Mike Lombardi's suggestion to Brandon:

Coach Tuesday

Good read - he left off - need a QB with a cannon because if you have to throw in the Ralph you better have the arm. There is at least one if not two very windy games played there every year the Bills need to use this to their advantage. Trentative was way too much of a finesse, if not simply crappy, QB.

Leif Larson

Mike Rockwood

Mike Williams

Langston Walker

Drew Bledsoe

All huge, all sucked!

I don't disagree with some of his ideology thought. Bills games are often played in craptastic conditions. Our players used to embrace the most miserable weather and opposing teams used to HATE coming to Buffalo. I remember watching Bruce warm up in December wearing T Shirt and the other teams players were basically wearing parkas.

I don't know if he's still interested in coaching but Buffalo is the perfect place for Shanahan. He knows how to play in the cold and is a GREAT offensive mind.

Leif Larson

Mike Rockwood

Mike Williams

Langston Walker

Drew Bledsoe

All huge, all sucked!

I don't disagree with some of his ideology thought. Bills games are often played in craptastic conditions. Our players used to embrace the most miserable weather and opposing teams used to HATE coming to Buffalo. I remember watching Bruce warm up in December wearing T Shirt and the other teams players were basically wearing parkas.

I don't know if he's still interested in coaching but Buffalo is the perfect place for Shanahan. He knows how to play in the cold and is a GREAT offensive mind.

Great post Mike. We don't need big players, we need NFL caliber players.

Newsflash for Lombardi that the Bills have been pretty terrible on the road and when the weather's nice in Buffalo.

I think he's anticipating the day when the Bills can actually get a home game in the playoffs and play meaningful home games in December. As a consequence of the last decade, I think fans have forgotten that these things actually happen.

Great piece by Lombardi.

I think he's anticipating the day when the Bills can actually get a home game in the playoffs and play meaningful home games in December. As a consequence of the last decade, I think fans have forgotten that these things actually happen.

Great piece by Lombardi.

The Bills are bad in all weather. Honestly, if that was the point he was making then it's even worse because they need to get players who can make it to the playoffs first.

Good read - he left off - need a QB with a cannon because if you have to throw in the Ralph you better have the arm. There is at least one if not two very windy games played there every year the Bills need to use this to their advantage. Trentative was way too much of a finesse, if not simply crappy, QB.

I seem to recall that when Kelly was around, the word was that it was the ability to throw a really tight spiral that determined a QB's success at the Ralph. Is that my imagination, or does anyone else remember that?

I'm reading Lombardi's column and this sentence stops me dead in my tracks (I haven't read the rest of the article yet): "They have breakdowns in three areas: players, coaching and scheme." I read that sentence over and over and asked myself: "Are there ANY other areas in which a team could have breakdowns." I mean this sounds like the mother of all dysfunctional organizations. (Although I am glad that they took the baby step of firing an inept coach. Let's see if Ralph has the stones to clean house.)