T.O. is running this team

It's finally nice to see T.O. and the Bills playing better again, but it's very obvious that T.O. was purposely playing like crap to either get Edwards out or both Edwards & Jauron out. Look at his stats in the first 9 games: 366 yards, 1 TD (rec) 1 TD (rush) and led the league in dropped balls. Now look at the last 2 games: 293 yards and 2 TD's, did he even drop a ball in those 2 games? (not sure, but I'd say no). In Edwards' last game, the last 2 passes Edwards threw to T.O., he ran half-azzed and barely made an attempt to catch the ball. So if T.O. doesn't get his way and the people he wants in there, he's not gonna give 100%, more like 40-50% at best.

Conspiracy theory or truth? Your thoughts...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's finally nice to see T.O. and the Bills playing better again, but it's very obvious that T.O. was purposely playing like crap to either get Edwards out or both Edwards & Jauron out. Look at his stats in the first 9 games: 366 yards, 1 TD (rec) 1 TD (rush) and led the league in dropped balls. Now look at the last 2 games: 293 yards and 2 TD's, did he even drop a ball in those 2 games? (not sure, but I'd say no). In Edwards' last game, the last 2 passes Edwards threw to T.O., he ran half-azzed and barely made an attempt to catch the ball. So if T.O. doesn't get his way and the people he wants in there, he's not gonna give 100%, more like 40-50% at best.

And Santa Claus is controlling Easter.

Did you ever notice how Easter is the only holiday to always fall on the weekend? And it is the only other holiday where the children get "presents"?

By making sure Easter always falls on the weekend, Santa makes sure people do not get any 'extra' days off for the holiday. Compare that to Xmas. If Xmas falls on a Sunday, don't you automatically get Monday off in it's place?

Santa needs every angle to make sure Christmas has a higher appeal. Think about it. Which is nicer? A fuzzy, cute little rabbit that leaves eggs and candy for everybody, or a perverted old guy that breaks into your house, steals your milk and cookies, and only leaves presents for the 'good' and/or 'special' kids?

Total conspiracy theory...sorry dude.

TO's numbers went up because 1)Fitz threw the ball to him and 2)Fitz throws the ball (crazy idea coming) forward.

I think what all this shows is that TO's heart was not in the game with Edwards/Jauron and now he is more gung-ho because he sees possibilities with Fitz/Fewell. To think of him purposely dropping balls is an impossible idea. First of all it would hurt him big time for his next contract and second it hurts his rep with all his teammates, friends around the league, and fans that root for him personally. Third, there was no guarantee that DJ would have gotten fired and even TE benched for long. Another whole way of looking at this season (which TO was certainly aware of) was that it made no real sense to fire DJ in mid-season, just wait until the end of the year. Also, that TE should be given this whole year to see if he has it or not, since Fitz clearly (at least it was thought) would never be seriously considered as a long term number one.

So TO must be feeling pretty great that things did work out both for DJ and TE being put out of the picture and maybe his situation had some motivating effect on the whole thing.

Did you ever notice how Easter is the only holiday to always fall on the weekend? And it is the only other holiday where the children get "presents"?

By making sure Easter always falls on the weekend, Santa makes sure people do not get any 'extra' days off for the holiday. Compare that to Xmas. If Xmas falls on a Sunday, don't you automatically get Monday off in it's place?

Santa needs every angle to make sure Christmas has a higher appeal. Think about it. Which is nicer? A fuzzy, cute little rabbit that leaves eggs and candy for everybody, or a perverted old guy that breaks into your house, steals your milk and cookies, and only leaves presents for the 'good' and/or 'special' kids?

Now that you mention it , it makes sense. Damn Santa.

I hope your wrong!

Couple of reasons this is conspiracy...one, T.O. is playing for his career this year...he is on a one year deal and wants a good del next year and knows his options will be limited and highly dependent on how he behaves and what he does on the field. Two, Fitz is actually throwing him the ball where as Trent rarely did which is a big factor in the boost to his stats. I dont doubt that he was probably highly frustrated by DJ's offense, especially with Trent at the helm, which probably contributed to his dropped passes and on field frustration.

I dont think any of it was his grand plan to get DJ fired and Trent benched though...

