Violence at the NYS RNC Convention

IIRC, at the various G-8 meetings, people were paid money to shout ,scream, etc. Seattle, WA comes to mind.

Any thoughts about what may occur in NYC?

9352[/snapback]

Probably the people walking their dogs in the park will get pepper sprayed.

I posted on a Grateful Dead web board, FULL of extreme leftists to please "Be Cool" if they were coming to NYC, pointing out specifically all the thrats of violence..

The overall reaction I got was that the GOP "will get what it deserves".

So much for PEACE, huh?

IIRC, at the various G-8 meetings, people were paid money to shout ,scream, etc. Seattle, WA comes to mind.

Thread title should read NYC, not NYS. Sorry.

9352[/snapback]

First, you all have no idea what you are talking about. I have helped ot organize these protests and I have gone to the protests. I have provided free legal counsel to those who are arrested. I never got paid once! People have lost jobs standing up for thier convictions - though those convictions may be different than your own.

Second, I have witnessed police provacateurs instigate violence. I have seen a police van deliberately run through a line of protestors that included elderly women and clergy members. I have seen deliberate attempts to stomp on our first amendment rights through official policy and police enforcement tactics.

While you whine on this messege board and do NOTHING about your convictions, others are willing to give up their liberty, jobs, reputations, and personal safety for theirs. Many of these "slackers" are veterans of our military, who have risked much for their convictions in the military and will do so on the streets in NYC.

Flame away - but you spite what you should respect! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

9352[/snapback]

Wow. They pay all those people. Must sell a lot of cucumber bread.

AS if terrorism isn't enough to deal with we have to deal with our own people at the RNC?

9595[/snapback]

Sadly, my friend, this is the case.

My sense, though, (and I would say the same re: the DNC) is that if the protesters get out of hand, the American public won't see it as indicative of the party, but rather indicative of the protesters.

9352[/snapback]

There is no doubt that the left has mobilized a great deal of wackos and winos to make as much noise as possible for the 4 days that the RNC runs in NYC. They will do this of course because the big 4 liberal networks will be all over this madness like stink on a hog.

Just compare it to how many nuts came out to protest the DNC. There was a few but of course the city kept tem far away from the cameras (as if any of the footage would have been aired anyway).

Bottom line.......the nuts always come out when the lefties call. All they need is a direction to be pointed...and a bottle of wine at the end of a hard nights work.

"Ah, the King of literal strikes again. Nice job. Let us know when you'll have a reasonable discussion."

Not Enough Examples of Your Own Hypocrisy - This one ain't even cold yet.

Sound familiar?   :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

9637[/snapback]

Seriously, you need a life. Step away from the computer and do something productive. Maybe read a few more presidential issue papers to help make your all important decision.

The best part is that you claim you don't care what people think about you but people easily get under your skin. Oh, come on, don't deny it. It just kills you that your such a phony and you need 50 posts of daily affirmation to convince yourself you are superior.

I guess for you it's like hanging out in an a typical dark, dingy bar with people who will make you feel better about yourself. Yeah, kind of like a bar, a place to hang out because you have often nothing else better to do, it's not very productive, pretty much a waste of time, everyone has the same exact conversations over and over again, and every once and while people will walk in get under their skin, which makes things a little too uncomfortable, but never fear - it's a mutual admiration society wherby the regulars have convinced themselves that everyone else is stupid.

Yep, a lot like a depressing bar, but of course, it's over the internet making it just a bit more sad.

(btw, let me just say "thanks," these little discussions are a great stress reliever. Oh, and before I forget, you didn't like the "cucumber bread" line? - I thought it was pretty funny. Guess you didn't get it. People at the Dead and I think the Phish shows sell things like bread and I suppose sticks and twigs to finance their tour . . . uh, nevermind, I don't believe you really don't care. Anyway, which part of "paid" was not supposed to be taken literally? Looked pretty straightforward, (maybe you meant they were "paid" in cucumber bread or a healthy dose of good karma) but since you've yet to be wrong I'll recind the satire and turn back to regular programming; perhaps you'll explain it in one of your 25 posts tomorrow. )

I posted on a Grateful Dead web board, FULL of extreme leftists to please "Be Cool" if they were coming to NYC, pointing out specifically all the thrats of violence..

