MIKE VICK IN BUFFALO.....WHAT???? No, not right now

Vick would be better on the Bills than Kolb. The Levy/Mauron method of building a team left us with no offensive tackles. There is virtually no pocket. Vick could run out of trouble at times. Other quarterbacks get killed.

Don't forget he's a lefty, meaning they'd find another excuse not to have to pay top dollar for a left tackle (and right tackles are cheaper, even for teams with a lefty QB).

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I alluded to earlier, arguments of the ignorant abound!

Population in the US has not grown to explain the increase in body weight based upon a higher pool of people with which to pull.

The other question, is how is all of this bodyweight suddenly transferrable to muscle? I don't question a large framed, basketball-type player being capable of eating himself to 350 lbs. What I do find highly suspicious, is then how this basketball-framed individual weighing 350 lbs is then able to find a way to actually move that mass, at such a level so as to actually play an entire game of football at such a high level as in the NFL.

Clearly, you have little to no personal experience with training. I do not mean that as an insult, but rather unless you have attempted to do it with your own physiology, you would know not that which you speak.

You have introduced an interesting furthering of what is out there, though- that being how college athletes are now demonstrating physiques and weights that were unheard of a mere decade ago. NCAA rules prohibit student athletes from working, and pretty strict on how these athletes can gain any source of income. How are they paying for their drug bill? Who is paying it? Agents? Parents?

Not sure why saying ignorance for someone who agreed with you. I made some points that would make average athletes bigger but agreed that the size of growth was too great to be supported by those alone.

I have spent time body building, and the person I sat across from at work for 2 years was a professional body builder for a few years. So while I never was very serious, I received a ton of information from him, and do have an understanding of what it takes, since just reading what he went through in his routine to get to that size, made me want to quite. Just his eating schedule was enough to make you wonder how anyone would do this on purpose. He did get to his size without steroids according to him, but he left the pro ranks, because he was not able to make money without taking the next step and starting a steroid regime.

Either you didn't read my whole reply or your just fishing for someone to argue with apparently. Here is my quote "So while that can explain to a point at why players may be bigger/stronger than were in past, it does seem that some sort of chemical help would be required". The chemical help was a reference to Steroids. Maybe it was too vague for you to pickup.

Guest dog14787
Huh?

We made Vick a dog-killer? We made him, a free, supposedly college educated, "man" choose to have butchering rings at his home, despite what the laws of the land said about it?

You're trying to claim that he was the victim?

Is it beyond your comprehension to think we may have stunted the growth of the African American people by enslaving them.

Dungy yes. Vick no. Vick isn't going to win a SB no matter who the coach is and would only delay the need to find a real QB. He would provide hope that would divert the real opportunity to find a QB for the long term.

Dungy on the other hand. In a heart beat. Gruden won a SB in TB with the team Dungy helped put together. Dungy helped win a SB in IN. He has the experience. However, if the current FO personnel stay, he would be severally limited in enjoying the same results here.

The fact that Dungy only has one ring underscores what a bad HC he was. Go back and check out his Indy rosters year in and year out--especially on offense: totally stacked at QB, RB, WR, TE.......

Marv could have won more than one SB with those Colts teams.

wtf is wrong with society these days that crimes against animals take precedence over crimes against people?

Please tell me that no one is actually stupid enough to believe people are doing that, No one is putting crimes against animals as worse than those against people....either show evidence of it or drop it...because that's nothing short of pure and utter dishonesty to accuse people of doing that. Vick spent 6 years torturing and slaughtering pit bulls and someone else's family pets. 6 years of sick crimes...whether the victim has 4 legs or 2, that's some serious crap he did. Course, maybe you'd rather people wait until he started killing people, too? You do know that many serial killers started out doing the crap he did, right? Had he never been stopped, maybe he'd be throwing homeless people in the ring and doing to them what he did to some child's best friend...we'll never know for sure thankfully...but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he did so....but then there'd be people claiming that it's not a big deal since they're "just homeless people" :pirate:

I don't see the justification for calling him a psychopath and sociopath. I mean he funded a dog fighting ring, he didn't go around killing and dismembering people. I think you are taking this overboard a little. By the sounds of it, you would be pissed if I killed that spider in my bathroom.
You obviously don't know much about what he did if you think he just funded the ring. He was taking someone's family pets and torturing and slaughtering them just like he did to his own pit bulls. That's not the act of a psychopath?

So....does everyone let child molesters live quietly in their neighborhoods after they "have done their time"? Just "doing the time" doesn't necessarily change one's character and belief that what they did wasn't really wrong. And most experts agree that these people can't be healed.

MV isn't remorseful because he now believes what he did was morally and ethically wrong. He is remorseful because that's what he needs to do to get back into football. He didn't simply "make a mistake" and then pay for it - this is part of his upbringing, his early environment and his personality.

Yes - It is all about the money. Sadly, character and sportsmanship are quickly becoming a distant memory.

I don't want him in a Bills Uniform.

:lol:

Well said, Diane

To be honest, I don't even totally fault Mike Vick....his brother Marcus is a scumbag as well....what the hell kind of parents did they have if they didn't teach them something simple like right and wrong?

Please tell me that no one is actually stupid enough to believe people are doing that, No one is putting crimes against animals as worse than those against people....either show evidence of it or drop it...because that's nothing short of pure and utter dishonesty to accuse people of doing that. Vick spent 6 years torturing and slaughtering pit bulls and someone else's family pets. 6 years of sick crimes...whether the victim has 4 legs or 2, that's some serious crap he did. Course, maybe you'd rather people wait until he started killing people, too? You do know that many serial killers started out doing the crap he did, right? Had he never been stopped, maybe he'd be throwing homeless people in the ring and doing to them what he did to some child's best friend...we'll never know for sure thankfully...but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he did so....but then there'd be people claiming that it's not a big deal since they're "just homeless people" :pirate:

You obviously don't know much about what he did if you think he just funded the ring. He was taking someone's family pets and torturing and slaughtering them just like he did to his own pit bulls. That's not the act of a psychopath?

