Speaking of Coaches

BillsNYC

Coaches who may get fired this year?

Fox, Fischer....may be some other surprises out there as well. Who else might get the axe?

We lose out on the big name guys, hire a solid GM before the end of the season and end up with the one those guys...

Fox, Fischer....may be some other surprises out there as well. Who else might get the axe?

We lose out on the big name guys, hire a solid GM before the end of the season and end up with the one those guys...

Fisher is not getting fired, no chance.

I don't think Fisher is going to get axed. Even without their 4 game win streak.

Shannahan had a 3 game lead in the division with 3 games left and missed the playoffs with such losses as to the Bills

And had two Super Bowl trophies and 7 playoff appearances.

Fisher - no Super Bowl trophies, 6 playoff appearances, and hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years.

I don't think he's as safe as you all think.

Fishcer did not want Young back in. Bud Adams forced that move. Now that it is working, it makes Fishcer not look the best. Just trying to help you out there BillNYC.

It's Fisher not Fischer. Bud Adams is just crazy enough to do it, but I wouldn't count on it. Unless he thinks he can fire Fisher and promote Dinger. Adams wants to see VY succeed at all costs.

If Fisher is fired, he becomes the prime candidate in San Diego.

C

Fisher - no Super Bowl trophies, 6 playoff appearances, and hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years.

According to other posts on the board, that kind of record disqualifies Fisher from coming to Buffalo.

I heard a rumor today of Cowher to Chicago. I'd take Lovie here in a heartbeat. Built the Bears up, got to the Super Bowl, has been competitive. What's not to like?

If the Titans fall apart again and Fisher gets fired, I'd think long and hard about hiring him. He's a solid coach who's having a bad year for reasons that aren't entirely clear to me. That said, sticking with a QB until you're 0-6 and then going 4-0 with the new guy isn't too convincing as far as decision making goes.

Shannahan had a 3 game lead in the division with 3 games left and missed the playoffs with such losses as to the Bills

I think you both have a point here. Not only did Shanahan's team not get it done down the stretch like that, but Shanahan was stripped of his personnel title due to some poor decisions made in later years. He also ran out of buffers to fire (like former defensive coordinator Larry Coyer) to the point where there was nobody else left to blame their collapse on but him. That said, he did make Denver a league power and did bring the franchise a pair of Lombardi trophies. He also was key to bringing in a zone blocking scheme on the offensive line that while not popular among defensive players due to the low (and sometimes illegal) blocks made on D linemen, was extremely successful in paving the way for a bunch of running backs to be productive.

Fisher will break records in terms of shortest term of unemployment if the Titans are stupid enough to fire him. After a horrible 6 game skid to begin the year, he has them on a 4 game winning streak and has Chris Johnson poised to not only lead the league in rushing, but to maybe surpass the 2,000 yard mark.

Del Rio is a good coach. He knows how to build a solid running game.

And he knows how to coach a team. How many of you thought Jacksonville would have a shot at the playoffs this year? How many of you thought Jacksonville would win more than 4 games? I was in neither boat at the beginning of the year - I thought the Jags would win about 4-5 games tops and not even sniff the wild card. MJD was about all they had and somehow, they're winning games and still playing hard-nosed, physical football. Right now, I'd vote for him as coach of the year.

Of course, he's not going anywhere. No matter where the Jags play, Del Rio should be their coach for a while.