Some things obvious from last night.

DarthICE

TO is NOT a top WR anymore. I think most of us figured that out, but there is no doubt now. Do NOT re-sign him this offseason, we already have a top #2 on the roster in Evans.

Fewell is NOT the answer at HC. Maybe they played somewhat inspired football last week at home against Miami, but that was just plain awful effort last night.

It is more than obvious this is going to be a huge rebuilding project...again. We have no QB, the OL is horrid, the DL isn't that great, the only thing that may be worth a damn right now is the secondary.

We better hope Ralph can find a top notch GM to bring in that can find a really good HC and coordinators for us.

I disagree about the "awful effort last night". Except for TO not wanting to work for a ball not right in his hands, I thought the Bills played up to their ability. Not over it like against Miami, but at their ability level. Just because as a group they are not very talented doesn't mean the effort was not there (except TO).

Sounds like a script for your typical WGR call-in rant. You may be right, but I don't know why "last night" settled these issues for you (or anyone). Owens was covered by the best CB in football. And Fewell has nothing to work with - both lines were getting blown off of the ball all night, and it's really hard to win games if that happens, nomatter who is coaching.

I think the Bills have been playing hard for Fewell. I would't really question their effort last night (except, possibly T.O.), but the only thing that the game last night really made clear was that this team is just not that good. I think they played with far less desire under Jauron. Under Fewell, IMO, they have looked far more like an NFL football team with a lot of problems...rather than the disaster that Jauron put on the field every week.

I like their effort the last few weeks. As much as I hate their defensive scheme (and it sucks, to me the biggest concern about PF as a HC, how tied to that scheme is he?), but the defense has been hitting.

I think the Bills have been playing hard for Fewell. I would't really question their effort last night (except, possibly T.O.), but the only thing that the game last night really made clear was that this team is just not that good. I think they played with far less desire under Jauron. Under Fewell, IMO, they have looked far more like an NFL football team with a lot of problems...rather than the disaster that Jauron put on the field every week.

I like their effort the last few weeks. As much as I hate their defensive scheme (and it sucks, to me the biggest concern about PF as a HC, how tied to that scheme is he?), but the defense has been hitting.

Agreed. No ifs, ands, or buts, this loser scheme has got to go. :sick:

I don't think there is much doubt though that playing these games in Toronto is a distinct disadvantage to the Bills... that's one thing everyone pretty much seems to agree on. And just like the Felons game, it is only one game. To play devil's advocate, IF the Bills went on to win out over the next 4 games, I can see Fewell still getting serious consideration for the gig next year.

Agreed. No ifs, ands, or buts, this loser scheme has got to go. :sick:

I don't think there is much doubt though that playing these games in Toronto is a distinct disadvantage to the Bills... that's one thing everyone pretty much seems to agree on. And just like the Felons game, it is only one game. To play devil's advocate, IF the Bills went on to win out over the next 4 games, I can see Fewell still getting serious consideration for the gig next year.

For years now we have tried the Defensive minded HC's and they have sucked. Ralph said something about getting an offensive minded guy in here, I hope that happens. Hire a 3-4 DC and lets rebuild the DL to be a 3-4 line and we will be on the right track.

For years now we have tried the Defensive minded HC's and they have sucked. Ralph said something about getting an offensive minded guy in here, I hope that happens. Hire a 3-4 DC and lets rebuild the DL to be a 3-4 line and we will be on the right track.

It is kind of any "every other" kind of thing...except for Phillips/Williams. When you have a HC that is defensive minded, you fire him, and go offensive:

Lou Saban (defense)

Jim Ringo (offense)

Chuck Knox (defense)

Kay Stephenson (offense)

Hank Bullough (defense)

Marv Levy (not sure, but I would say offense, becuase he was progressive enough to allow his OC a wide open offense)

Wade Phillips (defense)

Gregg Williams (defense)

Mike Mularkey (offense)

Dick Jauron (defense)

Perry Fewell (defense)

Looking at this "murders row" of coaches, I would say we have done better with the Defensive oriented coaches (Saban, Knox, Phillips) as opposed to the offensive guys. Marv was by far the most successful of our HC's (you knew that), but other offensive HC's have been pretty unsuccessful... maybe in Buffalo a good defense, and a "three yards and a cloud of dust" is still the best way to go?

Owens was covered by the best CB in football.

Impossible!! We were promised that all teams would always be forced to double cover TO. This would free up Evans for a career year. TO would improve our DBs merely by trying to cover him in practice. Our young WR corps-in -waiting would be studying at the knee of TO--absorbing all of his work ethic and receiving skills.

No---ain't no one man can cover TO.

Revis is arguably the 2nd best CB in the NFL, behind Asomugha from the Raiders. The list they showed last night of top WR's he's faced this year and what he's done against them was impressive. Still, TO had him beaten a few times, but Fitz couldn't get him the ball.

The 3-4 is only a wise choice when most of the other teams in the NFL aren't using it; it allows you to draft high-quality players that are either too big or too small for their positions in a 4-3. There are a lot of NFL teams using the 3-4 now so, as long as most college teams are using the 4-3, the Bills are better off sticking with the 4-3.

I think the main problem with the Bills D is not their alignment but rather their scheme; the Tampa 2 is a gimmick defense that most offensive schemes have adjusted to. Last I checked, the Colts defense wasn't responsible for winning their games.

TO is NOT a top WR anymore. I think most of us figured that out, but there is no doubt now. Do NOT re-sign him this offseason, we already have a top #2 on the roster in Evans.

Fewell is NOT the answer at HC. Maybe they played somewhat inspired football last week at home against Miami, but that was just plain awful effort last night.

It is more than obvious this is going to be a huge rebuilding project...again. We have no QB, the OL is horrid, the DL isn't that great, the only thing that may be worth a damn right now is the secondary.

We better hope Ralph can find a top notch GM to bring in that can find a really good HC and coordinators for us.

I'll add a couple.

The front seven on defense are horrific. Stroud is just cashing a fat paycheck and going through the motions. Th LB corp is really weak and pathetic.

The offensive line is really sad and untalented.

The QB position is bad. Marshawn Lynch is really slow!

Enough said.

Cut Kelsay and Denney, Ellison, Roscoe, demmand Schobel takes a 60% paycut or cut him too. Let TO Walk.

Sign some real players with the extra $$$$

Kelsay will make a good backup, but they need a stud to play in front of him. Denney is retiring after this season, so that will free up some cash as well.

I'd prefer the organization concentrate on getting a coach who can actually coach, instead of worrying about what their stated specialty is. That all starts with putting a competent football person at the top of the organization, which hasn't exactly been Mr. Wilson's strong point.