A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) Nice pattern and grab by Nelson just before the half. That was quite a leap; a great display of athleticism for a TE.

2) The 98 yard pass to TO was a perfect play. I suppose we should thank stupid, worthless little Roscoe Parrish for running backwards to the 2 yard line.

3) LOL. Early in the game it really felt strange to see a coach who looked alive and coherent. I was even more traumatized by Jauron than I had realized, that slow blinking loser.

4) I don't think that Fitz is very good. He might even suck but he has balls and I respect this.

5) What a hit by Kyle Williams in the 2nd quarter. It was no coincidence that Garrard threw a pick on the very next play, because this is the way that tackle football works.

6) Here we go again.....I thought that Poz was VERY good today, but I tend to always post this. Anybody care to blast him yet again?

7) Jonathan Scott is symbolic of everything that has sucked about this team for the last 12 or so years. Sometimes I think that I should be wearing a t-shirt with a picture of either Scott, or Demetrius (Tinker) Bell, and walking around in a trance with a weird and depressed look on my face.

8) The injury to Wood REALLY sucked. Son of a f-----g B word c--------r!!! :unsure::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

9) Same old Bills at the end. Poor clock management at the half and the end of the game, ya know? Out coached and out muscled, but a plethora of defensive backs. But, these little buggers gave it their NFL all, wouldn't ya say?

10) Bye Perry! It's been real but we need a proven coach with a plan, a brain, and a track record of winning. I for one woulld prefer even Wade, but do take care.

11) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Nice pattern and grab by Nelson just before the half. That was quite a leap; a great display of athleticism for a TE.

I was pretty happy to see that as well. However, he still needs to develop his blocking skills.

2) The 98 yard pass to TO was a perfect play. I suppose we should thank stupid, worthless little Roscoe Parrish for running backwards to the 2 yard line.

I said that to my friends as well. But for the record, I did call that play before it happened.

3) LOL. Early in the game it really felt strange to see a coach who looked alive and coherent. I was even more traumatized by Jauron than I had realized, that slow blinking loser.

He showed some emotion which was definitely good to see. Very refreshing. I wish him the best.

4) I don't think that Fitz is very good. He might even suck but he has balls and I respect this.

He does have more guts than Edwards, who just isn't a football player. I think the Broisen one will see some playing time later in the season. But Fitz is an ample backup.

5) What a hit by Kyle Williams in the 2nd quarter. It was no coincidence that Garrard threw a pick on the very next play, because this is the way that tackle football works.

He was a monster today and was the best player on the defensive side of the ball.

6) Here we go again.....I thought that Poz was VERY good today, but I tend to always post this. Anybody care to blast him yet again?

I still think that Poz would be better off on the outside. No doubt that LB is a huge hole, but one that I think can be filled in FA.

7) Jonathan Scott is symbolic of everything that has sucked about this team for the last 12 or so years. Sometimes I think that I should be wearing a t-shirt with a picture of either Scott, or Demetrius (Tinker) Bell, and walking around in a trance with a weird and depressed look on my face.

He was pretty bad today. 2 penalties that negated touchdowns. This team is not good enough to overcome those mistakes.

8) The injury to Wood REALLY sucked. Son of a f-----g bith c--------r!!! :unsure::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Ditto. Terrible injury to a great, young player who had endless potential. I just hope he can continue to play the game of football.

9) Same old Bills at the end. Poor clock management at the half and the end of the game, ya know? Out coached and out muscled, but a plethora of defensive backs. But, these little buggers gave it their NFL all, wouldn't ya say?

They played hard. The Bills are a decent 3 quarter football team, but a horrible 4 quarter team.

10) Bye Perry! It's been real but we need a proven coach with a plan, a brain, and a track record of winning. I for one woulld prefer even Wade, but do take care.

Give him a chance. I think he'll be fine.

Agree on most points and I would add that it was good to see TO get involved in the game. He is so talented and I think he has plenty of good years left in him. I know a lot of people are divided on his future with the team, but I would love to see him come back for another year.

8) The injury to Wood REALLY sucked. Son of a f-----g bith c--------r!!! :unsure::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

We definitely need a proven coach. However, this is not the week to be dumping on Perry, IMO. He had less than a week to wrap his head around being a HC and had to remotivate his team. I'd say he did that. Yes, he made several critical errors that probably cost us the game. But, in his first ever game as HC with just a few days; I'll cut him slack for a week.

Wood's injury is just horrible. No other way around it. Here's to praying he can come back healthy next season.

Agreed, Fitzy is not the guy. He's better than Trent; not sure how much of a compliment that is though. It wouldln't upset me at all to see Brohm next week or the week after. Why not, right? They got the guy; it had to be to see him play. I'm still puzzled by that move knowing you'll almost certainly have new HC next season.

Is it just me... we lost and that always sucks; but, why do I feel so good. It's as though this huge weight has been lifted. Here's to better days ahead. :beer:

Why is our OL getting decimated. Is it the type of football they are being taught to play...I have never seen an OL decimated by injuries like this. To lose your starting LT, RG, and RT in 10 games is a disaster.

Two TDs were negated by Penalties...That was huge. As you said Fitz is a below average QB, but had the guts to throw the ball down field and let his WRs make plays.

The Bills made foolish mistakes. The OL was called for two false starts. Roscoe made the dumb play. Our LBs were invisible.

A lot of recipe for disaster. They could not protected a lead when the other team needed a TD to win the game.

