Kelly: Move on from Edwards. Target Tebow. (linkage)

Lv-Bills

You guys have actually seen Tebow throw the football right? If not, please watch some video and tell me with a straight face you think this guy is going to make it in the NFL. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

I especially like the part of his windup where he drops the ball to his knees.

His release is probably twice as slow as Leftwich

but he is a winner - which should count for something in buffalo

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you make a statement "if I'm the owner, this is what I'm thinking" and your Jim Kelly, it tends to reflect on RW and the organization don't you think.

What, JP Losman, 1st round draft pick and can't even get a second stint and that's not good enough for you guys, lets make sure TE never plays in the NFL again also, right, and what did he ever do to deserve this,

and you know I was beginning to think I was the problem around here, but I'm not the problem...

mob16151, this post wasn't all directed at you and I love Jim kelly, he's a big hero of mine, but he can also be a big dummy sometimes.

OOOOWWWW He said something bad about Jim Kelly.....Your iiiiinnnnnn Trouble!

You guys can't be serious about Tebow , Kelly cant evaluate talent no more than Levy can...which isnt saying much .Tebow remind me of the Nebraska QB that won all of those games good runner , so so passer but skills will never transfer to the pro game . l will be more than happy to let some other team make that mistake, we need to continue to build both lines and we will be just fine

No one knows how Tebow is going to be in the NFL, at the minimum he is a passionate and experienced leader and has played 4 years of football against big time talent. The last passionate leader we've had on the Bills is Hargrove (lol), he always displayed the most emotion on the sidelines.

Much of this problem was probably due to the listless DJ being on the sidelines, but I want a guy to lead the Bills that WANTS to win and is passionate about being a Bill and winning. I doubt Tebow will fall to the 2nd round as I would bet that one of the teams 25-32 will take a flyer on him, at the minimum to be a wildcat player.

I do agree that taking him as our 1st round pick isn't my first option as I'd rather take a DT like the dude from 'Bama to anchor a 3-4 or something...

You guys can't be serious about Tebow , Kelly cant evaluate talent no more than Levy can...which isnt saying much .Tebow remind me of the Nebraska QB that won all of those games good runner , so so passer but skills will never transfer to the pro game . l will be more than happy to let some other team make that mistake, we need to continue to build both lines and we will be just fine

Eric Crouch. Excellent comparison.

All Crouch did was win. :thumbsup:

Dude, you want to try to tell me you think its the right thing to do to run your own players into the ground when they still play for you. :beer:

I'm already convinced Trent Edwards has no future here in Buffalo, but the Buffalo Bills have no right to ruin his future in the NFL. Wanting to do something and planning to do something I can understand, but advertising it was a boneheaded thing to do in my opinion. :lol:

Are you in possession of a magical time machine, dude, because Jim Kelly has absolutely no ownership stock in the team right now. None. He's a big fan with alot of clout and has every right to say what he feels about the team. If you wanna be pissed off at him be pissed off that he screwed the pooch four straight years and left Buffalo in a permanent state of shock and now kills endangered animals for fun. But not because he isn't licking Trent "Footsteps" Edwards' sack.

Bills should rebuff Jim Kelly's advances

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...ellys-advances/

Bills fans listen up!! The Bills will not return to the playoffs until Jim Kelly dies! I am not wishing death upon Jim Kelly. I am stating the obvious facts.: No other Hall of Fame quarterback has openly criticized his former teams players. Have you ever heard garbage like Kelly has spewed the last two weeks out of Joe Montana, John Elway, Jim Plunket, Joe Theisman or Len Dawson? Look at the ugly performance of their former teams. I live in the SF Bay area where Joe Montana was truly great and still lives today. The Niners have struggled as much as the Bills in recent years and the last thing you would ever hear from Montana would be criticism of Alex Smith or any of the other young QBS the Niners have tried to replace him with. Neither would any of the other great quarterbacks mentioned above. Jim Kelly, because he is not great, still clings to his “near greatness” by denigrating any and all quarterbacks who might replace him in Buffalo. He is afraid to lose his “God-like” status in Buffalo so he sees to it that no one else will succeed. Why in the world would he move back to Buffalo in the first place? Because it is the only place where he is worshipped and his ego needs constant massaging. He clings to his fame by getting his name in the national spotlight but the national media is not blinded by his “almost” great performances a decade ago in Buffalo. If he isn’t careful, he will be chewed up by ESPN. Not even Boomer will be able to protect him. Most truly great athletes that I can think of quietly retreat when their careers are over and are humbled by their accomplishments ,no matter how remarkable they were. They respect other athletes who are trying to make their way under difficult circumstances. They remember how difficult it was. Not Jim Kelly. Kelly’s inferiority complex is so huge that he has to malign the Johnsons, Losmans, Edwards and even the Tebows once they’ve been in town a few years. Mark my word Buffalo, as long as Jim Kelly is around there will not be a Bills team in the playoffs!!