To those that say Edwards was not throwing T.O. the ball, that's a bunch of bull. The majority of passes that Edwards threw to his WR's were to T.O. IMO, Jauron severly hindered Edwards' progression this year. In training camp, we heard on multiple occasions that Edwards & T.O. hooked up for 60 yard plays and other long passes, but 10 days before the start of the season, Schonert gets fired and stated "Jauron said there were too many plays and wanted a pop-warner offense." It's obvious that Fitz does a much better job at reading defenses and changing the plays at the line of scrimmage, but for T.O. to almost double his numbers in 2 games compared to his first 9, you've got to wonder if he was barely giving an effort. T.O. said that Edwards was either underthrowing or overthrowing him, yes on some plays Edwards did, but the others, T.O. had them in his hands and dropped them. Plus, a lot of the blame should be placed on T.O. on why him & Edwards never got into a rythym, T.O. missed 99% of the pre-season because he hurt his foot by wearing the wrong sneakers...coincedence or did he purposely say that to miss the pre-season (kind of like Bruce Smith getting his knee scoped before the start of training camp to avoid the pre-season).

Trent Edwards did throw to T.O. T.O. dropped a lot (some he should have caught) but even if he caught them they were short passes. Trent Edwards was over-rated by many of you on this website. And don't blame all his problems on his concussions or Juaron (bad coaching). Even before his concussion last year, when the weather got cold the year before he stunk. You play in the northeast, you better learn to play in some cold weather. Fitzpatrick may not be great but he doesn't look like a deer in headlights.

You forgot Columbus Day.

Did Uncle Freddie die?? The Jerky Boys never said what happen to him?

Is a man standing on a toilet high on pot?

Trent Edwards did throw to T.O. T.O. dropped a lot (some he should have caught) but even if he caught them they were short passes. Trent Edwards was over-rated by many of you on this website. And don't blame all his problems on his concussions or Juaron (bad coaching). Even before his concussion last year, when the weather got cold the year before he stunk. You play in the northeast, you better learn to play in some cold weather. Fitzpatrick may not be great but he doesn't look like a deer in headlights.

I do agree with you & Jim Kelly, no more California QB's.

just a coinsidence. why would anyone play bad to get a coach and a qb fired? thats just making your own stock crap. ESPECIALLY since he has a 1yr contract. he could care less who is at the helm once he leaves. like most ball hogs, if u dont get the ball enough, u may not put enough effort. but out of frustration. not intentionally to get rid of a coach and a sorry qb.

love what fitz is doing by the way.

To those that say Edwards was not throwing T.O. the ball, that's a bunch of bull. The majority of passes that Edwards threw to his WR's were to T.O. IMO, Jauron severly hindered Edwards' progression this year. In training camp, we heard on multiple occasions that Edwards & T.O. hooked up for 60 yard plays and other long passes, but 10 days before the start of the season, Schonert gets fired and stated "Jauron said there were too many plays and wanted a pop-warner offense." It's obvious that Fitz does a much better job at reading defenses and changing the plays at the line of scrimmage, but for T.O. to almost double his numbers in 2 games compared to his first 9, you've got to wonder if he was barely giving an effort. T.O. said that Edwards was either underthrowing or overthrowing him, yes on some plays Edwards did, but the others, T.O. had them in his hands and dropped them. Plus, a lot of the blame should be placed on T.O. on why him & Edwards never got into a rythym, T.O. missed 99% of the pre-season because he hurt his foot by wearing the wrong sneakers...coincedence or did he purposely say that to miss the pre-season (kind of like Bruce Smith getting his knee scoped before the start of training camp to avoid the pre-season).

Are you forgetting that Fitz was the main QB in three other games earlier this year (NYJ, Car & Houston)??? In the six games that Edwards played the majority of, TO was targeted 29 times, catching 15 balls. In the five games that Fitz was the QB, TO has had 42 targets, catching 25 balls. So, regardless of who the QB has been, TO has not caught half of the passes thrown to him. It just so happens that Fitz has been throwing to TO more, about 8 times per game v. 5 times per game.

