The prisoners are escaping

major

I have to figure out a way to make money offa fools like these guys. If I could make some kind of bet that Vick will NEVER win 9 games in a season as a starting QB ( I really can't see him coming close, if he ever even gets a starting job), I would take it. Any ideas?

Or maybe I could start some Mike Vick website for his fans, so that somehow I can exploit these complete idiots.

Anybody wanna buy a bridge?

He has done it before several times. You giving odds?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has done it before several times. You giving odds?

I can't see you looking me up 5 years from now to pay me. That's the problem, it's over too long a period of time to arrange. Figure it out though, and we can discuss money.

$500 ?

$1000 ?

$.05 ?

I wonder if Vegas takes these kind of bets....

Anyway, it's called hype, and the post-prison career of Mike Vick is the epitome of HYPE!!.

All controversy, no content.

Much ado about nothing. He is done.

Bad character, tenth-chance deserving or not.

Any debate about Vick is losing the forest for the trees. Don't you people see that this is a discussion about how to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic? The whole thing needs to be blown up, starting with the front office.

You are right of course. But that people actually think he will somehow help this team, and that the Front Office actually considered Vick, and that player's have some kind of "pie-in-the-sky" hope for his signing, reveals a bit about the depth of the problems with the fanbase, the players, and the organization.

I think they know enough to stay away at this point. They are already a joke.

P.S.- I have now lost any respect for Whitner, not because his play is so average, but because he fancies himself a "leader" on this team and is dumb enough to think that Vick might be the right way to go. He is an idiot.

I can't see you looking me up 5 years from now to pay me. That's the problem, it's over too long a period of time to arrange. Figure it out though, and we can discuss money.

$500 ?

$1000 ?

$.05 ?

I wonder if Vegas takes these kind of bets....

Anyway, it's called hype, and the post-prison career of Mike Vick is the epitome of HYPE!!.

All controversy, no content.

Much ado about nothing. He is done.

Bad character, tenth-chance deserving or not.

Dont see how you can be so dismissive of his talents though he HAS led teams to winning seasons before.

If I had to say who is more likely to have a winning season, I would take Vick over TE. Based on precedent

^^^

If you two are so bent on arguing about how great or how sucky Vick is, why don't you take it to the Vick thread..... you know, where it belongs.....

That thread is way too long. And the mods censoring the board with seemingly random and shifting criteria, close any additional threads.

Hope you can read this before Simon deletes it

Dont see how you can be so dismissive of his talents though he HAS led teams to winning seasons before.

If I had to say who is more likely to have a winning season, I would take Vick over TE. Based on precedent

Don't want to argue, the cases have been layed out for months now (gee, the Eagles find no use for him, big surprise).

I want to bet! It's the only way to get any satisfaction from the whole Vick situation. If I could figure out a way to make the bet, I would put my money where my mouth is.

i think major's point, and excuse me if i'm wrong, is that it wasn't a discussion about Vick, perse, but rather noting that players are questioning personnel in their own locker room.

Whitner, as noted in my story yesterday, outright said that players are replaceable when they're not getting the job done. he included himself, but it was in response to a question in regards to whether he's sensitive to the fact that by wanting Vick, he could be stirring the pot with players at that position.

it's not just that he wants Vick, it's that he believes Vick is better than the above. and i'm wondering whether that sentiment is a good one to have in furthering a "team" concept.

and whether or not Vick lands in Buffalo next season, the observation made by major is that players -- and i'm not sure what Fred Jackson said -- are beginning to publicly question their teammates' value, or at least in Whitner's case, questioning their teammates value by ommission.

jw

Its a good thing he included himself in that comment because DW should be the first one to pack his locker up and leave.

tell that to steve young, his superbowl ring and his bust in canton.

or maybe john elway?

They were qbs that could run yes. But they were throwing qbs first. I'm talking about guys like Kordell Stewart. To me Vick is in that mold. The only guy that really ran a lot and won a lot was Tarkenton. Even he couldn't win a SB though.