The overall reaction I got was that the GOP "will get what it deserves".

So much for PEACE, huh?

9369[/snapback]

I love it....the GOP will get what it deserves huh? Too bad that 80% of the people who were harrassed and delayed by the naked scumbags who were blocking traffic near MSG yesterday while whining about AIDS are Democrats. Typical leftist morons.

Second, I have witnessed police provacateurs instigate violence. I have seen a police van deliberately run through a line of protestors that included elderly women and clergy members. I have seen deliberate attempts to stomp on our first amendment rights through official policy and police enforcement tactics.

9528[/snapback]

Was the elderly woman standing in the street?

9915[/snapback]

:doh::lol: I'm guessing the police van wasn't driving on the sidewalk!!

Funny how the lefties never mention those little details. Apparently, first ammendment rights now include the unrestricted ability to disrupt the lives of others.

Um, no actually, they don't....unless of course they are in a crosswalk and have a 'walk' signal.

9922[/snapback]

Maybe she was? Then again in the absence of such signals?...Hmmm... I think it is called COURTESY that you stop.

You'd think the police would practice the procedures they try to get others to adhere to...

:doh::lol:

Maybe she was?  Then again in the absence of such signals?...Hmmm... I think it is called COURTESY that you stop.

You'd think the police would practice the procedures they try to get others to adhere to...

:doh:  :lol:

9923[/snapback]

I doubt it. In fact, I doubt the entire account, as provided by our radical friend slothrop. I just thought daninator made an excellent point! :P

I doubt it.  In fact, I doubt the entire account, as provided by our radical friend slothrop.  I just thought daninator made an excellent point!  :doh:

9925[/snapback]

Excellent point?

So you advocate running down people in the street? Next time someone gets in your way... Run 'em down... Hay the guy had an attitude!

Violence and disruption at RNC will only be counter productive for the left. It will give the lefties a short term warm & fuzzy, but in the long run it will harm their agenda.

Chaos may solidify their base, but it will NOT bring any new people into the fold, and it may cause people to leave the fold. Someone needs to tell these guys that the 60's are over and new tactics are needed.

I'll make a prediction: If the RNC is chaos, there will be a huge November victory for Bush.

9915[/snapback]

She was standing in the street - in fact she was in a line of people who were blocking the street praying. The van pulled up to the line, paused, and then ran through the line. PEople were tossed like bowling pins!

And to the bastard that doubted "my account" - :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: - I had nightmares about that scene for months afterwords. I also saw people run over by police motorcycles.

The woman and the others WERE BREAKING THE LAW - civil disobedience like Rev. Matin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi - however, the police response was not lawfull. There is an escalating level of response that they must follow. AND UNDER NO CICUMSTANCES DOES IT ALLOW FOR BOWLING OVER PEOPLE WITH A AUTOMOBILE! That sounds a bit like something we see in other countries, and that scares me.

And to others who say that the protestors start the violence - :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: - I have been pepper sprayed and tear gassed - I have been arrested for possessing a cell phone! I have had friends who were arrested for standing a corner with a walkie-talkie and had their bail set at $1,000,000! I have seen these things. There will be 250,000 people in NYC protesting - and over 249,000 will be peacefull protesters exercising their right to protest and asking the government to adress their grievances.

I want a country that allows protest - and responses to protests from governments is scary. When did our founding fathers invision a day when dissenting citizens would be placed in pens, and cages that are called "free-speech zones" in our Orwellian world! Even if you disagree with all my politics this MUST disturb you. This is a trend that must stop.

As Ty said in Caddyshack: "this isn't Russia is it? No I didn't think so."

Violence and disruption at RNC will only be counter productive for the  left.  It will give the lefties a short term warm & fuzzy, but in the long run it will harm their agenda.

Chaos may solidify their base, but it will NOT bring any new people into the fold, and it may cause people to leave the fold.  Someone needs to tell these guys that the 60's are over and new tactics are needed.

