President Obama re: Jobs

Chef Jim

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it will most likely be trillions but in inflation adjusted terms, it will be billions

That is okay. Ya, the surviving boomers are gonna want to to live cheaply. Just like now... Housing became overly inflated... The first boomers hit retirement, now they need cheap housing. :thumbsup:

Start buying stock in synthetic gabardine slacks.

:wallbash:

Don't worry, I piss the old dick's off at work with these comments... They are cutting me out of their wills. One guy's father was born in the 1800's and he is only 12 years older than me.

Baby Boomers 1946-1964

Next time a captain sails their boat/ship through your whatever it is you do ask them when they were born. If all the baby boomers died you'd probably be an unemployment statistic.

Next time you check in with your CPA/Accountant, ask him/her when they were born. If all the baby boomers died you'd probably be left doing your own taxes

Next time you visit your doctor ask them when they were born. If all the baby boomers died you be stuck doing your prostate exams yourself even though you'd probably enjoy it.

Next time you pump gas ask the person there when the owner of the station was born. If all baby boomers died you be stuck riding your bike,

Next time you go to the bank, ask them when the manager was born. If all baby boomers died your bank would probably be run like ****.

Next time you eat at your favorite restaurant, ask them when the owner was born. If all baby boomers died you'd probably go hungry.

Next time you buy a mutual fund ask them when the investment advisor was born. If all baby boomers died you'd probably have to select your own stocks.

I could go on forever you ingrateful B word!

Baby Boomers 1946-1964

Next time a captain sails their boat ship through your whatever it is you do ask them when they were born. If all the baby boomers died you'd probably be an unemployment statistic.

Next time you check in with your CPA/Accountant, ask him/her when they were born. If all the baby boomers died you'd probably be left doing your own taxes

Next time you visit your doctor ask them when they were born. If all the baby boomers died you be stuck doing your prostate exams yourself even though you'd probably enjoy it.

Next time you pump gas ask the person there when the owner of the station was born. If all baby boomers died you be stuck riding your bike,

Next time you go to the bank, ask them when the manager was born. If all baby boomers died your bank would probably be run like ****.

Next time you eat at your favorite restaurant, ask them when the owner was born. If all baby boomers died you'd probably go hungry.

Next time you buy a mutual fund ask them when the investment advisor was born. If all baby boomers died you'd probably have to select your own stocks.

I could go on forever you ingrateful B word!

1. No. My job is to dam up the river and STOP people from coming through too fast if at all. It is a courtesy we let them through... There are more important aspects of my mission than customer service... It is the lowest priority... Especially for sailboats... We actually need to STOP locking for the health of everything related to this river, IMO. :lol:

2. I do my own taxes.

3. My doctor is one month older than me... Really, January 1968! Me, February.

4. Gas, I am not sure... Who the eff cares... I am fat enough... Probably need to ride a bike... I will give you this one.

5. NEWSFALSH: My bank is run like sh*t! Local bank. Did you know that something like a very high % of local banks are insolvent... Probably why they charge all these crazy fees in small working class towns. So, mattress is looking better and better each day... Worked for my grandfather.

6. I eat manily at fast food joints.

7. Who do you think is running the federal TSP accounts... No need to ask.

I could go on, but I am an ungrateful B word!

Wow... I think I just batted 6 or 5 for 7... Nice selection... :thumbsup:

1. No. My job is to dam up the river and STOP people from coming through too fast if at all. It is a courtesy we let them through... There are more important aspects of my mission than customer service... It is the lowest priority... Especially for sailboats... We actually need to STOP locking for the health of everything related to this river, IMO. :lol:

2. I do my own taxes.

4. Gas, I am not sure... Who the eff cares... I am fat enough... Probably need to ride a bike... I will give you this one.

5. NEWSFALSH: My bank is run like sh*t! Local bank. Did you know that something like a very high % of local banks are insolvent... Probably why they charge all these crazy fees in small working class towns. So, mattress is looking better and better each day... Worked for my grandfather.

Wow... I think I just batted 6 or 5 for 7... Nice selection... :thumbsup:

Glad to see you got the point as usual poindexter.

Not whining at all... In fact I am sucking up the mess and telling it like it is. Take what they want from me.

:wallbash::thumbsup:

Yeah, you've been whining about boomers for a long time now. It's funny that your type always lays blame elswhere and can only see the bad in a particular group. That's a very unbecoming attitude.

Man, he looked dejected.

He looked as if he was thinking "Guys, I'm really really trying, I really really don't know why all this spending isn't working."

That's what I got out of it

He should look dejected. The value of the dollar is down, unemployment has gone up (even though he said the stimulus money would create jobs).

He should look dejected. The value of the dollar is down, unemployment has gone up (even though he said the stimulus money would create jobs).

To be fair, the value of the dollar was lower 16 months ago than it is today, but it's only a matter of time before it goes lower, MUCH LOWER

Yeah, you've been whining about boomers for a long time now. It's funny that your type always lays blame elswhere and can only see the bad in a particular group. That's a very unbecoming attitude.

Hey... It is your generation that screwed everything up (not without the positives I do admit)... And our society will be reacting to that generation from the womb to the tomb. Unfortunately, it is gonna be the "slacker generation" that wil have to fix things. Go figure.

