Brohm may very well be the guy!

Lenigmusx

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But Romo and Brady both had an experience QB to be a mentor to Romo and Brady (Drew Bledsoe both times). Who does Brohm have for that... a career backup in Fitz and a 3rd year QB, neither of which will teach him anything. He may be good but you can't compare this situation to Romo or Brady

You think we should give Drew a call and see what he is up too?

I love this...the 15th thread on Brohm... he is good, he's no good, GB cut him, Brady, Romo, Favre, Kelly, and on and on.

I feel sorry for the new QB and the new coach. There will be no adjustment period, before the "experts" get all over it run them out of town... How about before we fire the next coach and begin crying about the one that got away, or before we ship Brohm of to the UFL or enshrine him in Canton, we: A. Hire a Coach B. Let Brohm take a snap.

That being said I don't feel it is unreasonable for him to set every franchise passing record next year, and that's where I am going to set the bar. I mean with Mike Leech as coach he can't miss.

If there's any chance Brohm could be the future starter with the Buffalo Bills ( don't know much about him) then we need to have our O-line problems repaired before we try to put Brohm out onto the field against some of the top defenses in the NFL.

I realize half the people on this board thinks the O-line doesn't mean anything and a QB can magically make it all better, but I would hope our coaching staff realizes the error of their ways and says nope, you know what, we are not going to play Brohm until next season.

This is your problem dog...you dont pay attention to what you read. You see someone criticize Trent and then go off on some crazy tangent to defend him rather than read what people are really saying. You say "half the people on this board thinks the O-Line doesnt mean anything and a QB can magically make it all better" when I would bet you money that there isnt a single person on this board that doesnt believe the O Line is important.

You think this because you use the O Line as your most common excuse to defend Trent. Then others come back with the points that the O Line may be bad, but so is other teams like GB and yet their QB's still produce. They are not saying that the O Line isnt important, they are pointing out that the incredibly poor play by Trent and Fitz isnt all because of our O Line. When Trent has time, he still plays bad. Good QB's find ways to make plays...Trent just doesnt get it done.

That being said...Our O Line still has more talent on it now than it did last year and is one player away from being pretty good. Bell hasnt worked out, but with Meredith, Wood, Levitre, Hangartner, and Butler we have a pretty strong unit to build around. We pick up a LT in the draft or FA, we will have a pretty good young line moving forward.

But we could have the best line in football and our O would still blow with Trent under center or Fitz

This is your problem dog...you dont pay attention to what you read. You see someone criticize Trent and then go off on some crazy tangent to defend him rather than read what people are really saying. You say "half the people on this board thinks the O-Line doesnt mean anything and a QB can magically make it all better" when I would bet you money that there isnt a single person on this board that doesnt believe the O Line is important.

You think this because you use the O Line as your most common excuse to defend Trent. Then others come back with the points that the O Line may be bad, but so is other teams like GB and yet their QB's still produce. They are not saying that the O Line isnt important, they are pointing out that the incredibly poor play by Trent and Fitz isnt all because of our O Line. When Trent has time, he still plays bad. Good QB's find ways to make plays...Trent just doesnt get it done.

That being said...Our O Line still has more talent on it now than it did last year and is one player away from being pretty good. Bell hasnt worked out, but with Meredith, Wood, Levitre, Hangartner, and Butler we have a pretty strong unit to build around. We pick up a LT in the draft or FA, we will have a pretty good young line moving forward.

But we could have the best line in football and our O would still blow with Trent under center or Fitz

we need 3 new linemen on our O line. true, i agree that perhaps just with a solid LT we'd have all the starters we need, but our depth is sht. imo we have about 15-25 good solid football players on our team, but the depth at LB, WR, OL, are all junk. it is worth noting that OL has more players than any other unit on the pitch at once, and LBs and WRs are the foot soldiers of the D and O respectively (with LBs making the majority of tackles and WRs getting the majority of yards and first downs) so the lack of depth there is just destroying us.

we need 3 new linemen on our O line. true, i agree that perhaps just with a solid LT we'd have all the starters we need, but our depth is sht. imo we have about 15-25 good solid football players on our team, but the depth at LB, WR, OL, are all junk. it is worth noting that OL has more players than any other unit on the pitch at once, and LBs and WRs are the foot soldiers of the D and O respectively (with LBs making the majority of tackles and WRs getting the majority of yards and first downs) so the lack of depth there is just destroying us.

