A Few Thoughts About The Game

1) I am crazy about Fred Jackson but once again, he is too slow to return kickoffs. It makes no freaking sense.

2) After the 2nd quarter running exhibition by Lynch, it was interesting to see just how supportive his teammates were. If he doesn't turn out to be a top quality running back in this league he has only himself to blame. He has all the talent he needs imo.

3) GREAT coverage by Whitner vs. Cotchery with 6 min. and change left in the 2nd quarter. He saved the team points and I appreciate this. Too bad he turned back into the Donte we all know in the second half.

4) Is there really anybody left who thinks that our biggest problem isn' the offensive line? If so, please stand up and be heard!

5) Demetrius Bell will never be an adequate player. I know he didn't play tonight but I am posting this to annoy that guy who told the moderators that I am on a crusade against him. My daughters even asked me what was up with that lol.

6) GREAT sack by Poz in the 4th quarter. The kid is fast. Imagine what he could do in a real defense!?

7) Just before the deuce at halftime, Maybin made a sick inside move. Sanchez got a short pass off in what looked like 2 seconds. He would have crushed Sanchez if this was a longer patterrn. Just a ray of hope; that's all I'm saying. No promises.

8) I apprecate the fact that Whitner was praying after the game and I sincerely mean this. The kid has had off field problems as we all know, and he needs to calm himself down. Yeah, this was nice to see.

9) Kendall Simmons appears to be strong and is trying hard, but the man can barely move. :devil:

10) It was great that the fumble was overturned in the 2nd qtr.after the challenge. Fine thanks. What sucked was watching Fitz get mauled behind our putrid, embarrassing offensive line. He won't last the rest of the season, and he is a tough little bastard.

11) Getting a sack against Alan Faneca isn't an east thing to do. Kudos to Kyle Williams for getting 2, one with blood gushing out of his arm. Color me impressed.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1) I am crazy about Fred Jackson but once again, he is too slow to return kickoffs. It makes no freaking sense.

2) After the 2nd quarter running exhibition by Lynch, it was interesting to see just how supportive his teammates were. If he doesn't turn out to be a top quality running back in this league he has only himself to blame. He has all the talent he needs imo.

3) GREAT coverage by Whitner vs. Cotchery with 6 min. and change left in the 2nd quarter. He saved the team points and I appreciate this. Too bad he turned back into the Donte we all know in the second half.

4) Is there really anybody left who thinks that our biggest problem isn' the offensive line? If so, please stand up and be heard!

5) Demetrius Bell will never be an adequate player. I know he didn't play tonight but I am posting this to annoy that guy who told the moderators that I am on a crusade against him. My daughters even asked me what was up with that lol.

6) GREAT sack by Poz in the 4th quarter. The kid is fast. Imagine what he could do in a real defense!?

7) Just before the deuce at halftime, Maybin made a sick inside move. Sanchez got a short pass off in what looked like 2 seconds. He would have crushed Sanchez if this was a longer patterrn. Just a ray of hope; that's all I'm saying. No promises.

8) I apprecate the fact that Whitner was praying after the game and I sincerely mean this. The kid has had off field problems as we all know, and he needs to calm himself down. Yeah, this was nice to see.

9) Kendall Simmons appears to be strong and is trying hard, but the man can barely move. :)

10) It was great that the fumble was overturned in the 2nd qtr.after the challenge. Fine thanks. What sucked was watching Fitz get mauled behind our putrid, embarrassing offensive line. He won't last the rest of the season, and he is a tough little bastard.

11) Getting a sack against Alan Faneca isn't an east thing to do. Kudos to Kyle Williams for getting 2, one with blood gushing out of his arm. Color me impressed.

12) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He got into a drunken fight outside of a bar....(point # 8)

Never happened to anyone else I know... :devil:

I agree will most of your other points...Good analysis. I must have missed that Maybin move, wish I had seen it because I have never seen him make a move inside.

Crazy about a RB who averaged less than 2.5 yds per carry tonight? Not me. Jackson has shown some flashes, but not enough consistency to make me think he is much better than Lynch.

Adrian Peterson has games where he averages <3 yds carry. Freddy is by far our most consistent offensive player; he runs, catches, blocks, and doesn't turn the ball over.

Maybin has me shaking my head in disgust with each new game he plays. He takes horrible angles on the ball carrier and should have easily had a big tackle for loss in this game instead he let the guy fly right past him because of the angle he took. Color me unimpressed by 58.

I believe we should use all 7 picks on Offensive Line, plus add the top 3 free agent Lineman. This team's line is horrible. I have been a big Hangartner supporter -- but it is painfully obvious that he isn't cut out for that position either. Maybe guard??? probably nothing more than a decent backup. Meredith was absolutely horrible in this game -- he is not going to be the future diamond in the rough many hoped for.

I was astounded by the POZ sack -- did not think he had that type of speed in him.

Bryan Scott is a decent football player -- I do not think he should be a starting LB, but I would rather keep him than get rid of him at safety.

Dump Parrish now -- this guy is worthless. I'd trade him for a Big Mac at this point. It is obvious he is not a very smart player -- evidence by the fact he doesn't know if he should fair catch or not. Bad things happen or nearly happen when he returns kicks.