Oh, and stop being so sensitive... There is plenty of blame to go around. Like I said, for all the good your generation created, they sure created a whole pile of doo-doo for people to wallow in.

Anyway... About the dollar... Isn't it good that say the Japanese Yen is getting stronger against the dollar? The Japs gotta be freaking that it is at 89.58... :wallbash: Don't they usually like it at about 100 to one or above so they can dump all their imports on us.

I say drive it down maybe the baby boomers will have to hit retirement a little less high off the hog. :(:lol:

Here's an interesting article from ABC News that is an absolute egg-on-the-face moment for the Obama administration.

Those jobs saved or created? Well, the money was spent -- and the jobs were saved or created -- IN DISTRICTS THAT DON'T EXIST.

If ABC News keeps this up, Jake Tapper may end up writing obits.

Here's a stimulus success story: In Arizona's 9th Congressional District, 30 jobs have been saved or created with just $761,420 in federal stimulus spending. At least that's what the website set up by the Obama Administration to track the $787 billion stimulus says.

There's one problem, though: There is no 9th Congressional District in Arizona; the state has only eight Congressional Districts.

There's no 86th Congressional District in Arizona either, but the government's recovery.gov Web site says $34 million in stimulus money has been spent there.

In fact, Recovery.gov lists hundreds of millions spent and hundreds of jobs created in Congressional districts that don't exist.

In Oklahoma, for example, the site lists more than $19 million in spending -- and 15 jobs created -- on Congressional districts that don't exist. In Iowa, it shows $10.6 million spent – and 39 jobs created -- in non-existent districts.

In Connecticut's 42nd District (which also does not exist), the website claims 25 jobs created with zero stimulus dollars.

The list of spending and job creation in fictional Congressional Districts extends to U.S. territories as well.

- $68.3 million spent and 72.2 million spent in the 1st Congressional District of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

- $8.4 million spent and 40.3 jobs created in the 99th Congressional District of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

- $1.5 million spent and .3 jobs created in the 69th district and $35 million for 142 jobs in the 99th district of the Northern Mariana Islands.

- $47.7 million spent and 291 jobs created in Puerto Rico's 99th Congressional District.

The Recovery.gov Web site was established as part of the stimulus bill "to foster greater accountability and transparency" in the use of the money spent through the stimulus program. The site is a well-funded enterprise; the General Services Administration updated it earlier this year with an $18 million grant.

i am trying to figure this one out....lets say the guys father was born in 1899(technically the 1800's still) that would put the father at 110 years old. you are 31, therefore the guys son is 43.....the guys dad had him when he was 67 at the youngest? not completely unheard of(tony randall to name one)....but man....I would hate to have a 70 year old as a father when i was in my toddler days...... :lol:

One guy's father was born in the 1800's and he is only 12 years older than me.

Here's an interesting article from ABC News that is an absolute egg-on-the-face moment for the Obama administration.

Those jobs saved or created? Well, the money was spent -- and the jobs were saved or created -- IN DISTRICTS THAT DON'T EXIST.

If ABC News keeps this up, Jake Tapper may end up writing obits.

Here's a stimulus success story: In Arizona's 9th Congressional District, 30 jobs have been saved or created with just $761,420 in federal stimulus spending. At least that's what the website set up by the Obama Administration to track the $787 billion stimulus says.

There's one problem, though: There is no 9th Congressional District in Arizona; the state has only eight Congressional Districts.

There's no 86th Congressional District in Arizona either, but the government's recovery.gov Web site says $34 million in stimulus money has been spent there.

In fact, Recovery.gov lists hundreds of millions spent and hundreds of jobs created in Congressional districts that don't exist.

In Oklahoma, for example, the site lists more than $19 million in spending -- and 15 jobs created -- on Congressional districts that don't exist. In Iowa, it shows $10.6 million spent – and 39 jobs created -- in non-existent districts.

In Connecticut's 42nd District (which also does not exist), the website claims 25 jobs created with zero stimulus dollars.

The list of spending and job creation in fictional Congressional Districts extends to U.S. territories as well.

- $68.3 million spent and 72.2 million spent in the 1st Congressional District of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

- $8.4 million spent and 40.3 jobs created in the 99th Congressional District of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

- $1.5 million spent and .3 jobs created in the 69th district and $35 million for 142 jobs in the 99th district of the Northern Mariana Islands.

- $47.7 million spent and 291 jobs created in Puerto Rico's 99th Congressional District.

The Recovery.gov Web site was established as part of the stimulus bill "to foster greater accountability and transparency" in the use of the money spent through the stimulus program. The site is a well-funded enterprise; the General Services Administration updated it earlier this year with an $18 million grant.

These districts will probably exist after the White House does their thing with the census.

2. I do my own taxes.

Wow... I think I just batted 6 or 5 for 7... Nice selection... :lol:

:lol:

I would advise you to keep some of this to yourself. It's like you're having a garage sale of your personal virtues.

I would advise you to keep some of this to yourself. It's like you're having a garage sale of your personal virtues.

I think it's funny that he thinks fast food joints aren't owned by baby boomers. I guess he thinks no one owns them, the just exist.