JP's weight and hieght

Frez

He listed at 6'2 and 217 pounds. He sure don't look that big to me. He looks skinny and smallish to me. Can we trust Donahoe on this pick?

I have never seen JP play football in college. How raw is he and what can i expect?

its probably because drew is like 6'5", 240lbs.  For as bad as drew is, we're used to his big frame.  Plus, we're predisposed to a certain body type with the #7

122569[/snapback]

Corp, are you ready for a QB change? Are you ready to go through a couple of seasons with a green QB?

Damn this is frustrating. A rookie QB and a rookie headcoach to go along with him. This team is a few years from the playoffs.

Funny, I see a team that had the exact same problem last year.

The Jacksonville Jagaurs drafted a rookie quarterback in Byron Leftwhich and had a rookie head coach in Jack Del Rio going through the same situation that we have now.

I now see that team at 6-3 in the playoff race.

122576[/snapback]

Excellent point.

My worries are with Tom Donahoe I guess. I have zero trust in him anymore for some reason. I guess that ass beating we took Sunday did not set very well with me.

He listed at 6'2 and 217 pounds. He sure don't look that big to me. He looks skinny and smallish to me. Can we trust Donahoe on this pick?

I have never seen JP play football in college. How raw is he and what can i expect?

122566[/snapback]

My first reaction seeing him over the center was who's that tiny guy? Where's Losman? I'm sure it does have to do with the comparision to Bledsoe. It looked like he was barely touched to force the fumble. There is no way he is 6'2".

I'd say he is probably 5'10" or 11" maybe 185-190.

Frankly, with the broken leg in practice occuring with fairly benign contact, it definitely begs the question about his durability.

I haven't seen alot of his college footage but I do know this; the East Carolinas and Mississippi States, and Alcorn States don't have NFL size and speed linebackers that will rip your head off. That's why I think he needs to play in Germany to get some seasoning and ease his way into the kind of hits that Bledsoe had been taking behind this line.

frez, i'm not exactly looking forward to loseman struggling as bad as drew. To be frank, i'm looking forward to the freshness of loseman. It's very hard to be an optimist with this team, and i don't blame anyone for not being one. I am though. Loseman's growing pains would be easier for me to swallow than Bledsoe's fall.

Mcnabb 6'2 226

Garcia 6'1 200

Favre 6'2 225

Hassleback 6'4 223

6'2 217 seems just about prototype size. He will have the strength coaches bulk him up a little. Next year I bet he is 230 or so. Besides, those numbers up top- they are played up

Mcnabb 6'2 226

Garcia 6'1 200

Favre 6'2 225

Hassleback 6'4 223

6'2 217 seems just about prototype size.  He will have the strength coaches bulk him up a little.  Next year I bet he is 230 or so.  Besides, those numbers up top- they are played up

122639[/snapback]

If he goes 230....he will lose a ton of mobility. Best plan is to let this 22-23 year old just 'grow' into his body. His body won't fully mature until he is in his low 30's or so. Now I don't mind putting some mass on him but maybe that is just not his makeup. When you force drastic weight gain or loss, bad things tend to happen.

frez, i'm not exactly looking forward to loseman struggling as bad as drew.  To be frank, i'm looking forward to the freshness of loseman.  It's very hard to be an optimist with this team, and i don't blame anyone for not being one.  I am though.  Loseman's growing pains would be easier for me to swallow than Bledsoe's fall.

122636[/snapback]

I normally don't care, but spell the name correctly, or just call him JP. That loseman thing will get enough attention from opposing fans. I can see the banners now... :)

We now have sacrificed 3 #1 draft choices to find a QB...The well is now dry,,Losman has to work or TD on his boys are done.

A 1 to NE for Drew... :)

A 1 to draft Losman... :D

A "HIGH" #1 to Dallas,2005, to move up to pick Losman... :w00t::D

I normally don't care, but spell the name correctly, or just call him JP. That loseman thing will get enough attention from opposing fans. I can see the banners now... 

I really do know how his name is spelled. I just do it by habit then i'm too lazy to edit. losman losman losman.

Funny, I see a team that had the exact same problem last year.

The Jacksonville Jagaurs drafted a rookie quarterback in Byron Leftwhich and had a rookie head coach in Jack Del Rio going through the same situation that we have now.

I now see that team at 6-3 in the playoff race.

122576[/snapback]

and big ben replaced maddox in Pittsburgh and is 7-0

Guest Guest_Kent14_*
We now have sacrificed 3 #1 draft choices to find a QB...The well is now dry,,Losman has to work or TD on his boys are done.

A 1 to NE for Drew... :)

A 1 to draft Losman... :D

A "HIGH" #1 to Dallas,2005, to move up to pick Losman... :w00t:  :D

122813[/snapback]

Only 2 #1 draft choices, the one for Blesdsoe and 2005's for JP, the 2004 #1 was Evans. TD did through in a 2nd and a 5th for JP also I believe.

its probably because drew is like 6'5", 240lbs.  For as bad as drew is, we're used to his big frame.  Plus, we're predisposed to a certain body type with the #7

122569[/snapback]

:):w00t::D LMAO!!

JP isn't that vertically challenged!!

I understand Losman is something of a weight room fanatic, and VERY strong. That's why at 6'2" his arm strength is comparable to Bledsoe's and Roethlisberger's. The broken leg was a fluke, not an indication of frailty.