division. Dick was not a great coach and maybe if we replaced him earlier we may still be in it. But even he could have won without all the injuries. Everyone seems to be knocking our D-line but you apparently didn't watch the same game I did they didn't play perfect but the did a great job most of the damage done was on field goals when the Jets had a short field to work with and once again they spent an awful lot of time on the field. The D-line is fine we need a conditioning coach we need to move Poz to the outside and bring in a rabid beast on the inside and we should be fine. And another problem we have is an owner that thinks he is a GM. The same owner that fired Polian, Butler, and Wade Philips and was probably the reason Mularky and Levy left and how is it Danahoe built a successful team in Pittsburgh but couldn't do it here. Ralph Wilson thinks he's a Steinbrenner.

It actually just illustrates how helpless this franchise has been for a decade. Every year good teams give games away and open the door for someone else. Every year circumstances are such that a good team can make the playoffs. We've been so inept that even when bad things happen to our enemies, we stay stuck in neutral.

- When a division rival loses their franchise QB for the year in Week 1, a good team turns on the gas and wins the division.

- When a perennial division leader has a down year and the other two division rivals are fielding weak teams with average-at-best QBs, a good team goes 6-0 and wins the division

- When all that stands between you and the playoffs is a home game against a team with nothing to gain playing their backups, a good team crushes and gets ready for the wild card.

We are handed opportunities like candy each year and there is simply nothing we can and ever do about it. A systemic change is required to break the cycle.

It's the same every year - but this year we would have been closer. I can't help thinking that if Jauron was fired earlier, say after the Browns debacle and Fewell coached the rest of the way, it would have been more realistic.

As it is that and the injuries to the OL have made us toast. That being said I wonder what would happen if we beat the Patriots at home.

Would Fewell stay and maybe he brings Martz in to coach the O?

C

We were also given 3 wins.

Exactly ... for every game we "should have won" but lost, we "should have lost" but won. We're a (6-10) team, and that's what we'll be at season's end. And (9-7) probably wins the division.

Hey- I will be happy for this season if we muster up the same strength that was showed in the road opener when we beat the p!$$ out of the Pats, and win this next one when they come to Buffalo.

NE will not be coasting at the end of the season. Their loss to Miami puts them in a 3-way fight the rest of the way. Of course, NE never coasts anyway. And if they are beating you, they pile on the points as much as they can. It's one of the things I dislike about Bellychick. Actually, there are a lot of things I dislike about him.

It's the same every year - but this year we would have been closer. I can't help thinking that if Jauron was fired earlier, say after the Browns2008 debacle and Fewell coached the rest of the way, it would have been more realistic.

Fixed. The Bills fate was sealed for 2009 the moment they announced Jauron was coming back.

could you imagine this team in the playoffs? it would have been embarassing more than anything.

Ah, if this team did hang on and win against the Patsies* in week 1 and the Clowns in the 6-3 embarrassment and maybe one more, we would be a better team and it would not be embarrassing. We probably would have got some mojo and confidence working that would make us even better.

Come on, think about it. I know it's hard for some people to pass up an opportunity to be negative, but you're just making yourself look foolish.

Go BILLS !!