Fewell is in a tough spot. He has got to win with this mediocre talent after 14 folks are in IR. I believe the difference between the great teams and the also rans is the depth they build. The Steelers and Pats have good depth in who they draft that they can plug them in without compromising their game plan.

The Bills show activate Steve Johnson and James Hardy to see what they have in them. It is really insane to not be able to find out about these players....Why bother with Parrish, when he is already being shown the door out.

Why is our OL getting decimated. Is it the type of football they are being taught to play...I have never seen an OL decimated by injuries like this. To lose your starting LT, RG, and RT in 10 games is a disaster.

Two TDs were negated by Penalties...That was huge. As you said Fitz is a below average QB, but had the guts to throw the ball down field and let his WRs make plays.

The Bills made foolish mistakes. The OL was called for two false starts. Roscoe made the dumb play. Our LBs were invisible.

A lot of recipe for disaster. They could not protected a lead when the other team needed a TD to win the game.

Fewell is in a tough spot. He has got to win with this mediocre talent after 14 folks are in IR. I believe the difference between the great teams and the also rans is the depth they build. The Steelers and Pats have good depth in who they draft that they can plug them in without compromising their game plan.

The Bills show activate Steve Johnson and James Hardy to see what they have in them. It is really insane to not be able to find out about these players....Why bother with Parrish, when he is already being shown the door out.

Totally agree about activating Johnson, Hardy, and add Brohm at this point....we need to see what these guys can do...

We definitely need a proven coach. However, this is not the week to be dumping on Perry, IMO. He had less than a week to wrap his head around being a HC and had to remotivate his team. I'd say he did that. Yes, he made several critical errors that probably cost us the game. But, in his first ever game as HC with just a few days; I'll cut him slack for a week.

Wood's injury is just horrible. No other way around it. Here's to praying he can come back healthy next season.

Agreed, Fitzy is not the guy. He's better than Trent; not sure how much of a compliment that is though. It wouldln't upset me at all to see Brohm next week or the week after. Why not, right? They got the guy; it had to be to see him play. I'm still puzzled by that move knowing you'll almost certainly have new HC next season.

Is it just me... we lost and that always sucks; but, why do I feel so good. It's as though this huge weight has been lifted. Here's to better days ahead. :unsure:

Can't speak for everyone, but I felt better after this loss than any other in the past 2.5 years.

Looking back at the NE game this year, and difference is stark.

In the NE game, on the last drive, Trent took 2 sacks, and overall looked lost and unsure about what to do.

In this game, on the last drive, Fitz looked in command of the offense, and knew where he was going.

I thought that the guy might change his viewpoints a bit. Silly of me, I know.

Aren't "crusades" (e.g. Bell) in violation of the Terms Of Use?

Depends on your definition of "excessively repetitive." Normally, for us to take action against anyone for crusading, they have to be either spamming the board with multiple threads on the same topic or posting their thoughts in every thread on Page 1.

A quick check shows me that Bill has done neither. In addition to his weekly "a few thoughts ..." posts -- in reality, columns that quite a few posters here look forward to reading -- he's only created five threads since the season began, with titles that lead me to believe they do not refer to Bell.

Hope that answers your question. If not, rather than muddying this thread, I'm willing to discuss it in greater depth in the Customer Service forum.

Can't speak for everyone, but I felt better after this loss than any other in the past 2.5 years.

Looking back at the NE game this year, and difference is stark.

In the NE game, on the last drive, Trent took 2 sacks, and overall looked lost and unsure about what to do.

In this game, on the last drive, Fitz looked in command of the offense, and knew where he was going.

Agreed, that final drive was a stark contrast to what Trent has done. However, it also showed the good and the bad of Fitz. He's better than Trent in that he can move just enough in pocket to find an open receiver and get the ball downfield. On the other hand, he's just innacurate enough to miss TO with 2 passes and we lose the game.

It's never Perry's boys that jump offsides or block in the back or below the knees or hold etc. etc. Today, AVP and his position coaches showed why THEY deserve alot more blame for the outcome of games than they get. TWO touchdowns called back because of stupid penalties by the offensive guys who really should know by now that this crap isn't going to be tolerated. I'm glad, in retrospect, that they picked Fewell to be interim HC. He is rusty and made some bad clock decisions, but that's probably what happens when you go from being in charge of one unit to the entire game and have five !@#$ing days to prepare.

Also, I liked Poz's game alot, too. Florence and Corner, too. And the entire D-Line. And T.O. most of all.

Agreed, that final drive was a stark contrast to what Trent has done. However, it also showed the good and the bad of Fitz. He's better than Trent in that he can move just enough in pocket to find an open receiver and get the ball downfield. On the other hand, he's just innacurate enough to miss TO with 2 passes and we lose the game.

People forget that on this same field, Edwards just 12 months ago marched the team down for a game winning TD.

Trent has lost his confidence and overall he is a better QB then anyone else on the roster.

People forget that on this same field, Edwards just 12 months ago marched the team down for a game winning TD.

Trent has lost his confidence and overall he is a better QB then anyone else on the roster.

Playing the way he has this season, I would disagree. He may have played some great games and had some great potential; but that is all in the past. He's not been good in quite some time.

Trent may have a better skill set than Fitz, but the difference in leadership is blatantly in favor of Fitz.

And the players are reacting to it.

So unless Trent figures out how to be a leader, his career is destined for back up status.