Bills fans listen up!! The Bills will not return to the playoffs until Jim Kelly dies! I am not wishing death upon Jim Kelly. I am stating the obvious facts.: No other Hall of Fame quarterback has openly criticized his former teams players. Have you ever heard garbage like Kelly has spewed the last two weeks out of Joe Montana, John Elway, Jim Plunket, Joe Theisman or Len Dawson? Look at the ugly performance of their former teams. I live in the SF Bay area where Joe Montana was truly great and still lives today. The Niners have struggled as much as the Bills in recent years and the last thing you would ever hear from Montana would be criticism of Alex Smith or any of the other young QBS the Niners have tried to replace him with. Neither would any of the other great quarterbacks mentioned above. Jim Kelly, because he is not great, still clings to his “near greatness” by denigrating any and all quarterbacks who might replace him in Buffalo. He is afraid to lose his “God-like” status in Buffalo so he sees to it that no one else will succeed. Why in the world would he move back to Buffalo in the first place? Because it is the only place where he is worshipped and his ego needs constant massaging. He clings to his fame by getting his name in the national spotlight but the national media is not blinded by his “almost” great performances a decade ago in Buffalo. If he isn’t careful, he will be chewed up by ESPN. Not even Boomer will be able to protect him. Most truly great athletes that I can think of quietly retreat when their careers are over and are humbled by their accomplishments ,no matter how remarkable they were. They respect other athletes who are trying to make their way under difficult circumstances. They remember how difficult it was. Not Jim Kelly. Kelly’s inferiority complex is so huge that he has to malign the Johnsons, Losmans, Edwards and even the Tebows once they’ve been in town a few years. Mark my word Buffalo, as long as Jim Kelly is around there will not be a Bills team in the playoffs!!

You just wasted your first post bashing Jim Kelly? Well done, sir.

While I wholeheartedly disagree with the drafting of Tim Tebow, I agree with Kelly's assessment otherwise. We need to move on at QB. Edwards has one more year under contract. He can compete next year just like Drew Brees did in San Diego. If he turns it around, super. But we have to assume he will not and move on. And Jim only speaks up because there is no real management in Buffalo. He's just saying what everyone is afraid to say, including mister COO Russ Brandon.

Guest dog14787
You just wasted your first post bashing Jim Kelly? Well done, sir.

While I wholeheartedly disagree with the drafting of Tim Tebow, I agree with Kelly's assessment otherwise. We need to move on at QB. Edwards has one more year under contract. He can compete next year just like Drew Brees did in San Diego. If he turns it around, super. But we have to assume he will not and move on. And Jim only speaks up because there is no real management in Buffalo. He's just saying what everyone is afraid to say, including mister COO Russ Brandon.

Where as I don't believe Jim Kelly will actually have to die for the Bills to make the playoffs ( WTF :thumbdown: )

It has nothing to do with being afraid, Kelly's assessment, right or wrong was a classless act when he decide to broadcast it to the public. It didn't help the team, Trent Edwards or himself by behaving in such a horrible manner and Jim kelly really should think twice before opening his mouth in the future.

i think most bills fans and people around the league realize that Trent Edwards' day as a starting quarterback is over.

But i dont agree with the selection of Tim Tebow. Why draft a player who has excelled running a style of offense that we wont ever run? Its like the talk of getting Vick to play here, it just wouldnt be a good fit.

Plus Tebow has had an off year and in my opinion shouldnt even be in consideration for the Heisman this year.

And im done with choosing quarterbacks from California or Florida or any other warm weather city.

While Tebow is tough, I'd much rather see the Bills draft Tony Pike from Cincinatti.

He's had a much better year, he's from a blue collar school and has accomplished more with less.

At 6 feet, 6 inches tall and 225 pounds, and throwing for 23 touchdowns and 3 interceptions, he is getting compared to Big Ben and that suits fine with me.

Another QB i'd be happy with is Sam Bradford.

While his injury has moved him down in some draft boards, that might be perfect for the Bills considering where our draft selection will be. He'll prolly move down to us and we wont have to give away anything to move up the board to take a chance on a top tier QB. But

But all this talk of drafting a quarterback in the 1st round is prolly nonsense because we'll just draft another DB.

Go Bills

Guest dog14787
Kelly rebuttal

Don't see this linked...

Ah figures. Nice to see Kelly fire back. We need more of that with this team. I am sick of the Bills and anyone associated with them just taking it in the ass from the media.

Kelly said "the franchise needs to move on from the benched Trent Edwards",

"I like Trent personally," Kelly told USA TODAY. "He works hard. But he's had three years. It's time to find somebody who is the future of the Buffalo Bills.

These two comments are pulled out of context, but Kelly's message was clear and I see nothing in the rebuttal that changes the fact that he threw a current Bills player under the bus and it was a classless act.

Kelly said "the franchise needs to move on from the benched Trent Edwards",

"I like Trent personally," Kelly told USA TODAY. "He works hard. But he's had three years. It's time to find somebody who is the future of the Buffalo Bills.

These two comments are pulled out of context, but Kelly's message was clear and I see nothing in the rebuttal that changes the fact that he threw a current Bills player under the bus and it was a classless act.

I think the rebuttal portion was regarding Tebow (he was one of several QBs he mentioned) and California. (that's why they are discussed under the Rebuttal heading)

Is Jauron a classless act? Fewell? Me? Current Bills players?

Edwards is finished even though he barely got started. Just an honest assessment.

I think the rebuttal portion was regarding Tebow (he was one of several QBs he mentioned) and California.

Edwards is finished even though he barely got started. Just an honest assessment.

Well you are. :thumbdown:

Guest dog14787
I think the rebuttal portion was regarding Tebow (he was one of several QBs he mentioned) and California.

Lets be honest here then, the coaching, FO , O-line and 2 concussions in one year along with poor play all played a part in TE's demise, just an honest assessment.

Our assessment doesn't curb a new HC's interest to the team because the organization treats their own players with zero respect or damage TE's chances of finding another team, but Jim Kelly's does.

I've already seen first hand how this organization has shown very little regards for a players future and how unprofessionally things have been handled with the QB's here in Buffalo and it wouldn't set well in my mind if I was an outsider looking in and made the same observations.

I've already seen first hand how this organization has shown very little regards for a players future and how unprofessionally things have been handled with the QB's here in Buffalo and it wouldn't set well in my mind if i was an outsider looking in and made the same observations.

The problem isn't that the organization has shown little regard for a players future.

The problem is that the organization has players of little regard.