Since when is supporting a fellow NFL player in front of the media comparable to making FO decisions?? 95% of NFL players have answers to the questions they know will be asked.

Do I think Vick is the answer? No, I believe he could come in and spark this extremely young talented team made up of smarts, hearts, and speed. He has all the tools to spark the team just as The Flutester did. There's always a chance, and there are no other QB options or answers but Vick due to our inept ability to draft the correct rookie QB.

I think Vick would be an immediate upgrade over Edwards. He can move which helps with no offensive line. He has a strong arm for our windy stadium. It is one draft pick not burned on a QB but rather on an offensive or defensive lineman.

Based on what? At his best, he isn't very accurate and he appears to have lost a step speed-wise. Lets draft someone who can play and not rush them back from concussions

I want Vick in a Bills uni more than anything. I have only heard good things about his work ethic and desire to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. Having Dungy around as a mentor doesnt hurt either.

One thing I'm really starting to believe in besides mechanics and size and QB skill is can this guy win me a game?

Vick can and has in the past, give him a year to get his feet under him behind McNabb then let the Bills take him in. make him earn the starting role and Be our QB. I wanna see it happen and i really think he can and will help this team.

I want Vick to be out of football entirely, "more then anything." Just like Donte Stallworth, and when he gets out of prison, Plaxico Burress should also never play another down of football in the NFL.

Where does it end? First allow me to ask, do you now or have you ever owned a dog? If you have, why on earth would you want this scum bag to wear a Buffalo Bills uniform?? And how do you feel about Stallworth, running over a man and killing him while he was under the influence? And what if Burress would have shot someone other then his ignorant self - would you still think he deserved a chance to come back to the NFL and earn millions after "he pays his debts to society."??

To me it is a simple solution for Commissioner Goodell. Pay for your high priced lawyers with your millions of dollars. Work our liberal justice system to the max. Like with our own thugs, Lynch and Whitner, keep yourself out of jail, and you will always be considered eligible to continue playing after probable suspensions. BUT, if your high priced lawyers can't keep your pathetic, ignorant stupid criminal butt out of serving even just one day in jail after sentencing, say goodbye to the NFL for life.

Now I'm not even saying getting arrested and thrown into jail before the trial counts. Everyone deserves the right to a trial and is considered innocent until proven guilty. What I am saying, to be clear, is that after the judge or jury passes sentencing, if there is still even one more day of time in prison left to serve, then you have now become inelligible to play football in the NFL. Cut and dried. Simple rule to follow. Men, keep your butts out of prison, and you can play in the NFL.

Goodell had the chance to write that rule in and use it on Mike Vick. Sure there may have been legal battles, but then Goodell could have called out every company in the United States that won't hire convicted felons themselves, (including most likely, the company you work for, Mr. Revenge!), and I think in the end the NFL could have won that battle. And despite the war raged by the liberals and players union, the NFL could have forged one black and white rule to follow. Go to prison and retire from the NFL. And maybe, just maybe, a confused diva-type NFL player would stop himself from doing the stupid things they are now doing to remain in the NFL. Vick may never have gotten involved in dog fighting if that rule had been in place years ago. And wouldn't Vick be a better man right now??

I don't think the question of whether I want Vick on the Bills can be answered without qualifiers.

Do I think he's better than and want him more than Edwards and Fitz?

Probably.

Do I want him more than Locker or Clausen or a top pick (possible) franchise type QB?

Doubtful.

Do I want Vick more than a good FA QB or trade for a QB?

Not really, but if that QB is going to be traded for or signed by John Guy, Russ Brandon and/or Jim Overdorf, whom I have little trust in, then maybe I do.

In other words, Vick isnt the obvious answer but he's better than what we have and will likely have, unless we got a top pick and use it on a QB, and then it's a crapshoot but one probably worth taking.

I want Vick to be out of football entirely, "more then anything." Just like Donte Stallworth, and when he gets out of prison, Plaxico Burress should also never play another down of football in the NFL.

