No Brohm...

Beebe's Kid

Bad news Brohm

This kind of stinks... I was hoping we would get a chance to see the old boy.

I guess we theoretically aren't out of it yet, so maybe things change when/if that happens?

I enjoy the part about being able to assimilate to the offense. Although it has looked a lot better the last two games, I don't think we are reinventing the wheel here.

My favorite part of the article:

“He doesn’t take a lot of reps with our offense. He takes reps with our practice squad. As we have let him take reps he has an impressive arm. He throws the ball very accurately. He makes good decisoins when he’s throwing the football. When we call the plays he’s in tune with the plays and what we’re doing. So he’s an impressive young man from that aspect." PF

Then, Per-Bear, what aspect is he not impressive from? That sounds like what we could use on the field. I don't want to take away from what Fitzie has accomplished (record wise) but I don't think he is the future, and we will no NOTHING about if Brohm could possibly be a starter if he only plays against the practice squad, which has to be pretty weak, since half of them are starting now!

I am sure there are some thoughts on this....I heard rumblings that people were hoping that RF would go down (nothng too serious) so we would have to put him in on Sunday. That was pre TD run. What are your thoughts? What if RF did go down, we don't have to do the TE thing again do we?

If we DO have to do the TE thing, what if he lights it up?? That is reaching, I know, but where do you go from there?

Guest dog14787
Bad news Brohm

This kind of stinks... I was hoping we would get a chance to see the old boy.

I guess we theoretically aren't out of it yet, so maybe things change when/if that happens?

I enjoy the part about being able to assimilate to the offense. Although it has looked a lot better the last two games, I don't think we are reinventing the wheel here.

My favorite part of the article:

“He doesn’t take a lot of reps with our offense. He takes reps with our practice squad. As we have let him take reps he has an impressive arm. He throws the ball very accurately. He makes good decisoins when he’s throwing the football. When we call the plays he’s in tune with the plays and what we’re doing. So he’s an impressive young man from that aspect." PF

Then, Per-Bear, what aspect is he not impressive from? That sounds like what we could use on the field. I don't want to take away from what Fitzie has accomplished (record wise) but I don't think he is the future, and we will no NOTHING about if Brohm could possibly be a starter if he only plays against the practice squad, which has to be pretty weak, since half of them are starting now!

I am sure there are some thoughts on this....I heard rumblings that people were hoping that RF would go down (nothng too serious) so we would have to put him in on Sunday. That was pre TD run. What are your thoughts? What if RF did go down, we don't have to do the TE thing again do we?

If we DO have to do the TE thing, what if he lights it up?? That is reaching, I know, but where do you go from there?

I don't think its bad news at all, next season we can start him out in preseason against 2nd and 3rd's and gradually bring him along. By then our protection should have improved some and we will be able to evaluate and develop him more properly.

I don't think its bad news at all, next season we can start him out in preseason against 2nd and 3rd's and gradually bring him along. By then our protection should have improved some and we will be able to evaluate and develop him more properly.

I guess I was holding out hope that he would be ready to shoot out of the gate as our #1 next year. Too much?

I've never been one for just easing in... :thumbsup:

I guess I was holding out hope that he would be ready to shoot out of the gate as our #1 next year. Too much?

I've never been one for just easing in... :thumbsup:

If (well when) we get mathematically eliminated I would want Brohm to play against the Colts. Surely their 2nd and 3rds will be playing that game--it would be a good indicator if we need to seriously consider spending our top draft pick on a QB or if we already have something worth developing.

If (well when) we get mathematically eliminated I would want Brohm to play against the Colts. Surely their 2nd and 3rds will be playing that game--it would be a good indicator if we need to seriously consider spending our top draft pick on a QB or if we already have something worth developing.

That's what I am saying. I guess I wouldn't mind if he took the field earlier. One game will not be a true indicator....well I guess maybe even the rest of the season wouldn't be, but I am anxious to see him. Fitzy picked up this complex offense pretty quick, and he wasn't practicing with the starters either, although, he is a Hahhhhhhvahhhhd man.

It would be great to not have to burn a high draft pick. The more the Tebow debate burns on, the more I like the idea of him coming to town, but if Brohm is a potential star, I would love a LB, or LT with our first pick.

I'm not sure why you think this is shocking news. He is not a veteran QB who could be plugged in late in the season. The Bills grabbed him to see what might be there respective to his talent. It was a smart move by the Bills as it cost them little. Also potentially steps up the QB competition for next year.

our offense is anything but complex.

