Donte Whitner - Michael Vick

Pozitive51

Donte Whitners comments about bringing Vick to Buffalo really piss me off. Donte Whitner is our biggest underachiever on the team... period. All the guy does is try and lead with his mouth and then can't back it up. He is a #11 overall pick in the draft and should be a perenial Pro Bowler... he can barely keep Bryan Scott and George Wilson from taking his position.

As if horrible coaching and the worst line in the NFL isnt enough now Edwards has to listen to the supposed leader of the defense talk about welcoming Vick... what a bum.... STFU!

Donte Whitners comments about bringing Vick to Buffalo really piss me off. Donte Whitner is our biggest underachiever on the team... period. All the guy does is try and lead with his mouth and then can't back it up. He is a #11 overall pick in the draft and should be a perenial Pro Bowler... he can barely keep Bryan Scott and George Wilson from taking his position.

As if horrible coaching and the worst line in the NFL isnt enough now Edwards has to listen to the supposed leader of the defense talk about welcoming Vick... what a bum.... STFU!

McCargo < Lil Donte... period.

I think Whitner is pretty good actually. He does everything well except intercept the ball. Im sure you are saying he sucks because he is not a ball hawk. Id rather have him do all the tackling and blitzing and have Byrd get all the INTs

Donte Whitners comments about bringing Vick to Buffalo really piss me off.

And the comments were?

Found it...

"Without referring to Buffalo quarterback Trent Edwards, Whitner said players are replaceable, and it's important for teams to bring in "other guys that can get the job done.""

Nothing wrong with it IMO...

So, you're saying if the our defense just keeps telling Trent he is great that Trent will become great? The guy is just speaking his mind -- could use a little more of that around One Bills Drive.

A safety drafted at #11 should be game changer, top at his position in the league, and at a minimum respected enough to be a Pro Bowler. Donte Whitner is an adequate starter in the NFL and is nowhere close to playing up to his draft expectations.

My problem is more with his mouth than his play. If he is trying to be a team leader he is going about it the wrong way.

Donte is saying alot if you read between the lines.

Maybe he is speaking for the whole defense , they don't believe we have a QB that can get the job done. And we know that is the truth.

I remember George Wilson saying the same thing back in the summer. About not having a problem with getting Vick.

Maybe Donte is not Ed Reed but the team is better with him on the field .

I was hoping T.O. would be the first to say it. Glad Donte at least had the balls to say what he is thinking.

A safety drafted at #11 should be game changer, top at his position in the league, and at a minimum respected enough to be a Pro Bowler. Donte Whitner is an adequate starter in the NFL and is nowhere close to playing up to his draft expectations.

My problem is more with his mouth than his play. If he is trying to be a team leader he is going about it the wrong way.

I respectfully disagree. I have no issue with how he's going about being a team leader. I don't mind his mouth as he has yet to say anything that offends me. He's not the first guy to predict an outcome of either a game/season and he won't be the last. He said what's true, guys are replaceable and if people aren't getting the job done they should be replaced by someone who will.

I respectfully disagree. I have no issue with how he's going about being a team leader. I don't mind his mouth as he has yet to say anything that offends me. He's not the first guy to predict an outcome of either a game/season and he won't be the last. He said what's true, guys are replaceable and if people aren't getting the job done they should be replaced by someone who will.

Hey, what's up with the avatar.... :pirate:

Donte Whitner is our biggest underachiever on the team... period. All the guy does is try and lead with his mouth and then can't back it up. He is a #11 overall pick in the draft and should be a perenial Pro Bowler... he can barely keep Bryan Scott and George Wilson from taking his position.

Trend Edwards is our biggest underachiever on the team... period. All the guy does is try and lead with his mouth and then can't back it up. He is a 3rd year starter should be able to complete passes longer than 3 yards... he can barely keep Ryan Fitzpatrick and Gibram Hamdan from taking his position.

As if horrible coaching and the worst line in the NFL isnt enough now Donte has to listen to idiots like you rage over GOD KNOWS WTF YOUR PROBLEM IS.

What about a safety that was drafted at #8? :pirate:

As for the pro bowl talk, let's see how many top-10 picks have been in the pro bowl since 2005 (going back 5 years), shall we?

(pro bowlers in bold)?

2005 - Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, Pacman Jones, Troy Williamson, Antrel Rolle, Carlos Rogers, Mike Williams

2006 - Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Vince Young, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, AJ Hawk, Vernon Davis, Michael Huff, Donte Whitner, Ernie Sims, Matt Leinart

2007 - JaMarcus Russell, Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, Levi Brown, LaRon Landry, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Anderson, Ted Ginn, Amobi Okoye

2008 - Jake Long, Chris Long, Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, Glenn Dorsey, Vernon Gholston, Sedrick Ellis, Derrick Harvey, Keith Rivers, Jerod Mayo

And as for this year, how many of these guys do you think will make it?

2009 - Matthew Stafford, Jason Smith, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry (possible), Mark Sanchez, Andre Smith, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Eugene Monroe, B.J. Raji, Michael Crabtree

So, we've got 5, possibly 6 pro bowlers in the last 50 top ten picks...why exactly does Whitner need to make the pro bowl again?

Whitner was the #8 overall pick in the 2006 NFL draft. :pirate:

What about a safety that was drafted at #8? :pirate:

As for the pro bowl talk, let's see how many top-10 picks have been in the pro bowl since 2005 (going back 5 years), shall we?

(pro bowlers in bold)?

2005 - Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, Pacman Jones, Troy Williamson, Antrel Rolle, Carlos Rogers, Mike Williams

2006 - Mario Williams, Reggie Bush, Vince Young, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, AJ Hawk, Vernon Davis, Michael Huff, Donte Whitner, Ernie Sims, Matt Leinart

2007 - JaMarcus Russell, Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, Gaines Adams, Levi Brown, LaRon Landry, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Anderson, Ted Ginn, Amobi Okoye

2008 - Jake Long, Chris Long, Matt Ryan, Darren McFadden, Glenn Dorsey, Vernon Gholston, Sedrick Ellis, Derrick Harvey, Keith Rivers, Jerod Mayo

And as for this year, how many of these guys do you think will make it?

2009 - Matthew Stafford, Jason Smith, Tyson Jackson, Aaron Curry (possible), Mark Sanchez, Andre Smith, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Eugene Monroe, B.J. Raji, Michael Crabtree

So, we've got 5, possibly 6 pro bowlers in the last 50 top ten picks...why exactly does Whitner need to make the pro bowl again?

2006 and no pro-bowler too.

I agree -- there is much to read between the lines of Donte's quotes. However, I feel if a player feels the need to speak the truth and point attention towards the performance of another player or the need for a more productive offensive unit for that matter --- he should be much more productive than Donte Whitner! He hasnt even played the last two games and IMO his career is well below expectations. He does a better job getting arrested and making bold predictions/statements than making tackles and sacks for the defense.

Lee Evans is the only one player that truly has a ground to stand on when talking about bringing in Vick and his quotes were very professional.

And the comments were?

Found it...

"Without referring to Buffalo quarterback Trent Edwards, Whitner said players are replaceable, and it's important for teams to bring in "other guys that can get the job done.""

Nothing wrong with it IMO...

Oh oh, could be the kiss of death. Didn't Whitner have high praise for Edwards over JP last year?

A safety drafted at #11 should be game changer, top at his position in the league, and at a minimum respected enough to be a Pro Bowler. Donte Whitner is an adequate starter in the NFL and is nowhere close to playing up to his draft expectations. My problem is more with his mouth than his play. If he is trying to be a team leader he is going about it the wrong way.

Thanks again Modrak