Clayton sez Shannahan not coming to Bflo ...

merlin

Linky Thingy

Q: Is Mike Shanahan going to take the Bills' job or wait for more openings? I can see Dan Snyder giving more money to Shanahan because Washington is a better market than Buffalo.

Greg in Ashburn, Va.

A: Shanahan will wait and odds favor him being a Redskin. You're right, Snyder isn't going to lose Shanahan to Ralph Wilson. The only worry you have is if jobs open in Houston or Dallas -- Shanahan might look at those two openings more favorably. There is no damage in Shanahan talking to the Bills. He's a Redskin unless the eyes of Texas are upon him.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let him go then. Shanny and Snyder are made for each other. They can spend themselves into oblivion.

PTR

Shanny going to the Redskins would be a good thing for us, I think. I am falling out of love with the idea of Shanny by the minute.

It would be funny to see him with the 'Skins...I thought he wouldn't like a meddlesome owner...ERRRR

It will end up a pissing contest over who will be able to lure the most aging free agents with ridiculous contracts to a truly pathetic franchise. I look at the 'Skins as in way worse shape than we are in.

I have read that Shanahan is only focused on cementing his legacy and winning another Super Bowl....ERRR

Good day then, sir. We never knew ya!!

My luck is we bumped the offer, gave him the keys to the city and a 15 year contract in Buffalo...I am not down with the Shanny move, I may be wrong, but I don't think so. If I am, good thing I am just a fan...those billboards will surely be something!!!

Let him go then. Shanny and Snyder are made for each other. They can spend themselves into oblivion.

PTR

I agree. If that's what Shanahan ends up wanting to do, screw'em.

PTR

Thank God that after the USFL folded that twobillsdrive was not around. I can only imagine the fanbase chatter with regards to Jim Kelly. Would have ran him out of town like Peters, Shannahan, and everyone else that says no thanks just once to us.

PTR

Yea let him go, so we can get another, Dick Jauron, Greg Williams or Mike Mularkey type of somewhat successful coordinators, who are unproven or unsuccessful as head coaches, but most importantly come cheap.

What you're missing here is that Clayton doesn't have a clue what he's talking about. He's on the ESPN bandwagon, remember? It's all speculation at this point. We have to wait until this season is over before we hear any real news.

What's not attractive about Buffalo? $10 mil a year, cap room to work with for players, a high 1st round pick, and power to make personnel decisions.

Would these coaches rather be A.) unemployed, B.) another moron commentator for a major network, C.) work for Dan Snyder, or D.) Live in Houston (ugliest city in the US).

Those options sound terrible. The only other positions I see Shannahan considering are Chicago and Dallas. Cowher will consider coaching after this season, and so will Dungy, Gruden, and Marty. Just a gut feeling.

I don't believe any opinions Clayton states. Shanny wouldn't have interviewed for 2 days and over 7hours if the Bills didn't have a legitimate shot of obtaining his services. Also, when he interviewed it was already a forgone conclusion that the Redskins HC job was going to be available. I doubt he would waste his time if a decision was already made.

Dungy, Gruden, and Marty, do not want to coach next year! Shannaham and Holgrem are still being paid by their old teams.

Shannaham is getting 9 million a year to just to sit for the next 2 years. So if he signs to coach another team, he loses that money. So even though, he is unemployed right now, he is not broke. This is why he can just sit and wait for what he thinks is the best opportunity. This is why the 10 million is no big deal! Also since, Holgrem wants to be GM and not the coach, Shannaham has much more leverage with the other former coaches out of the picture.

Dungy, Gruden, and Marty, do not want to coach next year! Shannaham and Holgrem are still being paid by there old teams.

Shannaham is getting 9 million a year to just sit for the next 2 years. So if he signs to coach another team he loses that money. so even though he is unemployed right now he is not broke. this is why he can just sit and wait for what he thinks is the best opportunity. This is why the 10 million is no big deal! Also since Holgrem wants to be GM and not the coach, Shannaham has much more leverage with the other former coaches out of the picture.

Just wait until the season is over before you judge. Everyone needs to stop acting like Buffalo is the ugly stepchild of the NFL. Get OVER that. This team was the best in the league during the late 80's and early 90's and we had one of the biggest payrolls in the NFL. That wasn't very long ago folks. Don't buy into the ESPN nonsense that no one wants to be in Buffalo.

First off, why is Dallas' name mentioned when it comes to a HC job next season. The Cowgirls are in first place in the NFC East and plan on firing Wade Phillips?! Really?!

Second, like other posters have stated, if we didn't have a shot at Shanahan, then why we he agree to meet with us and spend 7 hours over a two day period talking to Brandon?

Clayton is a baffoon. We're gonna continue to hear other ass clowns like him saying Shanahan, Cowher, Holmgren and the other available top tier coaches are gonna want to go to DC or other high profile cities.

A: Shanahan will hopefully wait and odds favor him being a Redskin. I hope You're right, Snyder isn't going to lose Shanahan to Ralph Wilson, because remember, I called out the old owner for hating the new CBA when the facts are now the owners don't like it, but let's not report the facts. and we at E$PN do not want to trek to Buffalo in January, so we need them to be bad so the Colin Cownerds and Trey Wingos can still make fun of the city of Buffalo. Hopefully The only worry you have is if jobs open in Houston or Dallas -- Shanahan might look at those two openings more favorably. There is no damage in Shanahan talking to the Bills. He's a Redskin unless the eyes of Texas are upon him.

Clayton's answer edited for his TRUE feelings.

Dungy, Gruden, and Marty, do not want to coach next year! Shannaham and Holgrem are still being paid by their old teams.

Shannaham is getting 9 million a year to just to sit for the next 2 years. So if he signs to coach another team, he loses that money. So even though, he is unemployed right now, he is not broke. This is why he can just sit and wait for what he thinks is the best opportunity. This is why the 10 million is no big deal! Also since, Holgrem wants to be GM and not the coach, Shannaham has much more leverage with the other former coaches out of the picture.

:censored::lol: :lol:

Shannaham? Really?

Not to mention Holgrem...

Where did you go to school?

Anyone else kinda hoping that we bring in Brian Billick? I think he is a classy guy and would fit the Bills well. Of course there are those of you who strongly disagree but he has been quiet during this whole search and I get the feeling that he wouldnt turn down an interview like Cowher and Holmgren did