Brandon got his work cut out for him.

gjv001

How do you sell this team to the public next year? Every aspect of this team is a huge negative. They have a boring pathetic offense, a boring head coach, and probably one of the worst run defense teams in NFL history. The only entertainment that will come out of One Bills Dr. in 2010 will be watching how Brandon sells this garbage.

How do you sell this team to the public next year? Every aspect of this team is a huge negative. They have a boring pathetic offense, a boring head coach, and probably one of the worst run defense teams in NFL history. The only entertainment that will come out of One Bills Dr. in 2010 will be watching how Brandon sells this garbage.

If you believe Vic Carucci of NFL.com, the Bills will be pulling up a dumpster and do a full house cleaning at the end of the year. Supposedly Jauron, Modrak, Guy and probably a few position coaches go. That will be the only thing that keeps me from cancelling my seats. Now will they hire anyone good to replace them? :lol:

PTR

If Brandon was the genius they say he is, he would make the move right now to bring a real GM, say it was his idea and throw the rest of the front office under the bus. Then if the new guy succeeds, as does Brandon. Clearly that's the angle that will need to be taken to sell tickets next year anyway.

If Brandon was the genius they say he is, he would make the move right now to bring a real GM, say it was his idea and throw the rest of the front office under the bus. Then if the new guy succeeds, as does Brandon. Clearly that's the angle that will need to be taken to sell tickets next year anyway.

There is no hurry as long as a new GM & HC are in place before the draft.

Easy... sign Vick. it worked with To

A few problems with that

1. TO was productive last year...Vick was on a downslide before he went to prison and hasn't shown to be very good this year, either
  2. A lot of long-time Bills season ticket holders would cancel if a scumbag like Vick was signed...most of us wouldn't sell our soul to the devil for an exciting yet unproductive player
  3. ever heard the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me?" You must think Bills fans are idiots

A few problems with that

1. TO was productive last year...Vick was on a downslide before he went to prison and hasn't shown to be very good this year, either

2. A lot of long-time Bills season ticket holders would cancel if a scumbag like Vick was signed...most of us wouldn't sell our soul to the devil for an exciting yet unproductive player
  3. ever heard the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me?" You must think Bills fans are idiots

Bills fans have been buying into that for the past 10 years...speak for yourself, but if nothing changes and we sign Mike Vick, people will be ecstatic and the seats will be filled next year, again.

You have to be kidding - this is the easiest trick he has to turn yet - let's say on a scale of 1 to 10, Bill's fans' excitement is a 2 right now (only for die hards);

1. You get the free excitement generated when we replace the Dick - add 3 points (everyone will love this)

2. Bring in a capable "Football guy" for the front office - add 1 point (only the die hards will care)

3. Bring in some name to sell jerseys and tickets - Mike Vick - add 3 points

4. Let it leak out that the Bills are one of the players in the City of Indistry CA quest for a team to get the fear factor rising...

Now add in a marque free agent and a shiney new draft pick - 7 Sellouts in WNY - guaranteed....Brandon is a genius!

If you believe Vic Carucci of NFL.com, the Bills will be pulling up a dumpster and do a full house cleaning at the end of the year. Supposedly Jauron, Modrak, Guy and probably a few position coaches go. That will be the only thing that keeps me from cancelling my seats. Now will they hire anyone good to replace them? :(

PTR

Same thing they do every 3 to 4 years, and what has it gotten us? The same old garbage no matter who is running the show or shall we say the Circus!

A few problems with that

1. ever heard the saying "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me?" You must think Bills fans are idiots

While on the whole I agree with this bold statement - I believe Ralph absolutely prescribes to this theory....

A few problems with that

I wouldn't call anyone an idiot, especially someone who follows this disaster as much as I do and for as long as I have, but don't Bills fans fall for the same crap year after year, front office after front office, coaching staff after coaching staff? Yes they do, so does that make all of us idiots? Ralph has thousands of Western New Yorkers under his thumb, like Yo-Yos attached to our wallets. The sad thing is, even Browns fans will protest in public, all Bill's fans do is B word online in forums like this, or amongst each other, but come gameday, the stadium if full, and Ralph's wallet is even fuller, so it is all his gain and our loss and nothing will ever change. Heck if I could make million after million without putting anything into it, I probably would too, but it still sucks.

Brandon better be finding a job for himself next year.. Knowing his type..He's in self preservation mode right now and has feelers out throughout the league....He is a good promoter.....We've been buying his sh-t for years. Its us who will suffer.....as always when your a Bills fan

I'm just wondering why anyone believes Russ Brandon has any power on this team? This is a man who is the public face of the team in the off-season when the record is 0-0. When the season rolls around, he's nowhere to be found and rarely speaks. The last time I can recall him speaking was after the Cleveland debacle when he admitted it was a low point.

Brandon defers on every major decision to Wilson and Littman. He can't make big changes, and he certainly can't sign a UFA like TO, who came when RW dreamed up that marketing move. Brandon simply allows the team not to have to hire a GM, much like his predecessor Marv. Brandon's presence is a cost cutting move.