FU Marv

zazie

That whole FU is just the wrong attitude. It is not just what Marv did for the Bills but what he has done for the entire NFL.

Marv didn't sabotage the team. He truly tried. At his age he did not have to work but he sincerely wanted to try and help the Bills.

But he is a coach and not a personnel guy. Like any other talent you have to pay the dues and learn what you are doing.

Marv was a rookie at it.

Matt Milan was a player and announcer but that hardly qualified him as a GM. His rookie decisions showed.

Knowing football does not make someone qualified to be a good GM.

The fact that Marv was not qualified to be a GM was known when he was hired. That he shows no accountability for his sh*tty work is worthy of a BIG FU MARV. But then, Marv never demanded accountability as a coach so what else is new.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FU Marv.... Dude FU

Marv was the best thing that happened to the bills. Dont forget that

I think the best thing to happen to this team was Bill Polian. Marv was a class act and great coach, but Polian wins where ever he goes. Carolina made it to the championship game in their second year in the league. We all see the Indianapolis "Bills" can do. I think the biggest move this off season will be the hiring of the GM/President of the Buffalo Bills

And to the guys who say FU to Marv:

Marv Levy is the only coach in NFL history to win four consecutive league championship games.

Does the greatest accomplishment of your professional life surpass him in his chosen profession.

I don't see what one has to do with the other. He was an average coach who caught on with the best GM in the history of the NFL. Polian put together an unreal roster of talent including multiple pro bowlers and HOF'ers and Marv got the keys to the Ferarri. And somehow because he was the beneficiary of that he's immune to criticism? And those who criticize aren't Bills fans? He was a horrible GM, his first FA signees were Fowler, Price, Reyes, Tripplett, Royal and Nall. He followed that with two terribe drafts, YEAH TWO TERRIBLE DRAFTS! I'm sorry that you are the President of the Bills Fan Club but loyalty is the reason why the Bills are in this mess. I wouldn't say FU to Marv, but I'd tell him that he is THE main reason why the Bills are in a tailspin.

I agree with your analysis of Marv's tenure as a head coach and as a GM. The classlessness of the original post--and people's negative responses to such--apparently have distracted attention from the points you've raised.

First off, the OP was totally out of line with his remark. That said, Marv's two drafts were the disasters you've described.

1a) Donte Whitner, 8th overall

1b) John McCargo. (Nick Mangold--arguably the best center in the NFL--was taken a pick or two later)

3) Ashton Youboty

4) Ko Simpson

5a) Kyle Williams

5b) Brad Butler

6) Keith Ellison

7a) Terrence Pennington

7b) Aaron Merz

1) Marshawn Lynch

2) Paul Posluszny

3) Trent Edwards

4) Dwayne Wright

5) John Wendling

6) Derek Schouman

7) C.J. Ah You

Beyond picking up a few good players on the second day of the 2006 draft, both drafts were deep disappointments. Neither of the first round picks were used on guys who were either a) good football players in relation to where they were being picked, or b) who played positions that Marv should have been addressing at that point in the draft. When you're rebuilding a team from scratch, you start with your offensive line, your defensive line, and your quarterback. Not with strong safeties and RBs! :unsure:

Back in 2006, Marv had the chance to rebuild the team the right way. He could have either drafted Cutler for himself--the Bills needed a QB--or he could have traded down; acquiring Denver's second round pick in the process. A third option would have been to have stayed put and drafted Ngata. Any of those three things would have been much better options than taking Donte Whitner 8th overall!

There were two hallmarks of Marv's drafting. 1) Rather than taking the best available football players, Marv generally reached for players who were less good, based on need. 2) Marv did a lousy job of defining what our team's needs were in the first place. This was mostly a result of his misplaced confidence in his free agent signings.

