Edwards revisited

Coach Tuesday

It does, except this time the other WRs seemed to agree, and the QB at issue was promptly benched.

I think that Trent is a good young QB. I have said that before and do not have time today (preparing for an out-of-town mediation) to rehash all of this. Is he the perfect QB? No. Would it help him if we had a better offensive line (a line that gets worse and more depleted each week)? Yes. Does he have the potential to be a very good QB? Yes. In Buffalo? He probably will not be given the time in Buffalo (which is a shame because I think that there are more glaring priorities on this team).

I suspect that Trent is going to get run out of town and people (as many on this board) will blame him for our woes. If that is the case, we are kidding ourselves. Whoever our QB is next year, we better assemble an NFL quality offensive line that is equiped to protect the QB, open holes, grind out yards, and play in Buffalo weather. If we do not do that, we are just going to repeat the same mistake that we have made year after year. It will not make any difference who the QB is.

As for TO, I would love to hear what he has to say about his dropped balls and taking plays off. I also noticed that he had alligator arms yesterday on that one play. That was the kind of play that separates a guy like Andre Reed from TO. I was excited and hoping for the best when we signed TO. I defended him. For the most part, he has held himself in check. Yet, the more I watch him, the more I am begining to wonder whether Joanna Krupa (of all people) was right about him.

Just my two cents.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have been to any of the games this year then you would see that Trent misses a lot of receivers that are open. Jim Kelly has spoke about this. You don't see it when watching it on TV but apparently these situations happen all the time with Trent. I'm not discrediting that Trent my still have some side effects from the concussion, but I know that he consistently misses T. O. and Evens when they are open.

I'll take anyone that puts up 297 yrds passing in a game over Trent anyday.

Guest dog14787
If you have been to any of the games this year then you would see that Trent misses a lot of receivers that are open. Jim Kelly has spoke about this. You don't see it when watching it on TV but apparently these situations happen all the time with Trent. I'm not discrediting that Trent my still have some side effects from the concussion, but I know that he consistently misses T. O. and Evens when they are open.

I'll take anyone that puts up 297 yrds passing in a game over Trent anyday.

Jim kelly is also best friends with AVP and his best friend is looking for excuses in my opinion.

Jim kelly is also best friends with AVP and his best friend is looking for excuses in my opinion.

Re AVP, check out this comment from Allen Wilson's chat this morning:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

9:50 [Comment From Iceman Iceman : ]

Noticed the offense had a much different look yesterday. More 3 and 4 reciever sets. Is that why they were able to get TO out of double coverage and if so why did it take so long to do it?

9:51 [AW] Multiple receiver sets and pre-snap motion were all the things Alex Van Pelt wanted to do all along. But Jauron wanted to keep the offense too basic. That's why they struggled so much.

Guest dog14787
Re AVP, check out this comment from Allen Wilson's chat this morning:

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/

9:50 [Comment From Iceman Iceman : ]

Noticed the offense had a much different look yesterday. More 3 and 4 reciever sets. Is that why they were able to get TO out of double coverage and if so why did it take so long to do it?

9:51 [AW] Multiple receiver sets and pre-snap motion were all the things Alex Van Pelt wanted to do all along. But Jauron wanted to keep the offense too basic. That's why they struggled so much.

When TO made a comment earlier in the year that gave the impression the Bills offense lacked the sophistication to get him open I remembered what had happened earlier on with Shonert and drew a connection.

AVP, running his own offense would probably look allot different, no doubt about it, and this is still working off the remnants of Fairchilds and Shonerts original offense. (Something Thurman Thomas pointed out to me in a chat on twitter yesterday)

When TO made a comment earlier in the year that gave the impression the Bills offense lacked the sophistication to get him open I remembered what had happened earlier on with Shonert and drew a connection.

AVP, running his own offense would probably look allot different, no doubt about it, and this is still working off the remnants of Fairchilds and Shonerts original offense. (Something Thurman Thomas pointed out to me in a chat on twitter yesterday)

I actually saw Owens in motion yesterday. I blinked, rubbed my eyes and looked again. Sure enough...the was in motion prior to the snap.

But...let's leave the end arounds to Rock Parrish out of the game plan.

JC:

My strong belief is that Turk's firing was Jauron's doing.

AVP and Jauron traveled to Mr. Wilson's home after Turk was fired. And if you need any more proof that Dick fired Turk, it was in Turk's candid response, referring to the coach (not the owner) for wanting some Pop Warner attack.

I can't go into further detail into what I know.

jw

John W, Thanks for the info. It seems that Jauron is comfortable with a vey simplistic offense. Playing not to lose is part of his DNA. The NFL is designed to favor the offense. One would think that Jauron understood that and would make adjustments to his philosophy.

Dick Jauron has received a lot of forceful criticisms during his tenure. What he can't be criticized for is that his team always played hard. The truth of the matter is that the team is overmatched against most opponents. His season was doomed from the start of the season when Peters and Walker were let go and the team didn't have a credible fallback position to fill in the gap at LT. Thinking that the sluggish Langston Walker and unprepared Demetrius Bell could handle the position was a gross miscalculation. I'm not even sure that Jauron had a say on the Peters situation and the Walker departure which was an outright financial situation.

