Cut TO next week

Albany,n.y.

Next week James Hardy will be added to the active roster and someone will have to be cut. While the logical choice appears to be Roscoe Parrish, I say be bold and cut TO. Here's why: The season's going nowhere, having TO around takes playing time away from Hardy & Johnson. Since Owens is gone after the season, we need to find out this season whether we have a #2 receiver in either Johnson or Hardy or need to dip into the draft or free agency again for a WR. Cutting TO actually can help TO as well. As the team heads for 10 losses or more, how will they keep Owens even remotely interested. If you think he's a little disinterested now, imagine him by week 14. Cutting him frees him to look for a team he can actually contribute to & win. Now there was no way anyone would have traded for him, but they might just be willing to take him in as a free agent, especially if they get an injury at WR this weekend. Cutting TO is a win-win for both sides.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Next week James Hardy will be added to the active roster and someone will have to be cut. While the logical choice appears to be Roscoe Parrish, I say be bold and cut TO. Here's why: The season's going nowhere, having TO around takes playing time away from Hardy & Johnson. Since Owens is gone after the season, we need to find out this season whether we have a #2 receiver in either Johnson or Hardy or need to dip into the draft or free agency again for a WR. Cutting TO actually can help TO as well. As the team heads for 10 losses or more, how will they keep Owens even remotely interested. If you think he's a little disinterested now, imagine him by week 14. Cutting him frees him to look for a team he can actually contribute to & win. Now there was no way anyone would have traded for him, but they might just be willing to take him in as a free agent, especially if they get an injury at WR this weekend. Cutting TO is a win-win for both sides.

Cut a guaranteed 6.5 million guy who also was the impetus for a ton of ticket sales?

Dont think Russ will be down for that or RW.

^^^^^^^^^ This.

What could the possible backlash be, of cutting T.O? The season tickets have already been sold. Anyone who thinks keeping him on the field is for the betterment (is that a word?) of the team, is ignorant of the situation. This season, like so many before it, is now a waste.. other than to see what we have for NEXT season. You know, the season T.O. WON'T be here. I can't imagine the "Inner Circle" is worried about upsetting the fanbase. Hell, who here is upset when we lose on Sunday? I've become numb to the losing, myself. Just can't seem to get emotionally invested in the games each week. Oh, I still can't wait for Sunday, and look forward to the game to start.. I just can't seem to get juiced for when the team starts to play well. I guess I'm just waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop on any glimmering hope of a Bills win.

It's time for Steve Johnson to be inserted into the #2 spot, and to throw Hardy or Reed into the #3, depending on the situation during the games. Find out what you have in these guys. Who knows, we might find another Miles Austin or Mike Sims-Walker on the team. Might not be a need to scour Free Agency.

Now, do I expect any of these things to happen? Absolutely not. Ralph's cheap, Dick's trying to save his job, and Russ isn't a "football guy".. these are the mantra of your 2009 Buffalo Bills. Go Team.

My Two Cents.

It is a great idea so the young guys can play, and I was thinking they should have traded him before the deadline for all the same reasons.

That being said it has almost no chance of happening for all the reasons people are already giving you.

Nice try though. :devil:

The logical and correct choice to be cut would be Parrish. However, I think this FO still believe he has some value on the trade market and will look to move him in the offseason. My guess it is going to be Mcyintyre who got injured and has done a decent job on special teams this year. They can IR him and open up a spot for Hardy.

The T.O. experiment has been a big bust football wise. It has been a success marketing wise. T.O. Doesn't seem to try to catch any passes that aren't thrown directly into his hands and then when they are, he drops half of them. What a disappointment. The time to move T.O. was by the trade deadline. We probably could have (in addition to dumping a major portion of his salary) gotten something in the area of a 4th rounder for him. Baltimore (who he snubbed before landing in Philly) was rumoured to be interested in him. Now were stuck with an apparently unmotivated prima donna.

:devil:

If you cut Owens, you may as well cut the rest of the anemic offense including Edwards. Do you find it odd that TO has put up big #'s every yr except for his 1st with the bills? It's not TO it's the Bills Offense

I haven't been a fan of T.O. coming here from the very beginning, but cutting him at this point, or any point in the season will never happen. His contract is guaranteed no matter where he is, he brings fans and even though his production has been almost non existent, he still draws double coverage almost every play.

What could the possible backlash be, of cutting T.O? The season tickets have already been sold. Anyone who thinks keeping him on the field is for the betterment (is that a word?) of the team, is ignorant of the situation. This season, like so many before it, is now a waste.. other than to see what we have for NEXT season. You know, the season T.O. WON'T be here. I can't imagine the "Inner Circle" is worried about upsetting the fanbase. Hell, who here is upset when we lose on Sunday? I've become numb to the losing, myself. Just can't seem to get emotionally invested in the games each week. Oh, I still can't wait for Sunday, and look forward to the game to start.. I just can't seem to get juiced for when the team starts to play well. I guess I'm just waiting for the proverbial other shoe to drop on any glimmering hope of a Bills win.

It's time for Steve Johnson to be inserted into the #2 spot, and to throw Hardy or Reed into the #3, depending on the situation during the games. Find out what you have in these guys. Who knows, we might find another Miles Austin or Mike Sims-Walker on the team. Might not be a need to scour Free Agency.

Now, do I expect any of these things to happen? Absolutely not. Ralph's cheap, Dick's trying to save his job, and Russ isn't a "football guy".. these are the mantra of your 2009 Buffalo Bills. Go Team.

My Two Cents.

Not sure about god almight S Johnson. Why does everyone have a hard on for him.

I'd rarther have TO for 8 games then Hardy for the remainder of his contract in Buffalo. Hardy is a complete bust and will soon be out of the league.

:devil:

If you cut Owens, you may as well cut the rest of the anemic offense including Edwards. Do you find it odd that TO has put up big #'s every yr except for his 1st with the bills? It's not TO it's the Bills Offense

First ... using the word "anemic" when talking about a Jauron-led team is classic!

Secondly, I agree that it's not TO .. to an extent. He has clearly gone into the "I'm not getting injured for a crappy team" mode by not even attempting to catch passes that aren't on the numbers. I seriously think in any offense, the only way he's going to be a difference maker is if there is blown coverage and he's left all alone with nothing but green in front of him. Otherwise, he'll either drop the pass, miss it, or catch it and go to the ground immediately. He's washed up ... but this offense certainly doesn't give him many opportunities to prove otherwise.