Lynch doesn't suck -- which is to say he's in the top 1/3 of our team -- but I would just as soon trade him for a capable lineman than keep him -- Fred Jackson runs with more heart with more consistency than the 1-2 runs per game that Lynch might get you.

I was astounded by the POZ sack -- did not think he had that type of speed in him.

This really jumped out at me, I've never seen the guy move that fast! Sometimes I think he doesn't have the speed to play the middle in a 4-3, but that sprint was impressive. I don't know where he's been hiding that foot speed on those sweeps to the edge.

i agree with most of you thoughts... still can't believe i went to bed at 5 15AM for... that!

but i think you can simplify:

* If anybody ever tell you that football games are not won by the O and D lines show him a tape of that game.

as long as your D line gives up 5 yards for each run and your o line can not give 2 "é'{'é'é#~"'ing seconds to your QB you have NO chance to win a football game.

My big question is "where was Lynch the rest of the game after several great plays in a row in the TD drive"? Unbelievable that they didn't use him more after that. I thought he might have been hurt, but then I saw him in there again at the end of the game. I'll say it again, unbillievable......

QUATERBACK!!! THE BILLS DON'T HAVE A GOD@*#M QUARTERBACK!

Peyton Manning wouldn't last long behind this OLine. Fitzgerald isn't a great QB by any measure but this line is terrible and it was very obvious by the few overheads we got that the Jets were more than ready in coverage to handle what the BILLS were doing.

Maybin has me shaking my head in disgust with each new game he plays. He takes horrible angles on the ball carrier and should have easily had a big tackle for loss in this game instead he let the guy fly right past him because of the angle he took. Color me unimpressed by 58.

runs with more heart with more consistency than the 1-2 runs per game that Lynch might get you.

maybin actually continued to show improvement. he looks undersized, kind of like a basketball player snuck onto the field, but if he continues to improve and can add 20 lbs while maintaining his speed, he could be a fine player.

This really jumped out at me, I've never seen the guy move that fast! Sometimes I think he doesn't have the speed to play the middle in a 4-3, but that sprint was impressive. I don't know where he's been hiding that foot speed on those sweeps to the edge.

Poz, out of State was clocked at like a 4.63 40 yard time, fast for any LB, never mind middle LB

RE: Crusades. That other guy was an an anti-anti-Bell crusade and should be banned.

RE: Maybin. Tonight was the first game he showed up for. He's always been a project so just let me see more progress in the project this yer and I'll be happy.

RE: O-Liine. Almost a whatever. They were so bad that I don't know what to say. The direct snap to Jackson was almost a funny play as the entire Jets line arrived at Freddy about half a second after the ball got to him.

RE: TO. Have a nice end-of-career elsewhere. Inconsistent effort. The last INT was a lousy throw but TO did nothing to help Fitz out there. He's got to do more, especially on the game winning drive.

RE: Evans. He actually came to play last night. Besides a good block on the TD, I saw him block well on a few other plays. Also worked hard to get open.

RE: Coaching. Fewell is only the answer to the Bills if the top guys aren't available. He's OK. The team tries hard for him. I didn't think he got outcoached today. More like out-talented.

Peyton Manning wouldn't last long behind this OLine. Fitzgerald isn't a great QB by any measure but this line is terrible and it was very obvious by the few overheads we got that the Jets were more than ready in coverage to handle what the BILLS were doing.

that said, I think if Fitz was behind the Indy line we may be wowed by him.

RE: Maybin. Tonight was the first game he showed up for. He's always been a project so just let me see more progress in the project this yer and I'll be happy.

RE: O-Liine. Almost a whatever. They were so bad that I don't know what to say. The direct snap to Jackson was almost a funny play as the entire Jets line arrived at Freddy about half a second after the ball got to him.

RE: TO. Have a nice end-of-career elsewhere. Inconsistent effort. The last INT was a lousy throw but TO did nothing to help Fitz out there. He's got to do more, especially on the game winning drive.

RE: Evans. He actually came to play last night. Besides a good block on the TD, I saw him block well on a few other plays. Also worked hard to get open.

RE: Coaching. Fewell is only the answer to the Bills if the top guys aren't available. He's OK. The team tries hard for him. I didn't think he got outcoached today. More like out-talented.

Dont think he got out talented by his own talent but the talent on the team.

Agree with you with TO.

Would also like to see Brahm get a look. He may have a future here.

The little I watched of the game, go Sabres! Maybin is fast but could use 40lbs... Jeez, he looks like a safety.

The center of the D line looked pathetic and the o-line needs another year of playing together. They had moments and then missed assignments. Not totally in sinc yet.

Agree on TO, looked like he pulled a Diva moment after Reevis blanketed him...

Ah, we need a better GM... what is with these DB who can't cover but the Bills spend all these draft picks on???

Also, what a lame crowd in Toronto... that was pathetic. They don't deserve another game up there.

On my way home from my work christmas party last night I was listening to the game on the radio & a commercial break came but they did not go to commercial & you could hear murph & kelso talking to each other. They must of thought they were off air, Some interesting stuff, murph was laying into Lil Donte, saying the guy never makes a play & that pretty much he sucks in a nice sorta way. Then murph tells kelso what does he think of the crowd rtonight. Kelso said & i quote "this crowd sucks, it is dome & they still can not make any noise, what a joke, the game should be played in Orchard Park". They then went back to the game. Nothing earth shattering just thought it was interesting.