What, you thinking it's easy to learn two different alignments? How far behind the others on the team would he be? (Not the newcomers signed during the last month, the veterans who have been with us for more than half the season.) Ouch! That's too much tongue-in-cheek even for me.

Let Brohm get out there and show us something. No, it's not the whole audition, but we would at least have a first impression.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is playing well enough to keep his starting job and IMO he should be given the chance to continue his improvement. I don't see why the team should be in hurry to pull a relatively young QB who is starting to develop a nice rapport with this offense. This is really only his second year with real playing time and I think he is better than many give him credit for. I personally didn't give him enough credit.

Now, I'm not saying Fitzy is the future of the Bills but at this point the team can't rule out any prospect. Afterall, the league has seen stranger paths to success. I have nothing against Brohm either. I think he was a tremendous college QB and is very early in his career. Matt Flynn played his way into good favor with the Pack and we are fortunate to get Brohm because of it. I just hope the team continues to actively pursue other QBs this offseason and end up having a talented crop to work with in camp next year.

our offense is anything but complex.

The complex part was very, very sarcastic.

I'm not sure why you think this is shocking news. He is not a veteran QB who could be plugged in late in the season. The Bills grabbed him to see what might be there respective to his talent. It was a smart move by the Bills as it cost them little. Also potentially steps up the QB competition for next year.

I guess shocking wasn't what I intended to convey...more like disappointed. We have been down so god damned long, that is looks like up to me. I just wanted to see the guy, no expectations, outside of a string of Super Bowl wins.

What, you thinking it's easy to learn two different alignments? How far behind the others on the team would he be? (Not the newcomers signed during the last month, the veterans who have been with us for more than half the season.) Ouch! That's too much tongue-in-cheek even for me.

Let Brohm get out there and show us something. No, it's not the whole audition, but we would at least have a first impression.

Thanks...that is what I was shooting for.

Because Fewell is auditioning for a job, either with the Bills or another team, and he's going to play the guys that give him the best chance to win each game, not the guys with the best future or to see what they got.

"As we have let him take reps he has an impressive arm. He throws the ball very accurately. He makes good decisoins when he’s throwing the football."

We've got a winner!!! :thumbsup: Fitzy is anything but accurate, or in possession of an impressive arm. ::ducks waiting for the "the throw he made to Owens!!" outrage :: I know he makes a good throw once in a while, but he is for the most part horribly inaccurate. I feel we win the Jacksonville game going away with a little more accuracy, and Carolina, and the Jets...is that all of the games he's played? (that is tongue in cheek)

He very well could get cut, but I don't think there is any way he does. Edwards will be on the first thing smokin' out of Buffalo on January 4th. I think he quit on us, which we'll never truly know, but if he did, good day, sir.

Because Fewell is auditioning for a job, either with the Bills or another team, and he's going to play the guys that give him the best chance to win each game, not the guys with the best future or to see what they got.

That's exactly it...

...that being said I wouldn't mind seeing Brohm play a few games at the end of the season.

Well I would like to see Fitz play just as long as we have somewhat of a chance at going 8-8 or better. I think that if we get to 9 looses Brohm should have been a serious consideration to start a game or two towards the end of the year. If we honestly believe that Brohm has potential why not just throw him out there and let him get his feet wet in what is otherwise garbage time?

I think Brohm has potential but is he the answer? I don't really know but I don't think it would hurt at all to have him start towards the end of a loosing season I mean Fitz has gotten plenty of starts this year and I doubt he would get hurt by taking away a start or two towards the end of a season.

I don't understand all this desire to see Brohm hit the field this season. This is a guy who was exposed to any team for more than half a regular season, but now we need to know what he can do? If he was any good, someone would have signed him when GB waived him and subsequently went onto the PS.

Brohm had a fine college career, but there was a reason why he was backing up a 7th round pick in Matt Flynn. And how many franchise QB's are signed from other team's PS?

I don't understand all this desire to see Brohm hit the field this season. This is a guy who was exposed to any team for more than half a regular season, but now we need to know what he can do? If he was any good, someone would have signed him when GB waived him and subsequently went onto the PS.

Brohm had a fine college career, but there was a reason why he was backing up a 7th round pick in Matt Flynn. And how many franchise QB's are signed from other team's PS?

So the obvious answer is to not play him at all? :thumbsup:

So the obvious answer is to not play him at all? :thumbsup:

It's like making someone prove God doesn't exist.

At this point, it's on the Brohm-lovers to explain why he should play.

From where I sit, he's done nothing in the NFL to justify rushing him onto the field. In fact, to date, his NFL performance(s) indicate he's lucky to still have a job.