Want you to know that I appreciate your insights. You and Tim Graham and Lori add much to the board.

Don't lose too much sleep over it. They coaches have 6 more weeks to polish their resumes.

Not new news to some of us, but makes one wonder where those posters that thought it was a great idea to simplify the offense even more at the time of Schonert's firing went. Not quite a total coincidence that they finally use a little motion and some 10, 11 personnel and have the longest play in franchise history.

My, that was a real good look into your bloated egotistical head, wasn't it? And your attacks on "the masses" sorta make you look like a BUNCH of "nameless" trolls I've seen around here. Very informative. What a piece of work you are LMAO. Seriously. Go write an informative article that tells me things I need to know, and I won't criticize you. Simple.

fu

i won't deny having a healthy ego, and it's also become readily apparent that i'm able to string a post together without resorting to profanities. there's really no place for that.

jw

i won't deny having a healthy ego, and it's also become readily apparent that i'm able to string a post together without resorting to profanities. there's really no place for that.

jw

John W., There has been a lot of commentary on the peculiar organizational structure of the Bills with a marketing person acting as the COO of the football operations. Given that, who does Ralph Wilson listen to or talk to when he wants to express his views? Is Russ Brandon his go to person or does he go to Modrak or anyone else when wanting to discuss issues regarding the team. Is Jeff Littman or Oberdorf his "inside" people who he rlies on for advice? From a football standpoint the "system" (Ralph's system) is designed to fail on the field and succeed on the ledger sheet.

How is it that the owner has been satisfied with the performances of John Guy (pro scout) and Tom Modrak (college scout) for the past decade when their performances have not measured up to a high standard? There is a disconnect here that borders on irrationality. :rolleyes:

John W., There has been a lot of commentary on the peculiar organizational structure of the Bills with a marketing person acting as the COO of the football operations. Given that, who does Ralph Wilson listen to or talk to when he wants to express his views? Is Russ Brandon his go to person or does he go to Modrak or anyone else when wanting to discuss issues regarding the team. Is Jeff Littman or Oberdorf his "inside" people who he rlies on for advice? From a football standpoint the "system" (Ralph's system) is designed to fail on the field and succeed on the ledger sheet.

How is it that the owner has been satisfied with the performances of John Guy (pro scout) and Tom Modrak (college scout) for the past decade when their performances have not measured up to a high standard? There is a disconnect here that borders on irrationality. :rolleyes:

without going into detail, it's a back-and-forth.

ie:

-- when Mr. Wilson learned T.O. was cut by Dallas, he called Russ to sign him.

-- there are other times when Mr. Wilson, as team president and owner, relies on suggestions from his front-office people before signing off on moves, signings.

and it's because of this setup why it's difficult to judge the jobs Modrak and Guy are doing.

jw

Guest dog14787

I'm a big Trent Edwards fan, suppose I have been since day one and I also love my Buffalo Bills, but at this point I don't want TE to play for Buffalo anymore...

oh i think i know what happened. they gave new coach trents "best of moments" and fewell said, "thats it?"

then he yanked his ass. like i would have.

There were rumors out there from Monday before Dick was fired that Fitz would be named starter vs. Jaguars. Trent was making the same non reads he has for 3 years and finally, enough is freakin' enough. Even of Dick.

Funny how Fitz can find the open recievers 10-15 yards downfield that Trent never could. Now him acutally getting the ball there is another story. :lol:

without going into detail, it's a back-and-forth.

ie:

-- when Mr. Wilson learned T.O. was cut by Dallas, he called Russ to sign him.

-- there are other times when Mr. Wilson, as team president and owner, relies on suggestions from his front-office people before signing off on moves, signings.

and it's because of this setup why it's difficult to judge the jobs Modrak and Guy are doing.

jw

John W., What is not difficult to judge is the result of this dysfunctional organizational structure: systemic failure. Ralph enjoys playing with his toy. Having a mercurial 91 yr old owner making major decisions doesn't bode very well for success when you are competing against knowledgeable football people such as Bellichick and Parcells. :lol:

I'm a big Trent Edwards fan, suppose I have been since day one and I also love my Buffalo Bills, but at this point I don't want TE to play for Buffalo anymore...

for the best of the team, or for the best of Edwards?

Please don't be wishy-washy and say "both".

Guest dog14787
for the best of the team, or for the best of Edwards?

Please don't be wishy-washy and say "both".

Who me, nawwww, never

The current Coaching staff, players and fan base are all rooting for Ryan Fitzpatrick to take TE's place as the starter and I want everyone to get what they are all hoping for and what in my opinion everyone deserves.

To one day watch Trent Edwards carry another football team to the playoffs and beyond.

The best thing for Trent Edwards of course...

Guest dog14787
sounds like you're more of an Edwards fan than you are a Bills fan.

Edwards doesn't have a future here.

I could say the same thing about all of T.O.'s sheep.

We need to draft our future QB and maybe the next guy will have better luck.