You have one choice for Gm and one choice for HC

OnTheRocks

GM: I would make a run at Ernie Accorsi. I know he is retired...but I would put together an offer he couldn't refuse.

Head Coach: Mike Shanahan. Some may say, he lost his team before he was fired and he caught lightening in a bottle with Elway and Davis. I think he is more than that - and a coach that will "LEAD" the team.

Shanny may not take a posistion coaching without total control....but these are the two I would go with.

These two would also cost a BOAT load of money...but that is what it will take to bring in a proven winner.

I would rather try to get Ron Wolf out of retirement. He did a fantastic job in Green Bay. He knows the challenges of building a team in a smaller market.

Ron Wolf would be a great choice...I am saying its Gabriel out of Chicago for GM...IIRC there was lots of speculation of him succeeding TD. RW brought Marv in because of his trust in him to clean up the mess. Brandon is an SJF and syracuse area guy and Gabriel is a Buffalo guy. I expect Ralph to keep with the people associated with the area or organization. As far as HC, I am going to say its Marty or Haslett...keeping with the area or organizational ties theme (not that I necessarily want either of them...I would say Shanny hands down)

I would rather try to get Ron Wolf out of retirement. He did a fantastic job in Green Bay. He knows the challenges of building a team in a smaller market.

How hard is it to get players to sign with GB??

Accorsi is a good choice.

Shanny overy Marty, tho not by much.

Haslett under no circumstances.

ozzie newsome from Baltimore. He knows player personnel and has done the best job in getting and keeping quality personnel of anyone in the game. We have had enough of the "Seasoned" pros. Those guys have had their day in the sun and are not going be charging into this situation with the energy that turning this around is going to take.

Coach? Get a good solid offensive co-ordinator for a winning and offensively productive team.

I would consider Charlie Wies if Notre Dame lets him go.

I think that for GM the person has to have worked in a successful operation. I'd try for Ozzie at the Ravens, then look through his staff for people who have adopted and know the Ravens system and philosophy. Scott Pioli of New England is another possibility. You need someone who understands winning and all it takes to get there.

For GM I like the idea of Accorsi and Wolf because both are proven winners. I would also consider Chris Polian as well.

Chris is young and looking to break out of his dads shadow to create his own legacy.

For HC I lean toward Marty because he has a proven track record for building teams and creating a winner.

Lets face it Norv Turner could not have built San Diego in to the winner it is.

Shanahan lucked out with Elway and Davis (mainly Davis). Once they left he had a hard time winning on that level.

Haslett will have Bills fans wishing Jauron was back. Not a good choice here. Years of experience and not a proven winner.

Billick, I would be against this pick as well. He just could not evaluate the QB position. When he did find a QB to take him to a Superbowl, he stupidly cut him the next year. Many people thought Billick was the reason they never returned to the big game.

Who ever is named HC has many former HC's to choose from that would make great coordinators.

I think that for GM the person has to have worked in a successful operation. I'd try for Ozzie at the Ravens, then look through his staff for people who have adopted and know the Ravens system and philosophy. Scott Pioli of New England is another possibility. You need someone who understands winning and all it takes to get there.

Difficult and expensive to hire someone that is already under contract.

I can say I'm glad Pioli is out of the running. I am also glad all of the hot shot assistants out of NE are gone too. I hate that team, I don't want Cassel as my starting QB or Manginius, Romeo, Charile or anyone else out of NE....I don't want anyone with ties to the Cheatriots*.

Difficult and expensive to build a playoff team out of what we have. Difficult and expensive isn't impossible...its just difficult and expensive.

Maybe impossible he is esconsed (and the toast of the town with a SB and proven winner) in a cool rich market between Philly and DC, great weather, nice atmosphere, etc. Dragging him and family to Buffalo may well be impossible at any cost. Don't know how old his kids are but family is also I am sure something he would consider. Not knowing how great East Aurora is first hand.