I totally agree that we need depth with our uncanny skill to lose players for long periods of time. When I posted that I was referring to starters needed. Of course we need help on other areas of this team to be a serious threat, but honestly, despite our depleted defense its still manages to keep us competitive most weeks despite a completly inept offensive showing almost every week.

With an LT to shore up the starting unit of the O Line and a competent QB who can move the chains and put some points on the board, this team could be competitive quickly. We have more talent on this team than our record indicates. Injuries, bad leadership, terrible offensive showings by our OC and QB, and a struggling LT have hid that, but there is plenty to build around here.

Think about this...a new staff coming in has Byrd and Whitner to build off in the deep secondary, a bunch of good young CB's, Poz at LB (plus I still think Nic Harris is a sleeper there), Maybin who could get moved to LB and I think be much more effective, solid DT's in Stroud and Williams, and a defensive leader in Schobel. Thats a lot better than most teams looking up in their division have to work with. On offense, we are deep at RB, still have Evans with potential behind him still with Hardy and Johnson, some good looking young interior OL guys, a very promising guy in Nelson, and a couple solid vets like Hangartner and Butler on the OL.

We are more talented than several of the other possible job openings and most of that talent is young and signed for a while. So, a LT and a QB would do wonders for this team...add in some depth, maybe another DE or DT in the draft, move Maybin to LB, and we arent looking to bad.

And the chronic love affair with Bills 3rd string QBs marches on.

That being said though, I do like the signing. The Bills have nothing to lose, and Brohm has very good upside. Smart to sign him for 2 years. I don't expect much out of him this year, but let's get a good QB coach and see what he has next year.

The Bills really had little to lose with the signing. They will have a chance to see if there is upside.

I disagree on the WR depth. I think you have to give them an incomplete because they can't be judged fairly or accurately. I actually believe it is still a strength on this team.

If the guy was any good do you really think the Packers would have left him on the practice squad where any team was free to sign him?

If James Harrison was any good do you really think the Ravens would have cut him during training camp and not even let him on the practice squad where any team was free to sign him?

Great organizations keep young talented QBs with potential on the roster and develope them. That is where the Bradys Romos Warners Hasselbacks Bulgers Delhommes Garcias Ortons Cassels of the league come from. We may have one of those on the roster in Brohm - I think we do. I would like to see him start this season, but I realise he wont be ready, our OL sucks, and it may hurt him in the long rung, but hey he could be great from day 1 too. We need to knwo if we should draft a 1st round QB or not.

Guest dog14787

What, because I was doing storm water management calculations (complicated) earlier today and made a mistake on a post, whatever meathead.(the real deal)

You know what your problem is, you have a one track mind.

Allot of folks would like to see if Brohm might be the Bills future QB and I was reminding folks that we are not prepared to develop a young Qb at this time and it could very possibly destroy Brohms confidence if we stuck him in there now behind a rookie O-line with very little experience.

I don't care what you think about me and folks around here probably feel the same.

This notion that we have more talent on the O-line now then we did last year is laughable in my opinion.

What, because I was doing storm water management calculations (complicated) earlier today and made a mistake on a post, whatever meathead.(the real deal)

Allot of folks would like to see if Brohm might be the Bills future QB and I was reminding folks that we are not prepared to develop a young Qb at this time and it could very possibly destroy Brohms confidence if we stuck him in there now behind a rookie O-line with very little experience.

I don't care what you think about me and folks around here probably feel the same.

This notion that we have more talent on the O-line now then we did last year is laughable in my opinion.

One track mind? That makes no sense coming from the king of one track minds. Anyway, how is the statement we have more talent on our O Line now than last year laughable? Answer me these questions:

Is Hangartner better or worse than Fowler? Answer Better

Do Wood and Levitre have more talent than our interior guys last year? Yes, more

Thats 60% of our line right there that is better than the guys last year. Just on that alone we have more talent on our starting O Line than last year.