I'll make a prediction:  If the RNC is chaos, there will be a huge November victory for Bush.

9973[/snapback]

I tend to agree with this more and more everday. Time will tell.

Civil Disobedience is still disobedience. Their rights stop where other people's rights START. As far as I'm concerned, those people blocking traffic were putting people's lives at risk. What if emergency services personell needed to get through there to get someone to the hospital or respond to a 911 call?

If you want to protest or pray or whatever, do so peacefully and non disruptively.

If not, you get what you get.

Civil Disobedience is still disobedience.    Their rights stop where other people's rights START.    As far as I'm concerned, those people blocking traffic were putting people's lives at risk.    What if emergency services personell needed to get through there to get someone to the hospital or respond to a 911 call?   

If you want to protest or pray or whatever, do so peacefully and non disruptively.

If not, you get what you get.

10290[/snapback]

Wrong, you are giving license to police to do whatever they want - this is dead wrong. They, as state actors, must act in a Constitutional way. IF ANYONE breaks a law, they have to act in a certain way. For example, if you are caught speeding, they are not allowed to come up to your window and pepper spray you in the face. Similarly, if folks are committing civil disobeince, the police are allowed to take any action WITHIN their powers. Using thier vehicle's as weapons and intimidation deveices are not within thier powers.

Read - or skim - the report I listed above. It will give a better understanding of what is happening in AMerica. This goes WAY beyond civil disobedience - which is a marginal tactic. This goes to the very notion of your right to dissent. Read it.

Ummm.....If I remember my training...You cannot impede the public....I agree you cannot pepper spray a non-violent individual...But you can be arrested for impeding public progress. If you turn resistive..you can be pepper sprayed or worse. I don't know what some of you people think...Protesting is fine...but escalating to violence will be met with a swift reponse. If you think it's easy being a police officer try being one at one time....Your job is to protect the public, but protesters make it difficult to distinguish between the right for free speech and public safety. ...Peaceful protests are fine...It's when they start throwing things or not listening to the officers orders things get ugly.

Ummm.....If I remember my training...You cannot impede the public....I agree you cannot pepper spray a non-violent individual...But you can be arrested for impeding public progress.  If you turn resistive..you can be pepper sprayed or worse. I don't know what  some of you people think...Protesting is fine...but escalating to violence will be met with a swift reponse. If you think it's easy being a police officer try being one at one time....Your job is to protect the public, but protesters make it difficult to distinguish between the right for free speech and public safety. ...Peaceful protests are fine...It's when they start throwing things or not listening to the officers orders things get ugly.

10341[/snapback]

right, you can deploy certain tactics to deal with non-compliant people. However, there is an escalating line of tactics that police must employ. Police can not act without restraint in any way they like. Under some logic posted in this thread the police would be justified in shooting a person engaged in NONVIOLENt civildisobediance.

However, I know they can NEVER deliberatly run over people with a police van - a mortorcycle - arrest people for standing on a sidewalk for using a cell phone - place them into cages BEFORE they do anything - etc, etc.

Again, read the report above, this is what I am talking about.

She was standing in the street - in fact she was in a line of people who were blocking the street praying. The van pulled up to the line, paused, and then ran through the line. PEople were tossed like bowling pins!

And to the bastard that doubted "my account" -  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: - I had nightmares about that scene for months afterwords. I also saw people run over by police motorcycles.

The woman and the others WERE BREAKING THE LAW - civil disobedience like Rev. Matin Luther King, Jr. and Ghandi -  however, the police response was not lawfull. There is an escalating level of response that they must follow. AND UNDER NO CICUMSTANCES DOES IT ALLOW FOR BOWLING OVER PEOPLE WITH A AUTOMOBILE! That sounds a bit like something we see in other countries, and that scares me.

And to others who say that the protestors start the violence -  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: - I have been pepper sprayed and tear gassed - I have been arrested for possessing a cell phone! I have had friends who were arrested for standing a corner with a walkie-talkie and had their bail set at $1,000,000! I have seen these things. There will be 250,000 people in NYC protesting - and over 249,000 will be peacefull protesters exercising their right to protest and asking the government to adress their grievances.

