No Brohm...

Beebe's Kid

It's like making someone prove God doesn't exist.

At this point, it's on the Brohm-lovers to explain why he should play.

From where I sit, he's done nothing in the NFL to justify rushing him onto the field. In fact, to date, his NFL performance(s) indicate he's lucky to still have a job.

Lucky to still have a job? The guy is a second round pick who hasn't even taken a snap yet. ;)

Brohm HAS to see the field this year.

From where I sit, he's done nothing in the NFL to justify rushing him onto the field. In fact, to date, his NFL performance(s) indicate he's lucky to still have a job.

So many of these threads are like those Bud Light commercials..."Too light, Too heavy."

Lucky to still have a job? The guy is a second round pick who hasn't even taken a snap yet. ;)

Not in a regular season game, but from what I understand, his preseason reps were brutal.

Also, he was passed on the depth chart by a seventh rounder, which makes me believe his practice reps weren't too polished either.

Not in a regular season game, but from what I understand, his preseason reps were brutal.

Also, he was passed on the depth chart by a seventh rounder, which makes me believe his practice reps weren't too polished either.

The seventh rounder is Matt Flynn and he has supposedly looked really good. If Green Bay didn't want him, they wouldn't have matched the Bills offer. Reports out of camp last year, said that Brohm was up and down with his play. Flynn and him battled all through pre-season for the backup job and Flynn was more consistent. Too say he's lucky to have a job is just a case of spewing garbage for the sake of an argument.

I assume he is running the scout team offense at this point, so he has to learn a few of the oppositions plays each week. I think that would make it difficult for him to learn our offense, even as simple as it is, and give him a fair shot at competing on Sundays.

He is a third qb and as such is developmental at this point. His chance to stay on the team will be in the off season and preseason next year.

I assume he is running the scout team offense at this point, so he has to learn a few of the oppositions plays each week. I think that would make it difficult for him to learn our offense, even as simple as it is, and give him a fair shot at competing on Sundays.

He is a third qb and as such is developmental at this point. His chance to stay on the team will be in the off season and preseason next year.

1. Better him than Trent

2. I know this is all probably right, but I WANT TO SEE HIM!! I did stomp my feet when I typed that!! I want to see him for a few reasons...A. I want to see him, redundant, yes, but we know noting about him, which leads me to my next point. B. It will be a long, long off-season when all of the professional talent evaluators on TBD are split into an early HOF induction and death by stoning, which, even is we see him, is the likely scenario, but at least maybe the ones that use an ounce of logic would have something build on.

Here is a thought... IF (big IF) Fitzpatrick continues his success as our starting QB...Putting up 200 plus yrds passing, couple TD's and little to no INT's a game...Should we still look to the draft for a QB??? IMO...if this happens I would rather use our first couple picks to get some linemen or an OL, better yet a noise tackle to switch to a 3-4. My point is that if RF seems capable of being our starter...I like the idea of Brohm having another year to develop on our team as our #2. If he has/had so much talent in college (could have been #1 overall had he come out a yr. earlier) I like our chances with him if we bring in a good HC or OC to develop him, like Weiss (for OC not HC).

opinions, rejections, in favors...

remember I said BIG IF!!!

Here is a thought... IF (big IF) Fitzpatrick continues his success as our starting QB...Putting up 200 plus yrds passing, couple TD's and little to no INT's a game...Should we still look to the draft for a QB??? IMO...if this happens I would rather use our first couple picks to get some linemen or an OL, better yet a noise tackle to switch to a 3-4. My point is that if RF seems capable of being our starter...I like the idea of Brohm having another year to develop on our team as our #2. If he has/had so much talent in college (could have been #1 overall had he come out a yr. earlier) I like our chances with him if we bring in a good HC or OC to develop him, like Weiss (for OC not HC).

opinions, rejections, in favors...

remember I said BIG IF!!!

Yes, if we bring in a veteran back up to go along with Fitz and Brohm. We could really use the extra picks on our line so that whoever throws the ball doesn't get annihilated. The biggest advantage of the Brohm addition was that it gave us this leeway. However, this is a very deep draft at the QB position, so if one of the good QBs is still on the board in round three or early in round four, we should probably draft him.

Guest dog14787
1. Better him than Trent

2. I know this is all probably right, but I WANT TO SEE HIM!! I did stomp my feet when I typed that!! I want to see him for a few reasons...A. I want to see him, redundant, yes, but we know noting about him, which leads me to my next point. B. It will be a long, long off-season when all of the professional talent evaluators on TBD are split into an early HOF induction and death by stoning, which, even is we see him, is the likely scenario, but at least maybe the ones that use an ounce of logic would have something build on.

You are not going to learn anything by throwing this fella behind a rookie O-line in my opinion.

So many of these threads are like those Bud Light commercials..."Too light, Too heavy."

hahahahahahaha...awesome...

I personally would love to see him get a couple games in at the end of the season once the playoff door is officially closed...

Fitz clearly gives this team our best chance to win right now over Trent and Brohm, but I am not sold on him being able to develop into a relilable starter just yet. I still think Brohm has more upside, then again Fitz is still young too so maybe he will keep getting better...who knows...