The new Gestapo

Mickey

If memory serves me, the primary function of the Gestapo was to keep the Nazi faithful just that, faithful and pure. Any party members who dared to waiver from the party line risked a date with some piano wire.

Now the Republicans have this 527 group known as "The Club for Growth" which apparently has appointed itself the internal polizei of the Conservative movement, dedicated to rooting out the insufficiently pure of thought. They devoted their funds to ousting Arlen Specter and tried to recruit a more intellectually pure candidate to run against John McCain.

The good news is that they have had no success in devouring Republican moderates. The bad news is that they show no signs of running out of cash and will undoubtedly keep trying.

Club for Growth

I find no shortage of examples of groups who would like to see the Republican party move even further to the right. They are cetainly not balanced out by any groups seeking to move the party back to the middle which leads me to believe that the Party is nowhere near done moving ever rightward. I think it is an interesting question to ask, just how far to the right will be too far? That is a question only Republican voters themselves can answer. Give me some help here guys, how far would be too far for those of you who voted for Bush?

If memory serves me, the primary function of the Gestapo was to keep the Nazi faithful just that, faithful and pure.  Any party members who dared to waiver from the party line risked a date with some piano wire.

Now the Republicans have this 527 group known as "The Club for Growth" which apparently has appointed itself the internal polizei of the Conservative movement, dedicated to rooting out the insufficiently pure of thought.  They devoted their funds to ousting Arlen Specter and tried to recruit a more intellectually pure candidate to run against John McCain.

The good news is that they have had no success in devouring Republican moderates.  The bad news is that they show no signs of running out of cash and will undoubtedly keep trying.

Club for Growth

I find no shortage of examples of groups who would like to see the Republican party move even further to the right.  They are cetainly not balanced out by any groups seeking to move the party back to the middle which leads me to believe that the Party is nowhere near done moving ever rightward.  I think it is an interesting question to ask, just how far to the right will be too far?  That is a question only Republican voters themselves can answer.  Give me some help here guys, how far would be too far for those of you who voted for Bush?

120976[/snapback]

Probably a misrepresentaton of the Gestapo.

Not a misrepresentation of the "Club for Growth", it seems...

Ohhh, believe me... If it happens again, this time they will be wiser... A lot subtler.

You probably won't even know you are under the "spell."

:doh:  :D

121031[/snapback]

Really? Scroll through these words from 1963 and ask yourself how many have come to pass...# 15 and on have some current import...# 24, 25 and 26 should be quite recognizable...as are others...

http://www.uhuh.com/nwo/communism/comgoals.htm

If memory serves me, the primary function of the Gestapo was to keep the Nazi faithful just that, faithful and pure.  Any party members who dared to waiver from the party line risked a date with some piano wire.

Now the Republicans have this 527 group known as "The Club for Growth" which apparently has appointed itself the internal polizei of the Conservative movement, dedicated to rooting out the insufficiently pure of thought.  They devoted their funds to ousting Arlen Specter and tried to recruit a more intellectually pure candidate to run against John McCain.

The good news is that they have had no success in devouring Republican moderates.  The bad news is that they show no signs of running out of cash and will undoubtedly keep trying.

Club for Growth

I find no shortage of examples of groups who would like to see the Republican party move even further to the right.  They are cetainly not balanced out by any groups seeking to move the party back to the middle which leads me to believe that the Party is nowhere near done moving ever rightward.  I think it is an interesting question to ask, just how far to the right will be too far?  That is a question only Republican voters themselves can answer.  Give me some help here guys, how far would be too far for those of you who voted for Bush?

120976[/snapback]

hey man, you didn't get this from me, but this website might help keep out those evil republican mind control waves :doh:

Don't act so thick, Ex. It is the leftist agenda of the past and the present.

121089[/snapback]

It is the leftist agenda to put the republicans in office???

I am not acting thick... Just thick! :)

Tell me who has power? Who is in total control? And do you see any change for the future in the power arrangement?

After all, if the left keeps it up... They can kiss '08 good bye? That would be 12 years of executive monopoly... Legislative goes back 22 in '08?

Maybe you believe it is like a Bugs Bunny toon where Bugs finally gets Daffy to agree with him by changing his (Bug's) opinion to Daffy's... Only to have Daffy object and to agree to Bug's original position?... :doh::D:unsure:

I think this all a bit "daffy"

:D

Club for Growth

I find no shortage of examples of groups who would like to see the Republican party move even further to the right.  They are cetainly not balanced out by any groups seeking to move the party back to the middle which leads me to believe that the Party is nowhere near done moving ever rightward. 

120976[/snapback]

Did you even read the article that you linked to?

Club for Growth

120976[/snapback]

You've demonstrated your intelligence often on this board. Unless proven otherwise, I refuse to believe this post was made in good faith. Republicans are nazis, how facist is too facist for you? - please.

Club for Growth

120976[/snapback]

Actually, they almost succeeded in getting Pat Toomey through the Republican Senatorial primary, much to Specter's dismay.

Have some beers like I am, and chill out, Mick. Paranoia seems to be eating at you. This nation isn't falling down the toilet because Bush won, and it wouldn't fall down the toilet if Kerry won...

What do you want? Prior restraint of ideas and speech?

121008[/snapback]

Who said anything about the country going down the toilet?

The right has been complaining that the country is going to hell in a handbasket because it has moved so far to the left since about 1958 or so. Certainly, if moving too far to the left can be a problem, at least in theory, moving too far to the right could also be a problem. I have heard from a few conservatives on this board that the political pendulum will inevitably swing back to the middle because conservatives will over reach, lurching too far to the right. I have also heard from a number of conservatives that the extremists among them do not have the pull they think they do. I am not so sure that there will be a saturation point when it comes to moving to the right or that extremists are not driving the red bus.

The best way to find that out is to see where the line is for republican voters, moderates and not so moderate voters alike which are pretty well represented here. So I am asking, where is the line for you guys, seriously? I don't mean to be implying that we are within inches of a Nuremberg rally or anything. I actually think that the democrats have to try and change to reflect some of the views of mariginal Republican voters. My theory and it is just that, a theory, is that there are pro-choice Republicans who are pretty uncomfortable being on the same side as the Bob Joneses of the world but would rather be there than with the democrats on balance. I want to know where their limits are.