Bills vs Sabres quandry...

Buftex

So, I am going home to Buffalo for the holidays. As I am currently underemployed, I am staying for about 2 weeks. I am wondering, if you were me, what would you do? I love the Bills (though like a lot here, I find their current situation depressing as all hell), and the Sabres run a close, but distant second for my sports affections. As I am pretty tight with money, should I go to see the Bills/Colts game (week 17- meaningless last game of the season, I have been to too many of those), or should I try to get tickets for the Sabres/Penguins game, Christmas week?

Something tells me, I will be able to get Bills tickets cheaper... and not to be too pessimistic, I am getting the feeling that I may not get a lot more chances to see the Bills... what to do? The Bills game is likely to be like a pre-season game, while the Sabres game should be a bit more exciting...but it is the Bills...

So, I am going home to Buffalo for the holidays. As I am currently underemployed, I am staying for about 2 weeks. I am wondering, if you were me, what would you do? I love the Bills (though like a lot here, I find their current situation depressing as all hell), and the Sabres run a close, but distant second for my sports affections. As I am pretty tight with money, should I go to see the Bills/Colts game (week 17- meaningless last game of the season, I have been to too many of those), or should I try to get tickets for the Sabres/Penguins game, Christmas week?

Something tells me, I will be able to get Bills tickets cheaper... and not to be too pessimistic, I am getting the feeling that I may not get a lot more chances to see the Bills... what to do? The Bills game is likely to be like a pre-season game, while the Sabres game should be a bit more exciting...but it is the Bills...

Sabres are a well run, professional sports team from your city.

Bills are a badly run, badly coached b team in an A league, but they ARE in a bigger league.

Quandry. Don't know what to tell you.

Sabres are a well run, professional sports team from your city.

Bills are a badly run, badly coached b team in an A league, but they ARE in a bigger league.

Quandry. Don't know what to tell you.

^ Thanks for making me laugh, I was having a rough night at work!!!! :thumbsup:

Oh, ok. Thought you meant the FO.... my bad.

Still, I got to laugh at work, so thanks! :thumbsup:

The FO who gave away Briere and Drury? Hardly great. But they have their hands tied by the financials; other teams are richer. We generally lose our stars for money reasons yet the FO does manage to field a competetive team almost every year.

Compared to the Bills, well, there is no comparison. Sabres are run much much better in every way.

The FO who gave away Briere and Drury? Hardly great. But they have their hands tied by the financials; other teams are richer. We generally lose our stars for money reasons yet the FO does manage to field a competetive team almost every year.

Compared to the Bills, well, there is no comparison. Sabres are run much much better in every way.

What financials? The Sabres are right up against the cap again this year.

Buftex, don't discount the finale vs. Indy. Peyton will play and they may have a lot to play for (home field via a conference opponent, prepping for cold, snowy playoff games, possibly undefeated..) The Bills, on the other hand, can't put a professional product on the field and it could be worse than watching them at home, as you can't change the channel in the stadium..

I'd opt for Sabres tix and just see what may become available. You may be pleasantly surprized by many opportunities to take/get someone's Bills tix for free..

That's quite a trek for a displaced Texan. But, as the song goes, 'There's no place like home for the holidays!'

Best wishes.

Soon you'll be able to watch both on the Versus network.

The Bills tickets likely will be a LOT cheaper. I have--already--two sets of people who have asked whether they can buy my tickets to the Penguins game, which is a "gold" game, and don't forget that Pens fans travel and will buy up loads of tickets themselves. But it is a game with more meaning, and it probably will be more fun.

On the other hand, if the weather is nice, you could have yourself a merry little tailgate out in OP, and that could be a lot more fun than hanging out at Pearl Street Brewery or City Grill. You also might have a better chance of seeing a win, believe it or not, if the Colts have everything sewn up and don't start their first-teamers. Pittsburgh is going to give the Sabres a headache.

Sabres hands down. No doubt about it. Tickets to the Sabres game can be had on stubhub for about 70 a piece. It should be a great game defending Stanley Cup champs. Probably 2 of the 3 best players in the league in Malkin and Crosby.

Then again you could go to watch the Bills offense go 3 and out all afternoon while giving up long demoralizing drives on defense. Hey but who knows when you'll ever be able to see this magical combination of a putrid offensive game matched with a terrible defense.

Thanks Ralph! Thanks Dick! Thanks John! Thanks Tom! Nice work keeping it fresh AVP!

Buy the cheapest Sabres tickets you can find, not a bad seat in the house.

Depending on weather and records, you can likely find a Bills ticket for free from a season ticket holder who's fed up, or find a real cheap scalper the day of the game in the lots.

The other consideration is that the Sabres will be on TV, it's likely that the Bills will not. Might be nice just to relax with some family and friends and watch hockey, then gather up some other die-hards and hit the Ralph!

the Sabres are a much better franchise. The game will be meaningful while the Bills game will likely not be meaningful (for the Bills)

however the Bills game day is more of an event with the entire tailgate which should be taken into account. So if you have 1 shot, maybe the Bills game is the better 'event'

MMM lets see...

If Payton Manning plays its a toss up.

But if Manning doesn't play I would go see the Sabres game if you can get your girlfriend to buy the tickets :pirate:

you mentioned money was an issue.....tickets to that Bills game will be available in abundance...i would expect you could find seats for as little as $20 each online or from scalpers at the game. also, that game may or may not be meaningful to indy.....they have a history of resting starters in those situations.

the sabre/pit game will be a very tough ticket to get. An unusually high amount of canadian fans will come down to see their "next one" Sidney Crosby, not to mention that bus loads will come from pittsburgh. The sabres realize this is a popular game and have tier priced that game accordingly.... no bargains from scalpers.

i would think you could get 4 bills/indy tix for the price of just 1 sabre/pit tix. if money was NOT an issue, i would lean towards the hockey game, god only knows what the state of affairs will be surrounding the Bills as they head for the bus. The Sabres on the other hand should still be in the hunt for a playoff spot (currently playing over their heads).

3-5 or 9-4-1...

Pay the extra couple bucks off StubHub and go to a Sabres game.

The last meaningful game the Bills played was December 2004 and they lost to the Steelers backups.