How about Bill Parcells?

HelloNewman

This would be cool, not only because he is a winner and a brilliant coach, but because, as far as I'd like to kill a terrorist, he would be the first dude to be involved with all teams within a division, as well as coach all three teams that claim to be from NY (the pair from Jersey and the Buffalo Bills).

I'm skeptical that he can stay committed to Buffalo long enough to make a dent. He'll be off onto his next project depending on how the wind blows.

He turns teams around almost immediately. As long as he left us with a good structure and competent people in charge, it would be worth it IMO. Think of the bad shape Marv left us in. Now think of an equivalent amount of good work that could be done within 2-3 years.

Bill Parcells likes to take on "projects" and turn them around. Of course his definition of a project is not really what we got going here.

Parcells "project" rules

1. Good foundation of young players with emphasis on the lines, already in place

2. Owner willing to spend whatever it takes to win

3. Complete control of that cash and all personnel choices

4. Surplus of draft picks and cap space

Bill is very good at identifying teams that are closer than they appear to winning. His career achievements have allowed him to be as selective as he wants. This is no slight on his work but more of an observation on how he chooses his situations. I don't see Buffalo fitting his criteria but would feel much better about the teams situation if he came here.

In fact if any of the big coaches choose Buffalo I'll be pretty fired up. It would mean an expert sees more in this team than I do.

Parcells experiences less success with each successive team. The Giants won 2 SB's. The Pats went to a SB and lost. The Jets went to the AFCCG and lost. The Cowboys lost in the final seconds of the first round of the playoffs. The Dolphins got blownout of the playoffs last year (which they only made because Brady went down). Let him stay where he is.

Parsells was a good coach who THINKS he's a good gm. Yes he can turn things around to some level. Though in the case of Dallas, how much improvement was there (or drop off afterwards) and Miami really wasn't as bad as they looked the year prior, so easy to see improvment there. It also appears that with every job he's taken, he's had less desire to se things through. I certainly think he could make Buffalo better, but not sure it owuld be as much as needed.

Parcells experiences less success with each successive team. The Giants won 2 SB's. The Pats went to a SB and lost. The Jets went to the AFCCG and lost. The Cowboys lost in the final seconds of the first round of the playoffs. The Dolphins got blownout of the playoffs last year (which they only made because Brady went down). Let him stay where he is.

Yeah, what does a team that hasn't sniffed the post-season in a decade and counting need with a guy like that.

I think you are eluding the true point. Without Parcells NE would still be nothing he took a team that noone wanted to play for and brought them to where they are to day because if parcells wasnt in NE Belicheck wouldnt have benn in NE to get the NE job.

He also turned the Jets around as well as the Cowboys.

We would be intriquing to him because if he was able to get the Job with the Bills he would be the first coach in history to coach all the teams in the AFC east. If he is able to turn us around and make us into a consistent playof team I would be happy with that. Winning superbowls is the goal but you cant win it if your not in it. SO the first goal is to be in it and consistently.

The only thing that bothers me about this is that the quote reads this:

"Browns owner Randy Lerner is looking for the next Bill Parcells to rebuild his football organization and make all the decisions."

instead of this:

"Bills owner Ralph Wilson is looking for the next Bill Parcells to rebuild his football organization and make all the decisions."

:rolleyes: