Jon gruden

holmgren

Marty Schottenheimer

Mike Shanahan

Bob Stoops

mike leach

jim harbaugh

those are the only guys i could picture winning a SB

I would love Cowher. He would have total control. I want nothing to do with most of the rest of your list, though (the NFL guys, at least - don't know enough about the college guys). Gruden ruined Dungy's great Tampa Bay team after that first season. I think the game has passed Holmgren by (or it will soon), and I couldn't stand watching the Seahawks play under him - so ugly. I've never seen a team run so many quick curls from the trips formation. Schottenheimer would be an excellent coach if he wasn't such a horrendous game-day coach, especially in the playoffs. He helped build a monster in SD just to piss it all away when the playoffs came around. And I would like Shanahan too, although his defense was horrendous the past few seasons. At least Josh McDaniels knew to bring Mike Nolan in for defense. I don't have the same faith in Perry Fewell or the cover 2 scheme we run.

Clayton just said on ESPN that he sees Jim Haslett as the most likely HC. What do you think?

Didn't he have a falling out with Ralph a while back? I thought I remembered that being the reason he was not considered for the HC spot here years ago. Does anyone remember this?

He would not be at the top of my list (given his age), but I also have a lot of respect for Dan Reeves.

For the most part, I really like your list of the NFL guys on your list.

Dan's my man. He's number 1 on my list. He's only 65. That's not too old to coach in the NFL. He was played/coached in 9 Super Bowls! This man knows Super Bowls. He took Denver from nowhere to there and the same with Atlanta. He could do the same with us.

I think even Ralph now knows he can't go cheap, he can't go with an unknown and he can't go with a young college guy. Everyone is saying Ralph needs to go big or go home. My first choice would be Bill Cowher but I have a feeling Charlie Weis is going to get thrown out of South Bend in two weeks and that could be part of the reason why Ralph ash canned Jauron today. As soon as Weis is free, Fewell is the interim to satisfy the Rooney Rule, we all get an early Christmas gift and CW is the new guy. I know the bitching will be endless but Charlie is an offensive guy, has head coaching experience and was with New England. A good fit here if you ask me. Tony Dungy may be considered and we all know where he goes, Vick will follow. Billick may also be in the conversation. My feeling is that it will be Weis and it will happen before Christmas. I would be satisfied with that choice.

No love for Charlie Weiss? Wouldn't mind seeing Charlie at the very least our OC, and I think the guy can be a decent Head Coach in the pros playing on an equal playing field.

Right. Notre Dame has really won big with Charlie in charge. :thumbsup: And we all we need is a Bellicheat disciple coaching this team. I would always be wondering who Weis was really working for. No thanks on Weis.

Here's some coaching names:

Jim Fassell

Jim Haslett (John Clayton think his Bills connection makes him a contender.)

Here's a scary possibilty: Ted Cottrell! (shudder!)

PTR

I think even Ralph now knows he can't go cheap, he can't go with an unknown and he can't go with a young college guy. Everyone is saying Ralph needs to go big or go home. My first choice would be Bill Cowher but I have a feeling Charlie Weis is going to get thrown out of South Bend in two weeks and that could be part of the reason why Ralph ash canned Jauron today. As soon as Weis is free, Fewell is the interim to satisfy the Rooney Rule, we all get an early Christmas gift and CW is the new guy. I know the bitching will be endless but Charlie is an offensive guy, has head coaching experience and was with New England. A good fit here if you ask me. Tony Dungy may be considered and we all know where he goes, Vick will follow. Billick may also be in the conversation. My feeling is that it will be Weis and it will happen before Christmas. I would be satisfied with that choice.

Weis would make Bills fans pine for the Dick Jauron era. Weis would be an unmittigated disaster. We just went through 3+ years of a guy who had a history of failure. Why hire another HC who hasn't succeeded anywhere as a HC, much less in the NFL?

PTR

Clayton just said on ESPN that he sees Jim Haslett as the most likely HC. What do you think?

Here's another scary possibility. A coach with a history with the Bills, a failure in every HC job he's had, but he meets the Rooney rule. Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you...Ted Cottrell!

PTR

Right. Notre Dame has really won big with Charlie in charge. :thumbsup: And we all we need is a Bellicheat disciple coaching this team. I would always be wondering who Weis was really working for. No thanks on Weis.

Here's some coaching names:

Jim Fassell

Jim Haslett (John Clayton think his Bills connection makes him a contender.)

Here's a scary possibilty: Ted Cottrell! (shudder!)

PTR

Exactly, he's sucked at the 2nd best pro team in Indiana. He was an assistant to Bill Bellyache. So what? So was Mangini.

On your list I like Jim Fassel best. Please NO FRIGGINWAY WAY to Haslett. He's coached around 100 games in the NFL and has a winning percentage eerily close to Dick's. No thanks.

Chuck Dickerson!!
Marty Ball would be a great choice to lead this team...He is a Bill and he is a winner.....Ok, he has not one in the big games...But neither did Tony Dungy and he finally got the monkey off his back. He is truly the best Coach available who might come here. Gruden...would be fun a no nonsense work aholic who likes to to Drink....sounds like Buffalo.... Shannahan...no thanks......

I want an attitude to be brought in......Tomlin, Peyton, that sort....I don't care he he was the coach at Buffalo Sate beofre this job as long as he held people responsible. Anyone catch that A Thomas is in The Hoode's dog house...How is it that Belecheck can tame Randy Moss and we let TO run all over the sidelines blaming everyone. Hire a GM and a let him bring in the COach and then let him pick the Coordinators. I disagree that Fewell is a talent....Why because hiring a minority coach is politcally correct...I don't have th etime fo rhim to be a head coach!

Don't screw around. Give us Cowher or Dungy. Nobody else is worth it or will make an impact. All the rest are past their prime, not worth the money, or overrated. Including Billick and Gruden.

Exactly.

Thing is, if Russ is looking into a true GM, Cowher won't be here.

I think the dark horse is Dungy. Kinda been having that feeling for a little

while. Only thing is, don't want it to be with Vick.