Actually, A Perfect Outcome Today

BuffaloBaumer

Although I would have loved a win for Fewell, this was perfect for the long run scenario. Congrats to Fitz on making this look like a real football game for once.

Except that with majority of the team injured or on IR or out for the season, were gonna need 15-20 draft picks and FA pickups next year. Figure an average of 5 FA pickups on a usual year anyway.

Things look bad...

Actually, I would say the outcome was almost a worst-case scenario, with the potentially career-threatening injury to our promising 1st round draft pick who could help stabilize the offensive line for years to come.

But please, carry on.

Actually, I would say the outcome was almost a worst-case scenario, with the potentially career-threatening injury to our promising #1 draft pick who could help stabilize the offensive line for years to come.

But please, carry on.

Agreed. We move up one spot in the 2010 Draft, but we face the potential career loss of our first rounder from the 2009 Draft. Somehow I'd rather give up that one spot and get Eric back.

Let's just hope for some good news.

Hey, at least they went down swinging for once.

I would take Fitzgerald throwing inaccurate down-field passes over Edwards' gutless checkdowns any day. Trent's brand of QB play makes for unwatchable football. It was nice to see our QB at least attempt to make big boy throws.

Actually, I would say the outcome was almost a worst-case scenario, with the potentially career-threatening injury to our promising 1st round draft pick who could help stabilize the offensive line for years to come.

But please, carry on.

+2

Hey, at least they went down swinging for once.

I would take Fitzgerald throwing inaccurate down-field passes over Edwards' gutless checkdowns any day. Trent's brand of QB play makes for unwatchable football. It was nice to see our QB at least attempt to make big boy throws.

right on.

Except that with majority of the team injured or on IR or out for the season, were gonna need 15-20 draft picks and FA pickups next year. Figure an average of 5 FA pickups on a usual year anyway.

Things look bad...

Amen. Moreover, who is confident that we will draft more than one or two decent players? And when was the last time we actually brought in a free agent who made the team significantly better? (I say this as I am watching a couple of NE free agent aquisitions: Moss and Welker dominate the Jets.)

Then I start thinking about who would actually want to come to Buffalo. The Bills made a reasonable offer for Tony Gonzalez, who had indicated he wanted out of KC. When told of the offer, Tony said, well maybe I'll stay in KC until next year. Today he is a happier man.

The Wood injury overrides any positives, I am afraid.

Oh, nonsense. The Wood injury just ensures that the Bills are more likely to lose out, improving their draft position and letting them get a better player in April. What's more, with Wood's injury potentially severe enough that he could conceivably not see action NEXT year, the Bills are in that much better shape to pick in the top-5 of the 2011 draft as well.

Because, really...if idiots are going to root for losses, they shouldn't do it halfway. :unsure:

But please, carry on.

+3

But please, carry on.

Dude he broke bones - he will be fine.

Oh, nonsense. The Wood injury just ensures that the Bills are more likely to lose out, improving their draft position and letting them get a better player in April. What's more, with Wood's injury potentially severe enough that he could conceivably not see action NEXT year, the Bills are in that much better shape to pick in the top-5 of the 2011 draft as well.

Because, really...if idiots are going to root for losses, they shouldn't do it halfway. :unsure:

This post had nothing to do with Wood and I never said I was cheering for a loss. No wonder I wasn't hungry, so many words thrown into my mouth. Thanks for showing up though........................

You are the nonsense. Say what you want about the Bills drafts and their free agent pickups BUT they did well in drafting Wood. Hopefully his injury is not as bad as it looked because this guy looks like he could be good for a long time. The guy is a rookie. Playing out these games in 2009 would have helped him and the Bills for next year. What gives you the confidence that the Bills will pick the right guy anyway whether it is a top 5 pick, a top 10 pick, or a top 15 pick anyway?

You are the nonsense. Say what you want about the Bills drafts and their free agent pickups BUT they did well in drafting Wood. Hopefully his injury is not as bad as it looked because this guy looks like he could be good for a long time. The guy is a rookie. Playing out these games in 2009 would have helped him and the Bills for next year. What gives you the confidence that the Bills will pick the right guy anyway whether it is a top 5 pick, a top 10 pick, or a top 15 pick anyway?

I think he was trying to throw some sarcasm around the place

Guest dog14787

But please, carry on.

+4

Although I would have loved a win for Fewell, this was perfect for the long run scenario. Congrats to Fitz on making this look like a real football game for once.

agreed. I take back everything Ive saaid about Trent. he is done here. Fitz made it look like those guys were as open as they have been all season. TE needs a new head since the wilson hit