Whitner calls out offense...

Big Turk

Anyone who thinks that only the "superstars" or best players can be leaders or speak out has obviously never played organized sports.

Anyone who played organized sports knows that teammates who regularly talk smack without making a commensurate impact on the field are largely ignored.

Regularly hosting pizza parties might get you props, but little credibility.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just saying if the defense was in the top 10 in the league then they have a point.

Stroud is playing well but one man does not make up a whole Defense.

I feel until they get better against the run, everybody on D including Whitner should just shut the F... up and play.

For perspective, we used to be horrible against the run during Gregg Williams first two seasons and that was with Pat Williams in the middle. I think Stroud is doing his part. The scheme is mediocore. The talent is not exceptional but would be plenty good if guided by a great coordinator like Dick LeBeau for example. The Bills have not been as good as their 7-9 record the past 3 years but with good coaching, a quarterback and a left tackle they could compete with anyone. Keep hiring chump coaches and they need to improve practically everywhere to compete.

Anyone who thinks that only the "superstars" or best players can be leaders or speak out has obviously never played organized sports.

That is very true, but the guy hasn't played in what 3-4 weeks? By the way the two guys playing safety now are not getting paid nearly as much as he, playing better than he has in the past, and have played in the last month!

That is very true, but the guy hasn't played in what 3-4 weeks? By the way the two guys playing safety now are not getting paid nearly as much as he, playing better than he has in the past, and have played in the last month!

Well, maybe he can play RT. :wallbash: That way he can get back on the field and contribute to the offense at the same time. :lol:

I think the offense already knows its struggling and like Whitner's words are going to magically make things better just like they got us to the playoffs last year.

The only thing this team has going for it is hanging together, now's not the time to split down the middle, its just a good excuse for the defense to quit doing what their doing if the offense continues to struggle.

How about Donte just shutting his trap and stop whining and crying all the time and start helping the team win like his counterpart, Jairus Byrd.

Exactly, and we passed on....... damn, never mind. Whitner hasn't earned the right to say anything at this point.

Exactly, and we passed on....... damn, never mind. Whitner hasn't earned the right to say anything at this point.

Sorry fellas, I know this is wayyyy off topic....but Spider, that Rec Room is tight brother!

Okay back to Whitner. I have always rooted for Donte, he works really hard and I hear he is a real film rat, student of the game, etc. He doesn't rate an number 8 pick or his inflated salary, but I've always pulled for him. That being said he needs to just shut it until he gets back on the field. True leadership is respected by those who are in the trenches with you...

I don't care what he thinks. I don't care what any of these guys think or say for that matter. They're all riding in the back of a dump truck headed for the land fill known as The Off Season as far as I'm concerned.

I wonder what Bill will have an off field transgression this upcoming offseason?

Donte needs to stop talking and start making plays, another bust for the bills, i say he's gone after there is a clean house this off-season. I am sick of him talking a big game and then being invisible on sunday until he limps into the tunnel. I like that he tries to step up and be a leader, but we lost the guy that really got the D fired up when McKelvin went down.