I think the best thing to happen to this team was Bill Polian. Marv was a class act and great coach, but Polian wins where ever he goes. Carolina made it to the championship game in their second year in the league. We all see the Indianapolis "Bills" can do. I think the biggest move this off season will be the hiring of the GM/President of the Buffalo Bills

And to the guys who say FU to Marv:

Marv Levy is the only coach in NFL history to win four consecutive league championship games.

Does the greatest accomplishment of your professional life surpass him in his chosen profession.

A LOT of the reason Polian always wins is because he picks excellent coaches.

Marv very much included.

A LOT of the reason Polian always wins is because he picks excellent coaches.

Marv very much included.

Marv Levy was a 31 -42 before he met Polian.

Dom Capers was 26-22 with Polian on an expansion team. 22- 58 without Polian.

Tony Dungy went 54-42 without Polian. 85 and 27 with Polian. .759 WINNING %!!!!!

In 8 years as HC of Wake Forest, Jim Caldwell had a total of 12 wins. In his first season as HC of the Colts, they are undefeated at 9 and 0 and will surpass 12 wns.

So let me get this straight, you think it's the coaches who make Polian who he is?

I don't see what one has to do with the other. He was an average coach who caught on with the best GM in the history of the NFL. Polian put together an unreal roster of talent including multiple pro bowlers and HOF'ers and Marv got the keys to the Ferarri. And somehow because he was the beneficiary of that he's immune to criticism? And those who criticize aren't Bills fans? He was a horrible GM, his first FA signees were Fowler, Price, Reyes, Tripplett, Royal and Nall. He followed that with two terribe drafts, YEAH TWO TERRIBLE DRAFTS! I'm sorry that you are the President of the Bills Fan Club but loyalty is the reason why the Bills are in this mess. I wouldn't say FU to Marv, but I'd tell him that he is THE main reason why the Bills are in a tailspin.

That's about right.

Tony Dungy went 54-42 without Polian. 85 and 27 with Polian. .759 WINNING %!!!!!

In 8 years as HC of Wake Forest, Jim Caldwell had a total of 12 wins. In his first season as HC of the Colts, they are undefeated at 9 and 0 and will surpass 12 wns.

So let me get this straight, you think it's the coaches who make Polian who he is?

If those numbers are true, that is freaking amazing.

I don't think anyone doubts how great Polian is and how easily he assembles talent...he knows how to load a team up, only a real moron for a coach would screw up what he puts together...but damn, those numbers are just astounding.

So let me get this straight - you're professing Polian's brilliance, yes? And it was Polian who hired Levy , yes? (One of his very first moves after being promoted to Bills' GM.) Maybe hiring good coaches has something to do with Polian's success?

All you idiots who ignorantly refuse to recognize NFL Hall-of-Famer Marv Levy's coaching achievements are...well...idiots. Try listening to what his HOF players say about the man, before you shoot your collective stupid mouths off.

i'm sorry, but marv was an absolute train wreck here as GM. I went to all 3 of the AFC championships games here. He was a good coach. BUT HE WAS A TERRIBLE GM! He was absolutely awful. I now officially hate Marv Levy. The game has passed him by. Anyone that thinks differently should listen to the interviews he did a couple weeks ago in Buffalo to pimp his new book.

i'm sorry, but marv was an absolute train wreck here as GM. I went to all 3 of the AFC championships games here. He was a good coach. BUT HE WAS A TERRIBLE GM! He was absolutely awful. I now officially hate Marv Levy. The game has passed him by. Anyone that thinks differently should listen to the interviews he did a couple weeks ago in Buffalo to pimp his new book.

:rolleyes: Thanks for making it official.

idiot. professing hate for a man he doesnt even know in a profression he personally could never work successfully. you are truly an idiot with a narrow scope

idiot. professing hate for a man he doesnt even know in a profression he personally could never work successfully. you are truly an idiot with a narrow scope

You still like Marv Levy, considering he was the one who pushed for Jauron? Bringing him back was a terrible idea. He ruined your football team - you still like the guy?

I appreciate what he did as a coach. He was good. But I hate him for ruining our current football team.