Plus Butler is solid too and Meredith has some upside. Our biggest issues is left tackle, injuries and inexperience, not talent. Wood and Levitre will just keep getting better, Hangartner and Butler are solid and I like Merediths potential. I will take this group over last years unit easily for the long term. If we can go into next season with an upgrade at LT and more depth, we will have a formidable unit.

Bring in Chad Pennington to make this team look respectable for next season and to mentor Brohm or another QB you draft. Either you draft a LT to shape the O-line or a QB and then bring in a vet QB (Pennington preferably or Kerry Collins) to teach the young guys and take the hits.

Romo had Bledsoe and Vinny Testaverde to teach him how to be an NFL QB as well as 4 years to learn the system he would play in. Brady* cheated

Guest dog14787
One track mind? That makes no sense coming from the king of one track minds. Anyway, how is the statement we have more talent on our O Line now than last year laughable? Answer me these questions:

Do Wood and Levitre have more talent than our interior guys last year? Yes, more

Thats 60% of our line right there that is better than the guys last year. Just on that alone we have more talent on our starting O Line than last year.

Plus Butler is solid too and Meredith has some upside. Our biggest issues is left tackle, injuries and inexperience, not talent. Wood and Levitre will just keep getting better, Hangartner and Butler are solid and I like Merediths potential. I will take this group over last years unit easily for the long term. If we can go into next season with an upgrade at LT and more depth, we will have a formidable unit.

When you are comparing Rookies to proven offensive lineman you have to remember when entering the NFL, its a big step up from college. Take Mike Williams for example, for all intentional purposes Mike Williams was thought to have more talent then any other lineman drafted that year and how did that scenario turn out. I might possibly even consider what you are saying could be true had our O-line proven anything at all up to this point, but so far they have not.

Pass protection and run blocking has been below average.

If you truly find them complicated, you can save yourself time by downloading the PlexCalc program from CPChem PP (free if you join their mailing list).

I used to do that stuff all the time (majored in SW/WW/PW treatment and infrastructure), until I started making my drafters and subordinates do it! Some of them used to struggle, until one guy found that program--it does the calcs much quicker than I do (and almost as accurately).

Just a thought...

I would argue that Hangartner is not exactly an upgrade - do you not notice him getting bowled over every week?

Second, with the HUGE drop off we have seen at Tackle, I wouldnt say our OL has more talent at all.

Peters 10x better than whoever we haev tried.

Walker 20x better than everyone we have tried minus Butler for 1 game

Wood while good is now injured with career in jeopordy, and even before was he an upgrade over Butler? Not really.

Levitre is better than Dockery, but its almost a push. Hangartner is better yes, but still bad

Our OL has more promise for the future (or at least it did before Wood and Butler were lost) but in no way is it better than last year.

Guest dog14787
If you truly find them complicated, you can save yourself time by downloading the PlexCalc program from CPChem PP (free if you join their mailing list).

I used to do that stuff all the time (majored in SW/WW/PW treatment and infrastructure), until I started making my drafters and subordinates do it! Some of them used to struggle, until one guy found that program--it does the calcs much quicker than I do (and almost as accurately).

Just a thought...

Thanks for the thought Bandit, I appreciate it.

only question I have really is...if Brohm was in the 2010 draft, would he be the #1 qb in the draft?...looking at his stats from college, he looks to be the best...that's just stats wise tho..can any of you college followers chime in on his play style vs. the top 4 qb's coming out this year?...the way I see it is if Buffalo is/was going to draft a new qb this year, Brohm looks like the best one if he was coming out this year...this move could leave the Bills the ability to get a top OT and/or OLB in rounds 1 and 2 without worrying about a QB...although they still might grab a QB even with Brohm.

I want to add that I believe TE's biggest problem was that he had no real qb to learn from and a FO that kept changing his offensive leaders/coaches...I believe TE will be a better qb on another team with a qb and good coaches to learn from...Brohm at least had Rodgers to learn from and a more stable FO in GB even only being on the PS.