Marty Ball won't be coming to Buffalo

NY Nole

I know there are other topics on Marty Schottenheimer -- but he is on Sirius NFL Radio right now and just said he will not be a coach again. Said his wife was a bit taken back by the report of him being a coach again. Also dismissed any role in a GM capacity. Can we now all stop talking about this guy please!

I know there are other topics on Marty Schottenheimer -- but he is on Sirius NFL Radio right now and just said he will not be a coach again. Said his wife was a bit taken back by the report of him being a coach again. Also dismissed any role in a GM capacity. Can we now all stop talking about this guy please!

Like I said, he's a senior citizen. Coaching a bad Bills team isn't the best way to spend one's golden years ...

:rolleyes:

So scratch Gruden, Cowher, and Marty. The rejections are piling up quickly :rolleyes:

At least when we have to settle for a lesser known, we know it's not because Ralph wasn't at least trying. Not much to say when they won't even come to listen to an offer.

Ralph's plan is working perfectly...now just time to sell the tickets the last three home games, they are already sold, but with a marketing plan like this he'll sell them again. Then he and TO will go skinny dipping in the money pool, when will everybody see it!!!???!!!

This may be hard to believe, but these coaches may be waiting to see exactly what their options are before comitting, hence the "I am not going to coach again," approach...

Cowher said exactly that...he is going to wait until after the year...Marty could change his mind (see Farve, Brett,) maybe he doesn't wand to commit before he knows his options...and so on.

Guess we'll just have to make sure that Shanny stays then.

Give me a break. Read the tea leaves guys. The media insiders are very politely telling us that these guys don't want this job. Period. No experienced NFL coach with a good track record is moving his spouse and family to f ing B lo unless they have some ties to the area. WNY is a place to leave, not one you willingly move to, unless motivated for personal reasons. Stinks, but it is true.

The Charlie Weis's of the world (no job, want back into the NFL) and the Jim Hasletts (personal history in the area) are the only guys who we can seriously think about getting. Weis would be good as his staff can come with him, as they will all be canned as well. Not perfect, but no magic wand is getting waved over this franchise anytime soon...

Give me a break. Read the tea leaves guys. The media insiders are very politely telling us that these guys don't want this job. Period. No experienced NFL coach with a good track record is moving his spouse and family to f ing B lo unless they have some ties to the area. WNY is a place to leave, not one you willingly move to, unless motivated for personal reasons. Stinks, but it is true.

The Charlie Weis's of the world (no job, want back into the NFL) and the Jim Hasletts (personal history in the area) are the only guys who we can seriously think about getting. Weis would be good as his staff can come with him, as they will all be canned as well. Not perfect, but no magic wand is getting waved over this franchise anytime soon...

Charlie Weiss & staff???? Just what we need, Coaches that can't even beat Navy. :rolleyes::thumbsup:<_<

Give me a break. Read the tea leaves guys. The media insiders are very politely telling us that these guys don't want this job.

hahahahaha, yes. The media is being "polite." That is if being polite means that they say things like "HAHAHAHAHA! He is NOT going to buffalo!" or "hahah! can you picture going home to your wife and saying 'hun, we are moving to buffalo? man, that just sounds terrible! no one wants to live there!" or "You never go to buffalo, the team is poor and is never going anywhere!"

Yeah, these media folks are really polite with all the laughing and the jokes about how bad Buffalo is, and not just as a team, but as a city. real class act.

So scratch Gruden, Cowher, and Marty. The rejections are piling up quickly :rolleyes:

But wait! Ralph Wilson is such a great guy and AJ Smith, Butler and Donahoe were all lying about what a meddling owner Ralph is....

Seriously, you are tossing out 10 mill per to have a guy coach your team and no one wants it? Hummmm.........

There will be millions of reasons for someone to take the job. Also there are a very limited number of spots available so if you want to be the head guy at the pro level you can't simply dismiss Buffalo out of hand.