Well said, Diane

To be honest, I don't even totally fault Mike Vick....his brother Marcus is a scumbag as well....what the hell kind of parents did they have if they didn't teach them something simple like right and wrong?

Well said. The BTK killer started out torturing and killing animals. Vick is a sick piece of sh@t and he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL.

Did you just hear Dungee?

So that explains the early rumors. I case you missed it Dungee just confirmed that there were discussions about Micheal Vick early this year. I believe his exact words were "they talked about him being an option".

What's that?? Oh that's the Buffalo Bills jumping the shark.

I do not want to waste any more time on sub-standard quarterbacks. Tell Vick to take a hike, he had his shot and he blew it. Time to start fresh with our own Ryan/Flacco. I say try Sam Bradford. Hell, I'd take Jake Locker or Tim Tebow over Vick any day.

Vick would be better on the Bills than Kolb. The Levy/Mauron method of building a team left us with no offensive tackles. There is virtually no pocket. Vick could run out of trouble at times. Other quarterbacks get killed.

I would rather get an offensive line and a pro type quarterback who can move well in the pocket and make all the throws (like successful NFL quarterbacks do). That is not Mike Vick. Never has been. To believe otherwise is to say that Atlanta would be better off today with Vick than with Matt Ryan. If the comeback is that Vick cant play the way he used to, well then why should we sign a player whose skills have deteriorated? Our FO would simply cement their reputation as suckers. Even they know well enough not to do this.

If we sign Vick..to me its just another ploy by the FO to sell hope to the Bills fans..im sick of buying the hype...we need to blow the team up .. get a guy who knows how to build a team top to bottom and do it right finally. Im sick of taking other teams unwanted trash and allowing Ralph and his cronies to shove it down our throats as some sort of miracle cure for a team that has been in constant dysfunction for the last decade.

I would rather get an offensive line and a pro type quarterback who can move well in the pocket and make all the throws (like successful NFL quarterbacks do).

Oh, definitely. But be realistic. It's not as if the Bills haven't been trying to get THERE for the last 15 years. Most of their history for that matter. Vick represents the Flutie-type of QB...not good on rhythm from the pocket, but capable of big plays by air or ground and run game friendly.....you know, just in case your pocket passer turns out to be junk. Perfect QB to run a dumbed down offense and actually make it work.

the drones in WNY continue to drone.

OBD braintrust must love it when a casual remark made by a talking head has this much "leg" to the WNY fanbase. Think of the millions they WONT t have to spend now to sell another 50K season tickets because Bills fans' eyes roll back in their heads in delusional ecstacy thinking one player is going to fix this dysfuntional mess of an organization.

laughingstock of the league.

If I'm running the Bills from here foward, I'm bringing in any QB I think can compete. With that being said, I'm not convinced that Vick can do that as a traditional QB. What he can do is become a playmaker. This team could use Vick alot more than the Eagles can and I think he'd be more valuable here.

We need to start thinking about mixing in wildcat formations and getting away from a traditional offense. A dropback pro-style offense should be the goal but we don't have the pieces right now. We can mask this much like the Dolphins do.

Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, and Michael Vick could be the centerpieces of this attack.

I wouldn't stop my pursuit of a dropback passer though. Considering that this team needs half a dozen playmakers and half a dozen solid players, I'm not spending a first rounder on a QB. It's the highest bust rate of all positions and I'm not sold on any of the prospects. You can grab a Tony Pike type player without risking all the cap space. A rookie or two along with TE and another mid-range vet would be an ideal situation for competition.

If Michael Vick isn't intersted in running a specialized offense, than I'm not interested in him. He can be the starter but the majority of this attack would be a form of the wildcat.

Again, I don't believe the wildcat is ideal in the long run but we can't block from the tackle position and our QBs have proven they can't get it done. It would buy this team time and allow us to be competitive! :pirate:

I would rather get an offensive line and a pro type quarterback who can move well in the pocket and make all the throws (like successful NFL quarterbacks do). That is not Mike Vick. Never has been. To believe otherwise is to say that Atlanta would be better off today with Vick than with Matt Ryan. If the comeback is that Vick cant play the way he used to, well then why should we sign a player whose skills have deteriorated? Our FO would simply cement their reputation as suckers. Even they know well enough not to do this.

I do not disagree at all. I was merely trying to point out the Bills penchant toward going after gadget players instead of building a football team properly.

Please tell me that no one is actually stupid enough to believe people are doing that, No one is putting crimes against animals as worse than those against people....either show evidence of it or drop it...

Abortion. Kill a bald eagle egg $25,000 fine/4 years in jail. Kill a baby and get labeled a champion of choice. I mean even our current President was in favor of infanticide on abortions that didn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRpIf2F9NA

I'm not justifying Vick and think he's scum, you just don't realize how crazy the world is. Have you read where the abortionist Curtis Boyd just this week admits: "Am I killing?" Boyd said. "Yes, I am. I know that."

http://www.lifenews.com/state4549.html

Abortion. Kill a bald eagle egg $25,000 fine/4 years in jail. Kill a baby and get labeled a champion of choice. I mean even our current President was in favor of infanticide on abortions that didn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYRpIf2F9NA

I'm not justifying Vick and think he's scum, you just don't realize how crazy the world is. Have you read where the abortionist Curtis Boyd just this week admits: "Am I killing?" Boyd said. "Yes, I am. I know that."

http://www.lifenews.com/state4549.html

As if this topic wasn't controversial enough. Now trying to bring abortion into it, great.