Happy Birthday, U.S.M.C.

Chandler#81

The scene: Tuns Tavern, Philadelphia, November 10th, 1775.

A few sailors and hired guards assemble to resolve an ever increasing problem with thievery on board vessels in the port. Likely swilling steins of brew, they discuss the M.O. of the robbers. The bastages sneak up behind guards and decapitate them with a looped piano wire. The new guard will have to be an official branch of the Navy to assure pay and legitimacy. They determine the best defense to these sneak attacks is to fasten a strap of leather around their necks, to ward off the initial attack then utilize the shock factor to gut the S.O.B.'s.

I presume, as they departed the bar that night, intoxicated with the possibility of this endeavor, they created a little diddy about the Army and Navy looking upon heavens' scene, and seeing who will be guarding the streets there.

Happy 234th birthday, Marines!

From the Halls of Montezuma

To the shores of Tripoli

We fight our country's battles

In the air, on land and sea

First to fight for right and freedom

And to keep our honor clean;

We are proud to claim the title

Of United States Marine.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze

From dawn to setting sun;

We have fought in every clime and place

Where we could take a gun.

In the snow of far-off Northern lands

And in sunny tropic scenes;

You will find us always on the job --

The United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps

Which we are proud to serve;

In many a strife we've fought for life

And never lost our nerve.

If the Army and the Navy

Ever look on Heaven's scenes,

They will find the streets are guarded

By United States Marines.

Everytime i see their commercials i truely want to join because i believe they are the best of the best, to be a part of that would be incredible and an honor. (Sadly me signing that form would kill my mother and i cant do that to her)

:P this ones on me Anyone who puts their life on the line so i can post on a message board about a football team is the greatest hero we could ever aspire to be :thumbsup:

Keep it up Marines. You are the true Heros....God Bless and Stay Safe