Another thing to figure is that each defense the Bills have played may have been playing TO differently. TO's big week against Jax (9 rec, 197 yrds, 14 targets) could be a large result of what the Jax defense was showing - I haven't studied the game tape so I couldn't tell you that one.

Source of the stats is rtsports.com.

Guest dog14787
Are you forgetting that Fitz was the main QB in three other games earlier this year (NYJ, Car & Houston)??? In the six games that Edwards played the majority of, TO was targeted 29 times, catching 15 balls. In the five games that Fitz was the QB, TO has had 42 targets, catching 25 balls. So, regardless of who the QB has been, TO has not caught half of the passes thrown to him. It just so happens that Fitz has been throwing to TO more, about 8 times per game v. 5 times per game.

Another thing to figure is that each defense the Bills have played may have been playing TO differently. TO's big week against Jax (9 rec, 197 yrds, 14 targets) could be a large result of what the Jax defense was showing - I haven't studied the game tape so I couldn't tell you that one.

Source of the stats is rtsports.com.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is the best QB the Bills have right now regardless of how it all went down.

Fitz has really impressed me and I'm very happy to have him in Buffalo :censored:

I'd have a hard time believing that in TO's final chance for one last big contract that he'd purposely submarine more than half the season in order to get a QB switched from a terrible one to a slightly better one.

He was just frustrated early on and his frustrations carried over into his play. His head was clearly not into it and his spotty play showed it.

Jauron killed TE's career...in Buffalo anyway. I believe he may have killed his love of the game. DJ called a designed QB sneak in Tennessee for f#$k's sake. The guy just came back from his 2nd serious concussion, and he's lucky he didn't have more. I take pics at games, and I can tell you that Trent got hit a good percentage of the time he threw.

TO missed how much preseason? He hurt the toe in the 1st game. He had to get warmed up a little bit. I compare him to the guy in baseball that is getting a little older, that can't produce when they come off the bench. That is what we saw with TO... I am not saying he was on the bench, but he would get a throw here, a throw there, and they were mostly horrible. He dropped two TD's in the Tampa game, but those didn't matter because we gave TB a case of red-a$$ at the home opener. He was/is used to seeing the ball alot. That being said, after the "streak," we repeatedly forced the ball to him. He dropped a few, but there was some wretched throws.

TO is high maintenance, high reward. I don't mean high maintenance in the way always associated with him. I was always a little suspect of the "trouble" he caused. I am not saying he handles himself correct, but I do not believe it was ever ill-intentioned... I mean you need to get the ball to him alot to keep him warm. I am really impressed with his zest, even at a time when a lot of fans were turning their back. Cleveland game...Special Olympics with no fuzzy feeling...he is firing up the crowd and firing up the team (trying anyway)....that was not an easy task.

Whatever happened between TO and TE will not be public until TO writes his mem-wahhh. That was a big deal. Trent tanked the throws in Tennessee, I am absolutely convinced. It seemed TO was trying to fight for the greater good, and get the team to succeed, and TE took it personal. That is his immaturity. TO doesn't give two d#@k shakes about TE personally, but TE (speculation) saw it in a "This is my team, One-Year Blunder, and this team follows me." TO yells on sideline, a suggestion is made to TE, and he says FU...It had been going on all year. Fitzy in Jacksonville looks at the laptop with TO, next series 98 yd TD. Fitzy picks up what TO is putting down, and you have chemistry. TO knows his football, to deny that is insane...I am a struggling 3rd year QB, nicknamed Captain Checkdown, I am listening...TE didn't, if he were a few years older, and had gotten over himself, it may have worked.

Unfortunately for us, Trent is a good looking guy, played to the most prestigious position in sports, was smart, went to Stanford, got a fancy "C" on his jersey, received slow-head from DJ, etc. He thinks he is pretty hot-s#$t. He was not going to listen to some side-show receiver, made worse when everybody on team was drawn to his charisma, and the fans all show up in TO jerseys, and scream chant TO, TO, TO, then the coaches are going to listen to him??? Couldn't handle it. That brings us to the current. Trent is a pouting little b#$ch on the sidelines, TO is kicking arse, and making Fitzy look like a real NFL QB...but really what I care about is we stand a chance to win on any Sunday.