I want a country that allows protest - and responses to protests from governments is scary. When did our founding fathers invision a day when dissenting citizens would be placed in pens, and cages that are called "free-speech zones" in our Orwellian world! Even if you disagree with all my politics this MUST disturb you. This is a trend that must stop.

As Ty said in Caddyshack: "this isn't Russia is it? No I didn't think so."

10098[/snapback]

I tried to NOT respond to this, and your other idiotic post. My failure to resist is an admitted lack of discipline. Oh well, nobody is perfect.

You sir, are an utter jerk-off. stevestojan heads like you and your scummy ilk are compromising the safety of my friends, family and community.

Do you know that two persons were arrested today for conspiracy to blow up subway stations, a police station, and other places in NYC? Do you care (other than to defend those who would do so)?

While these naked, diseased psychotics are draining police resources, people are plotting to kill us.

I believe in the right to protest, and have participated in demonstrations. That said, this is NOT the time to drain NYC of the people it needs to protect us. There are douchebags following police officers with camcorders in order to film police officers being "rude" to nude nuts. I guess this makes you happy, but to me, it makes you an enemy to the safety of our country, and again, a douchebag. A weak, silly, idealistic douche.

One last thing...In the 80s, there were Gay S&M bars in NYC. They had fitting names such as "Ramrods" and "The Meat Rack."

In one of these places, there were stockades, into which men locked themselves with their pants down. Can you imagine the rest? At the time, Gay activists blamed AIDS on Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr. Sound right to you?

These nude protestors are of a similar ilk, and they will sicken American voters. This, ever so sadly, is a huge base of the democrat party to which I am sure you cling. Truth be told, your stalwart, "Ketchup Kerry" is a billionaire.

I merely offer the above as proof that you are a mislead, weak, mean, mentally unsound, non-caring fool.

You are also a loser, and a scumbag.

I tried to NOT respond to this, and your other idiotic post. My failure to resist is an admitted lack of discipline. Oh well, nobody is perfect.

You sir, are an utter jerk-off. stevestojan heads like you and your scummy ilk are compromising the safety of my friends, family and community.

Do you know that two persons were arrested today for conspiracy to blow up subway stations, a police station, and other places in NYC? Do you care (other than to defend those who would do so)?

While these naked, diseased psychotics are draining police resources, people are plotting to kill us.

I believe in the right to protest, and have participated in demonstrations. That said, this is NOT the time to drain NYC of the people it needs to protect us. There are douchebags following police officers with camcorders in order to film police officers being "rude" to nude nuts. I guess this makes you happy, but to me, it makes you an enemy to the safety of our country, and again, a douchebag. A weak, silly, idealistic douche.

One last thing...In the 80s, there were Gay S&M bars in NYC. They had fitting names such as "Ramrods" and "The Meat Rack."

In one of these places, there were stockades, into which men locked themselves  with their pants down. Can you imagine the rest? At the time, Gay activists blamed AIDS on Ronald Reagan and George Bush Sr. Sound right to you?

These nude protestors are of a similar ilk, and they will sicken American voters. This, ever so sadly, is a huge base of the democrat party to which I am sure you cling. Truth be told, your stalwart, "Ketchup Kerry" is a billionaire.

I merely offer the above as proof that you are a mislead, weak, mean, mentally unsound, non-caring fool.

You are also a loser, and a scumbag.

10405[/snapback]

nice to meet you too . :)

I understand your elloquantly stated point. However, lets look at this from the other point of view - when the RNC announced that they would hold their convention in NYC - they were criticized because they were bringing a huge political event that would be a magnet for controversy. It is simply unamerican and unrealistic to think that a major political event can take place, in controvertial and polorized times, and not bring dissent, glamor, spin, and - yes, danger. So your blame of just the activists is clouded by your warped political outlook. When they chose the venue they knew what they were getting into.

P.S. your depiction of the gay rights movement is about 20 years outdated.