And now this: John Gruden - "I probably will coach again"

Peter

I really don't see Gruden coaching next year, now that he just signed the extension with ESPN. He'll be the top choice in 2011. Unfortunately, at least in my view, this means that he won't be coming to Buffalo. I was hoping we had a chance at Gruden.

;)

Gruden still sounds like a coach at heart, even talking during Monday night's game about wanting to hire Ed Reed as an assistant. But Gruden told King that for now, he's happy enough sharing the booth with Mike Tirico and Ron Jaworski that he's willing to say he won't coach in 2010.

I really don't see Gruden coaching next year, now that he just signed the extension with ESPN. He'll be the top choice in 2011. Unfortunately, at least in my view, this means that he won't be coming to Buffalo. I was hoping we had a chance at Gruden.

People can always change their minds.

I was never enamoured with Gruden. He inherited an excellent team with Tampa, won a SB the first year, and gradually the team slid into oblivion. He is a "quarterback guru", yet has failed to develop a quarterback. His offenses were never great. The Bills desparately need someone who has proven they can build a competitve team. This team needs to built, not rebuilt, because it hasn't been built at all for a decade. To me, the best names available are Cowher and Shanahan, with Holmgren also in the mix. Unfortunately, it's doubtful we'd get any of them.

I was never enamoured with Gruden. He inherited an excellent team with Tampa, won a SB the first year, and gradually the team slid into oblivion. He is a "quarterback guru", yet has failed to develop a quarterback. His offenses were never great. The Bills desparately need someone who has proven they can build a competitve team. This team needs to built, not rebuilt, because it hasn't been built at all for a decade. To me, the best names available are Cowher and Shanahan, with Holmgren also in the mix. Unfortunately, it's doubtful we'd get any of them.

You're forgetting that that Super Bowl was the Gruden Bowl...he built that Raiders team that he beat with the Bucs.

Really unfair to say he inhereted a great team while ignoring that fact.

He really knows the game and has a great personality. I would think he would hold an interesting press conference

versus the coachspeak we have heard for years here. We could do a lot worse than Chucky.

He built a good Raiders squad that may have gone to the Super Bowl the year NE benefitted from the Tuck rule.

Part of the Bucs problem was some of their core guys got old.