Jerry Jabber

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

What are these signs of promise you speak of? Not shitting himself on short throws like JP used to?

It might be the concussions, it's not the offensive line, it's not the play calling, it's not the coaches.

As discussed in another thread, another poster and I gave Trent the one-onethousand count in the pocket and most times we made it to 3 or 4 before Trent checked down. That's not the offensive line's fault.

The receivers are running their routes (successfully it would seem), hence the sidelines blow up. Other people in attendance have attested to receivers being open down the field.

It's not bad coaching either. If he's being benched it means he's not doing what he's coached to do.

The signs of promise I mentioned were the first 4 games last season before the Adrian Wilson hit.

You mean to tell me we have a good offensive line? Please... how many times this year have our QB's been pressured and hit? Constantly

You think are coaches are good? Our coaches suck!!!!!!! There's no sugar coating that, they suck!!!!!

I agree that Edwards is not reading the defenses correctly and opts for the short pass. I would like to see Edwards with a decent offensive line and good coaches around him, if he is still doing the same things as he is currently doing, then you know for sure he is a bust. Under current conditions (terrible coaches, bad offensive line) it's not a fair assessment, in my opinion.

"The End" - The Doors

I am referring to DJ and not TE. TE will go on to have a good career in the NFL either with us or someone else. If this is true, DJ just confirmed what a lot of people already have been saying -- he should not be a head coach in the NFL.

There is no way that this catastrophe of a season is due to TE. While he is not Tom Brady or Manning, he is not one of the major problems on this team. I realize that I am probably in the minority among the majority of posters on this board.

Nevertheless, unless and until they fix the offensive line, it makes very little difference who they put in at QB.

The signs of promise I mentioned were the first 4 games last season before the Adrian Wilson hit.

You mean to tell me we have a good offensive line? Please... how many times this year have our QB's been pressured and hit? Constantly

You think are coaches are good? Our coaches suck!!!!!!! There's no sugar coating that, they suck!!!!!

I agree that Edwards is not reading the defenses correctly and opts for the short pass. I would like to see Edwards with a decent offensive line and good coaches around him, if he is still doing the same things as he is currently doing, then you know for sure he is a bust. Under current conditions (terrible coaches, bad offensive line) it's not a fair assessment, in my opinion.

I agree.

I know your post was not directed at me. But I have always been skeptical about Trent but wanted desperately for him to be the one so we get stability at that position. However, at this point, putting Fitz in does nothing at all unless Trent has totally given up on the game/Bills/season. If that is the case, then I would cut him outright a la Hobert.

Why would Trent giving up make a difference if he should start or not?

He's not getting the job done, regardless of the reason or rationale. Plan A was to develop TE while he played. Plan A has turned out to be an utter disaster.

Time for Plan B.

You're the second person to argue against the metrics of our offensive line. THREE TO FOUR SECONDS. Did I say they were good? Hardly. But three to four seconds for the quarterback to stand in the pocket is plenty of time to find a receiver downfield.

I also never said the coaches were good. I said that if he's being pulled, he's not doing what the coaches tell him to, so they're not to blame, Trent is.

I'd be surprised if Trent starts for another team in the next three years.

Trent must have really F-'d up in order to get benched. I mean seriously, we've seen games where he was so much worse than last Sunday's game at Tennessee and he never faced any consequences. Now he is suddenly getting benched for Fitz? (who i like but hasn't shown a great deal of promise as a starter).

To me this has more to do with Edwards' mental state than physical. I've read alot about him lacking passion for football. Maybe his coaches and teammates have finally seen enough of this? Maybe after a bad series or game they are tired of his "whatever" attitude....and want someone in there who is more of a respected leader. From what i read, the O-lineman and other players have a lot of respect for Fitz and what he brings to the huddle.

And BTW- that pick six last week on Fitz was 100% TO's fault. it went right through his hands to the defender.