Where does it end? First allow me to ask, do you now or have you ever owned a dog? If you have, why on earth would you want this scum bag to wear a Buffalo Bills uniform?? And how do you feel about Stallworth, running over a man and killing him while he was under the influence? And what if Burress would have shot someone other then his ignorant self - would you still think he deserved a chance to come back to the NFL and earn millions after "he pays his debts to society."??

To me it is a simple solution for Commissioner Goodell. Pay for your high priced lawyers with your millions of dollars. Work our liberal justice system to the max. Like with our own thugs, Lynch and Whitner, keep yourself out of jail, and you will always be considered eligible to continue playing after probable suspensions. BUT, if your high priced lawyers can't keep your pathetic, ignorant stupid criminal butt out of serving even just one day in jail after sentencing, say goodbye to the NFL for life.

Now I'm not even saying getting arrested and thrown into jail before the trial counts. Everyone deserves the right to a trial and is considered innocent until proven guilty. What I am saying, to be clear, is that after the judge or jury passes sentencing, if there is still even one more day of time in prison left to serve, then you have now become inelligible to play football in the NFL. Cut and dried. Simple rule to follow. Men, keep your butts out of prison, and you can play in the NFL.

Goodell had the chance to write that rule in and use it on Mike Vick. Sure there may have been legal battles, but then Goodell could have called out every company in the United States that won't hire convicted felons themselves, (including most likely, the company you work for, Mr. Revenge!), and I think in the end the NFL could have won that battle. And despite the war raged by the liberals and players union, the NFL could have forged one black and white rule to follow. Go to prison and retire from the NFL. And maybe, just maybe, a confused diva-type NFL player would stop himself from doing the stupid things they are now doing to remain in the NFL. Vick may never have gotten involved in dog fighting if that rule had been in place years ago. And wouldn't Vick be a better man right now??

Nice spirit of forgiveness. I hope they nail you for whatever you have been doing wrong.

Don't want to argue, the cases have been layed out for months now (gee, the Eagles find no use for him, big surprise).

I want to bet! It's the only way to get any satisfaction from the whole Vick situation. If I could figure out a way to make the bet, I would put my money where my mouth is.

But your so smart and we are so stupid! It should be easy right?

Anyways, dont forget that everybody has an !@#$ and every !@#$ has the right to their opinion. So easy on slamming people for having an opinion.

I agree with respect to paying his debt.

Is he an upgrade over Edwards and Fitz? Yes.

A big upgrade? No. More of a running threat than a passing threat.

Is he going to take the Bills to the playoffs? No.

I disagree with the bolded part. He was a lousy passer even in his prime. He had the lowest completion percentage of any QB in the league. Now that he's not as fast as he used to be, defenses don't have to respect his running ability as much as they once did. That puts even more pressure on his substandard passing skills.

This team needs a real answer at QB. This guy ain't it.

any chance we could have a thread in which Vick is referred to not be hijacked by the predictable debate in regards to Vick's character. i'm not saying there isn't room for that debate, but i am saying it's been well-trod ground.

and the point of this thread, by my reading, is not about Vick but about what Fred Jackson and Donte Whitner had to say, which I credit Major for making a valid point that should be discussed, rather than the "Yeah," "Oh yeah!" stuff that can be easily found on one of the 248 threads ever posted on this board in regards to Vick and dog-fighting.

jw

As I figured (and I'm guessing you did as well) ... apparently not, for a few people.

I do own a dog actually and i think what Vick did was sick i really do. But honestly from what ive seen out of Vick and listening to Dungy talk about him i truely believe he wants to make it right. We all have made mistakes in our lives, some are magnified more than others because of who did it and their status in society. But if we don't have the opportunity to make it right, then why bother having a justice system, laws for that matter?

But It's not up to me to decide if Vick is a changed man, same for Stallworth or Plax or anyone for that matter whether they play football or sweep the floor I'll leave that in God's hands. I think he can help our football team and i beleive in second chances and if the Bills sign him i will support it. But thats just me obviously you are entilted to your opinion as well